It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I guess I'm just another wacko

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Isn't that what most people who investigate conspiracy theories are called?

Anyway, my name is Jimmy and I'm a 22 year old college student majoring in journalism. The first real "conspiracy" theory I investigated was 9/11 and I really came out of it amazed and awed at what the government is actually capable of. I also was amazed that people actually believe the "official" story because it is far more unlikely than the crazy "conspiracy" theory. How can people look at WTC 7 and not think that something is at least a little bit off? But I guess that most people believe that 600 ft steel framed building collapse at free fall speed all the time. # just happens, isn't that what Newton said? But I digress.

I'm a huge music fan and I play the piano, guitar and ukulele. I would love to play music in some capacity to make a living, but unfortunately it's not too realistic. So it looks like I'll have to cover the lies that the government spews out, or maybe I could try to expose some of the lies.

Recently I've been looking into the John Lennon assassination and I'm looking forward to reading about the Robert Kennedy assassination so I should have plenty of information to share in the near future.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by glassjimmy]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Welcome! From one musician to another! I play guitar and sing, though not very good. Im a way better dancer, at least thats what they told me over the weekend! you are speaking to the choir on 9/11! too many people trust what the government tells them

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
If it resorts to name calling, you know for sure there is conditioning and deception going on.

In 100 years you will probably be looked at as one of those few million people who fought to try and save ourselves from another holocaust or something like that.

Fight on my friend. Our goal is peace, and only the wicked stand in the way. For its not evil people who make the world a bad place, but its the people who see and do nothing. The people who do nothing are more dangerous than anyone.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Thanks for the welcome, and it doesn't matter if you can't sing, I mean just listen to Mick Jagger!
And I do agree that it's those who don't do anything that are more of a threat, but I just don't understand why people don't care about things anymore.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by glassjimmy

Welcome glassjimmy! Is the name related to boroscillicate/pyrex glass blowing by any chance? I blow glass out here in Oregon.

911, plenty of input here but you might want to bring some flame retardant for the discussion, tis a heated subject.

Music, I love it too and play drums/guitar and sing a little. I have realized that there is a place between doing nothing "successful" with music, and being a giant rock star. I met the guys from Modesky Martin and Wood and they encouraged me about making a living with music. They make anywhere from 50 to 150 grand a year and are happy doing what they love as well as earning a living from it, a middle ground if you will. Most of the income comes from gigging though, so that does take alot of time. Also, with today's access to good technology, we can all do some decent writing and producing from the comfort of our homes. So you can keep flexing your musicianship and creativity.

Welcome aboard jimmy and look forward to your input!

Peace

[edit on 26-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS, and I have been called a Wacko more then once,
but almost always at a later date those ppl come back and
apologize or I see evidence int he MSM the proves the story.

Be patient, triple check your sources, and try not to feed the trolls, LOL.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

"Wackos"... aren't we all, more or less? ;] Welcome, I'm new here too and I'm really excited to discover and be able to post eventually, lol. Very strong opinions, that will be interesting.

new topics

top topics

join