It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan war logs: Massive leak of secret files exposes truth of occupation

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by MarkusMaximus

I disagree, I think there would be alot of people up in arms if they actually never said a word on this issue at all in all honesty. It's pretty embarrasing for them afterall isn't it? Especially since there have been around 90,000 documents that have been released here.

Assange is no saint...He is an agent. A cog in a machine of propaganda.

I'd love to see some proof.

If you or I had ever leaked any of the documents this guy supposedly has, they'd black bag and disappear us so fast.

I agree, but Assange is a well known face now, if he suddenly disappears alot of people are going to be asking alot of tough questions.

90,000 pages...yes. It will be cited as 90,000 pages of evidence of "Iran's proxy war against the United States."

And obviously, the media would say something about it. But, for example, this morning on MSNBC, who'd they have on to talk precisely about this "leak?" Dr. Zbigniew Brzezinski...That's not just something. That's telling. Dr. Propaganda himself? The pieces are starting to fall in place.

And you asked for proof that Assange is a villain? Hmm....other than a leak from Wikileaks.... LOL.

Seriously though, the fact that this guy is still walking around and conducting press conferences. That's all the proof one would need, I think.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0megaman
Rules one and two of war apply here

The more brutal the war fighting the sooner it is over.

Rules, lol as if these people play by rules.
We have become evermore brutal yet wars last longer than ever!

The sooner it is over the better.

Uum yea, the stand down at Pearl harbor, Gulf of Tonkin, weapons of mass destruction, osama bin laden and Al-CIA-da. If you can't see by now wars are staged and created to benefit the rich at the expense of everyone else, there is little hope for you now

Great job by our traitorous media leaking unfortunate truths to allow more propaganda for our enemies to use

Keep defending the criminals you sound so intelligent pedalling "their" propaganda. These people feast greedily on the lives of our most precious resource, to steal more resources, yet you defend them. Perhaps an arm or leg is worth $40,000 to you? Perhaps you think its still necessary to fight wars?

Some day a real rain will come and wash the filth from the sidewalks of life - Travis Bickell

Yes, an when that filth is gone, wars shall plague man no more.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by ISHAMAGI]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
This new leak is on the frontpage of CNN.com
AKA The propaganda headquarter

edition.cnn.com...=tC4-lcrqg0N

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

* Former head of Pakistani intelligence says reports are lies
* Some documents allege Pakistan is aiding the insurgency, New York Times reports

Pakistan next target?

Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman John Kerry, D-Massachusetts, said in a statement Sunday that the documents -- regardless of how they came to light -- "raise serious questions about the reality of America's policy toward Pakistan and Afghanistan."

John Kerrey is a fast reader, 90,000 documents?

Assange can be trusted?

Assange said 911 is a false conspiracy...

"I'm constantly annoyed that people are distracted by false conspiracies such as 9/11, when all around we provide evidence of real conspiracies, for war or mass financial fraud."
www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk...#

proof enough he is an agent?

[edit on 26-7-2010 by conar]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by conar

John Kerry is the MAN!!! I bet he got As on all of his college exams.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Originally posted by pavil
I'm confused.....were supposed to arrest and try the Taliban as we fight them in a war? Personally I just prefer we kill them in engagements.......we are still allowed to fight them aren't we??? Just want to make sure it's acceptable to fire at them.

I also see no problem in killing Taliban with Drones so we don't have to risk coalition troops.

What about the hundreds of civilian casualties at the hands of the Drones?

[edit on 25-7-2010 by hippomchippo]

Well this is bad...but I dont see anyone counting the dead civilians the insurgents have been killing here and in Iraq. They dont care if they got to take out a bus load of children going to summer camp....there gona get that hum-v by god.

Ex

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Could someone Please enlighten me as to why
we are over there to begin with?

( Please don't give me the usual propaganda lines ,
either, thank you)

Seriously, 653 Billion this year in military funding,
yet congress is talking cutting Social Security and Medicare
Let's take care of our own first, then try and run the world !

Thank Heaven for Wiki-leaks also!

[edit on 7/26/2010 by Ex]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
1. CIA finally catches up with Assange. Nothing more becomes of the Pentagon leaks.

2. Julian Assange makes a deal.

3. Wikileaks now becomes a tool for the pentagon and Assange (and family/close friends) lives only if he "leaks" that which will help the PTB further their agenda.

It seems that on this instance the intent of the "leaks" is that Pakistan needs a good thumping.

Can anyone ever trust wikileaks again to come out with true "leaks"

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

none of this is anything new or exciting really... All UAVs are flown from Nellis AFB in Nevada, the Taliban has had SAM capabilities for a long time, and finally someone talks about them killing civilians and not us....

Yes but the Taliban are supposed to do things like killing civilians because they're the BAD GUYS. The UN troops are the GOOD GUYS in WHITE HATS riding in on WHITE HORSES to SAVE THE DAY. They're NOT supposed to be killing civilians!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex

either, thank you)

This might have something to do with it?

www.nytimes.com...

link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

Probably. One thing though is don't assume that all subfactcions of the PTB subfaction want exactly the same thing. There is infighting. (See my previous post.)

link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
1. CIA finally catches up with Assange. Nothing more becomes of the Pentagon leaks.

