It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Elders of ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Agreed with LadySkadi...term of membership on ATS does not equal wisdom.

ATS is rough shot amalgam of societal interaction from the pre-internet media reality...and I am sure that the best is still to come (they may not have registered yet...
)

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The Protocols Of The Elders Of ATS

A fragment from a faded parchment found hastily hidden somewhere on BTS, or maybe PTS, I don't remember which...

Yes, dear Brothers and Sisters, our plans are near Fruition. That which was Written and Foretold prior to and during 2006 shall Surely come to pass.

Know ye these Secrets, and Guard them Well:

1. That We who registered earliest are the Elders. We know All, see All and speak Little.

2. That We are the Wise of ATS, knowing more as We do because of our Early Registration Dates.

3. That We possess Arcane Knowledge of the Mysteries and Truths only an ATS Elder may Know.

4. That such Baubles as Stars and Flags pale in comparison to the Power of an Ancient Registration Date.

5. That Our inexorable Plans for World Domination cannot be Stopped, and continue Apace.

6. That despite Our many Machinations and Protestations, We remain Ineligible for Senior Discounts at various and sundry Restaurants, unless otherwise Entitled thereto by Virtue of Physical Age.

Now let Us begin once again our Ancient, Exalted Ritual of scanning Breaking Alternative News before moving on to our respective Forums of Interest ...

parchment ends here

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Cheers mate.....another way for me to feel old!

What is it caused you to go right ahead and get the wrong idea?

"Shoulder fired missle , Thread goes down in flames".

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Here, let me give post a lil touch-up.

Just a lil touch-up.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I have now heard of everything....

It is what some of the new members are saying..(me being one)

I have knowledge..and Understanding...I have experience of Global travel..

I have been contributing all over since the birth of the home computer...

I used to Run a BBS before the internet even truely got off the ground..

But if the OP thinks just cause they have existed somewhere longer that they have more wisdom...then i am in shock.

That would be like saying that cause a President or a world leader has held their place of office longer through deciet or force it makes them a better leader.

so if say Stephen Hawkings decided in his infinite wisdom to post something on here tommorow his comment might hold less weight to someone who has been on here longer.

I am sorry but i am sure the OP did not mean to be insulting...or the wording may not have been placed out there in the best of forms.

But that would be how it will be....it is insulting...and if Newer members see this post i hope they let it be known.

I am a person whom speaks freely and openly...

I have had to be able to be this way in some very adverse conditions...

Anti terriost authorities
immigration
Union bargaining
human rights
criminal court systems

now to have to deal with the likes of the above i think i have some knowledge that can be valuble

plus many other things that i will mention as i may continue on here.

and i am glad to see it is not the opinion of many of the other old timers.

don't assume cause someone is new on here their input is any less valuble.

and if you think that ATS is the only place that has collections of people that debate highly sensitive issues.....

YOUR WRONG

there is a place out there called the real world where the fights are real and they are necessary to change the world and ATS is just another portal in the whole scheme of things.

So please dont let your own arrogance and self importance lead you down the road of ignorance.

[edit on 043131p://f11Tuesday by plube]

[edit on 043131p://f12Tuesday by plube]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by plube
I have now heard of everything....

It is what some of the new members are saying..(me being one)

I have knowledge..and Understanding...I have experience of Global travel..

I have been contributing all over since the birth of the home computer...

I used to Run a BBS before the internet even truely got off the ground..

But if the OP thinks just cause they have existed somewhere longer that they have more wisdom...then i am in shock.

That would be like saying that cause a President or a world leader has held their place of office longer through deciet or force it makes them a better leader.

so if say Stephen Hawkings decided in his infinite wisdom to post something on here tommorow his comment might hold less weight to someone who has been on here longer.

I am sorry but i am sure the OP did not mean to be insulting...or the wording may not have been placed out there in the best of forms.

But that would be how it will be....it is insulting...and if Newer members see this post i hope they let it be known.

I am a person whom speaks freely and openly...

I have had to be able to be this way in some very adverse conditions...

Anti terriost authorities
immigration
Union bargaining
human rights
criminal court systems

now to have to deal with the likes of the above i think i have some knowledge that can be valuble

plus many other things that i will mention as i may continue on here.

and i am glad to see it is not the opinion of many of the other old timers.

don't assume cause someone is new on here their input is any less valuble.

and if you think that ATS is the only place that has collections of people that debate highly sensitive issues.....

YOUR WRONG

there is a place out there called the real world where the fights are real and they are necessary to change the world and ATS is just another portal in the whole scheme of things.

So please dont let your own arrogance and self importance lead you down the road of ignorance.

[edit on 043131p://f11Tuesday by plube]

Is this proof of there being no way, to launch a thread that isn't offensive to someone or what? Un freaking believable.

Thanks for the unfounded, "cheap as the suit you prolly ware", shot. Pal.
Good thing you have knowledge and understanding. Did you leave it in the closet today or what?

[edit on 27-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The Seventh Protocol

Well, I can't say I necessarily know all that much, but I can say one thing the years have taught me is that it's possible to have different points of view on pretty much anything without getting upset about it.

Or that it's at least worth trying.

Just sayin'

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
no it shows that some people are willing to speak up when something is said that is just so far out there that it needs to be addressed for what it is.

just cause someone gets offended does not make it anyless logical.

if your intention was not to offend and keep a little click of the elite then step out into the same world that i would assume ATS is trying to expose.

I am not offended but i will always speak my mind...

and if it leads to removal(which i dont think it will) then so be it.

I have been under the illusion that ATS is about exposing some of the Elitisim that exist out in our world...not to create it from within their own ranks....

And personally if you think your statment in the thread was not going to invoke some critical responses from newer members...then i think your wisdom is not all that you might feel it is.

these are not cut and pasted words...these are all my words.

the same people i go against think their groups provides them with proufound wisdom that other dont pocess.

check my avatar.

and your OP does exactly that.

so i will not say anymore....

And if your an example of ATS's infinite old time wisdom...then you can keep it.

[edit on 043131p://f30Tuesday by plube]

[edit on 043131p://f31Tuesday by plube]

[edit on 043131p://f39Tuesday by plube]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

If you were a member of ATS in and previous to 2006. I declare you are an Elder.
I declare you have a more valued opinion of things.
.... With experience comes wisdom. Is this a wisdom we have going to waste here at ATS? I wonder if there is someway there can be a counsel of elders so to speak. Where the younger members (by years involved, not by age) can get opinions on matters and ideas by,"The Elders"?
The Elders of ATS.

Well................. By that 2006 standard , I am an Elder. Heck, by any standard I am an Elder, although my wife calls me a "Geezer.". Whereas some, maybe even most, of you were born in the last Century, I was born in the Last Mellinnium. I am here almost every day reading, but I rarely post anything.
We have members who know lots of things. If you want Wisdom, just ask. Where have I heard that before? Does a Professional Astronomer who joins today know less about the sky than a College student who has been here for 4 years? By your "Elder" Standard, he may.
In my opinion, if you want input only from folks who have ATS Seniority, just open a thread and ask your question, requesting replies only from "Old-Timers."
I think that Council of Elders is probably not the best idea, because we speak anyway without being asked, at least sometimes.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

The flames were brought to you by the men in the lil white coats. Good humor.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
[parchment ends here

Parchment?

You mean that napkin with the BBQ sauce stains and barely comprehendable words written with a glitter pen?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

He was just floating an idea man. This site is based off of ideas. He's not married to this and he wasn't taking a poke at anyone:

Or if you like /hate the idea. SPEAK!

Chillage man.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

That is very noble of you, a member who has registered after 2006. As a member spanning a few accounts since 2004 (lost my email account once and needed a name change another - personal preference, nothing malicious) I have seen many type of members and adaptations to the forum structure in my time.

I was of the type that spent most of my time reading the forums and seldom contributing. There are those who in comparison have joined recently and contributed in their short membership more than I have in my entire time here. I would consider them to have more knowledge about the forum and its function than I have. Then there are some, whatever length their membership, who have a degree of knowledge that bring to the forum immeasurable experience and wisdom. The prime are they who offer us information, inspiration, and alleviation.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

Come on back sometime. Hopefully after you learn to insult people using
a lil grammar.
or in your case maybe it's grammer. i dunno.

Intrepid

Chillage man

Thanks Intrepid.
He could n't know I'm already married.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by rawiea

Well................. By that 2006 standard , I am an Elder. Heck, by any standard I am an Elder, although my wife calls me a "Geezer.". Whereas some, maybe even most, of you were born in the last Century, I was born in the Last Mellinnium. I am here almost every day reading, but I rarely post anything.

This is what I was striving for here people. Remember the part of the thread that said what my great interest was? Son of a .

Thank you so much for your post rawiea

Dewi Winters

I think it is so cool to have put up this thread to lure you out of hiding. So to speak.
I know there must be many more of you.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I just celebrated my first anniversary on ATS on the 17th
of this month.When I first joined,I didn't even know how to
copy and paste.My grammar is improving along with my writing
skills.This time last year,I would never have believed that I would
enter a writing contest.I have grown,as a person,since joining
this site.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
You mean that napkin with the BBQ sauce stains and barely comprehendable words written with a glitter pen?

So you have seen the Sacred Parchment, then?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Well... Most people live their lives full of misconceptions and decisions that turned out badly. The difference between most people and wise people is that wise people made enough bad decisions, assumptions and they got slapped in the face by a lot of them, they actually know when something is bound to end up in one of those previous similar experiences...

They simply avoid to make or do so in the future.

That isn't special... They often learned to be wise because they have been there and done that, learned it the hard way, so to say.

Some screw up a million times and others just once. Some will never learn. You can recognize them because the are always right... at least they think they are.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Thanks Intrepid.
He could n't know I'm already married.

Lol. Oh man....

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

I just celebrated my first anniversary on ATS on the 17th

Mama it seems we came in on exactly the same boat. to the T.
Thank you for posting that.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join