3. Wikileaks now becomes a tool for the pentagon and Assange (and family/close friends) lives only if he "leaks" that which will help the PTB further their agenda.

It seems that on this instance the intent of the "leaks" is that Pakistan needs a good thumping.

The amount of information that has been released is enourmous.

There is lots more information to follow also.

THis is a massive event in the history of the world.

My very first impression of this is that at the very least it will give people a very up to date version of what war is and how the US goes about waging one.

THis is not good reading for the united states of america.

Initial details are making me think of history and how dictators invaded countries and treated innocent people. Its making me think about how the media has been spun. The lies we have been subjected too.

People have been saying this for years about the war in afgan. Now its official.

Anything the US says now cannot be taken seriously. Anybody who thinks this is a controlled leak is insane or maybe a stupid american.

This is only the spark! THere is no point in criticising Assange. He is of no importance in the big picture here. He is a messanger. That is all.

There is so much to digest here. So many people still have to speak.

I can't believe so many people have made judgement calls on this leak when all we are doing is scratching the surface today.

I won't be commenting again on this for good while until I have a proper look over this material. I'm sure anybody with any sense will do the same.

The other idiots who have listened to whatever spin your usual media outlets are giving will be on here with their minds made up and talking crap for weeks. Please go and read the info yourself.

America , the jig is up.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by JohnySeagull]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by conar
Assange can be trusted?

Assange said 911 is a false conspiracy...

"I'm constantly annoyed that people are distracted by false conspiracies such as 9/11, when all around we provide evidence of real conspiracies, for war or mass financial fraud."
www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk...#

proof enough he is an agent?

[edit on 26-7-2010 by conar]

Not really. He publishes leaked documents - doesn't mean that he's an authority on what's right and wrong in the world.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by JohnJasper]

[edit on 26-7-2010 by JohnJasper]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering

You've got quite an imagination but you shouldn't let it confuse you. Stick to the facts and you won't go far wrong.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUDDD49
• How the coalition is increasingly using deadly Reaper drones to hunt and kill Taliban targets by remote control from a base in Nevada.

Groom Lake?

No- Can't say where it is but it's not Groom Lake.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

Originally posted by Ex

either, thank you)

This might have something to do with it?

www.nytimes.com...

Uh, when is the last time you bought gas for your car?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by SevenThunders
Where are the leaks involving Al Qaeda and Taliban atrocities against their own civilians? Oh yeah, that would be too dangerous to report, and wouldn't fit the agenda.

War is hell. The fact is, the current administration is creating allied casualties by dumbing down the rules of engagement so our forces can't even fire back.

It is utterly amazing to what end so many people will try to deflect away from our shortcomings and failures to attempt to wish them away, by pointing some finger at some other entity to simply try to make them look worse in comparison with the aim at ultimately not accepting responsibility at all for our own shortcomings and failures.

Doesnt look like ST was really pushing the envelope of excuse making here.

And for me its not about wishing anything away....its about the hypocricy of demanding boy scout anticks regulate the nature of our war strategy.

Like these guys want to blow up some US troops and then go home in the evening. Or jump the border and hang out in their little enclave whiel we have to wait for them to come out and play again at thier leisure. We just cant let them do that and expect any resolution to a stablized nation or an end to the war.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
All this information and it all boils down to "There are no Heroes."

Allied forces kill women and children, shoot people running for their lives. Drones circle overhead firing missles, their pilots go home for dinner everynight.

Insurgents who don't care for the lives of their own people. They will kill and maim thousands of their own to take out some infidels.

Nations surrounding the fight play both sides against the other and seek only to serve their own interests.

And the war just drags on, the American people distracted by economic concerns and fed disinformation are like leaves in a windstorm, unable to settle on any one point of view and that is just the way those in power like it.

I could not imagine any better scenario for rogue agencies to do all they want.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I think the main point in all of this is that this "war" is illegal. Bush and Obama both talk about the so called "War on Terror". Last time I checked, Congress needs to formally declare us at war with somebody.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnJasper

Originally posted by Reign02
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

none of this is anything new or exciting really... All UAVs are flown from Nellis AFB in Nevada, the Taliban has had SAM capabilities for a long time, and finally someone talks about them killing civilians and not us....

Yes but the Taliban are supposed to do things like killing civilians because they're the BAD GUYS. The UN troops are the GOOD GUYS in WHITE HATS riding in on WHITE HORSES to SAVE THE DAY. They're NOT supposed to be killing civilians!

Do you think maybe we have watched one to many Hollywood westerns? No one has ever won a war with a white hat. Its about applying the greater force and destroying the enemy. We cant fight a war based on a straw man of ideals...the other side can have those ideals from us when they cant fight anymore. Until then they can read thier Mao and look down the barrel of our guns.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Dan Ellesberg should be proud.

He set the tone with the pentagon papers.

The world should know the details about how its governments lied to them and cost lives in vein, simply for corporate profits.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join