It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bibles could be removed from hospital bedsides in Nottingham

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Bibles could be removed from hospital bedsides in Nottingham

www.thisisnottingham.co.uk

Bosses at the Queen's Medical Centre and City Hospital say the Gideon Bibles are hard to clean and it wants bedside areas and patients' lockers to be tidy and "clutter-free".

The aim of the move is to reduce rates of superbugs such as Clostridium difficile and MRSA.

But church officials say Bibles only pose a "minimal risk" of infection.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Should they do this in every hospital?
I do think this is a very interesting subject, but is it going a little to far? surely if this is the case, they will have to get rid of every book, maybe they could laminate each page to make them easier to clean, just kidding.

I wonder how many superbugs can be found in a "multi-faith" prayer room?

The sooner the Stalinistic NHS is abolished the better

www.thisisnottingham.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Strange i've never noticed a bible in the bedsides and i've been there too many time. If some one wants to read a bible or anybook i'm sure they can request it from a book room where a group of books are easy to manage and clean.

Also if this is what we are doing to help improve notthinghams hygiene i think they need some better ideas, because i hardly think its going to make alot of difference. Go back re-think of some better ideas please.

on the whole i think its more removing the bible from the area than hygiene ....

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Athink

Should they do this in every hospital?
I do think this is a very interesting subject, but is it going a little to far? surely if this is the case, they will have to get rid of every book, maybe they could laminate each page to make them easier to clean, just kidding.

I wonder how many superbugs can be found in a "multi-faith" prayer room?

The sooner the Stalinistic NHS is abolished the better.

I disagree, the NHS is not Stalinistic, it is a founding principle of a healthy and fair society.

In other news...

The sooner they get rid of Bibles from hospitals, the better. I suggest they place them in the hospital toilets as emergency rations...

Parallex.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Parallex]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I can also understand that mental hygiene is part of the decision. Doesn't seem wise to confuse possibly unstable persons with a load of dogmas and gruesome stories from a fairytale.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by no special characters

I couldn't agree more. However it is standard practice for religions to target people in vulnerable situations such as being in hospital...

Parallex.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

If you doubt people's ability to chose then that's your problem. How many people honestly convert because there is a bible in there?

MRSA can't really survive outside the human body too well. It needs human fluids. When my school had an outbreak of it, books were not touched.

Bibles are there. Live with it. It's no different than an ad on the door. It's advertising their faith.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

If you doubt people's ability to chose then that's your problem. How many people honestly convert because there is a bible in there?

No, they don't convert because a bible is present - they convert because of the neuro-linguistics practising soul-thieves that carry them. Why should ANY faith be present in a hospital? It should be a place for universal love, care and positive thinking. Not dogma, irrationality and sillines.

Bibles are there. Live with it. It's no different than an ad on the door. It's advertising their faith.

No, I wont live with it. I regularly take bibles away from hospitals (when I'm there) and give them back to churches. I'm not allowed to advertise for free in my local hospital, why should Christianity be allowed to? Grossly unfair. Typically Christian.

Parallex.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
you know i am not religious my self but to all the book burners goto russia you would fit in there great!!!!
its a bible honestly i wouldn't care if it was the kran (how ever you spell that lol) or the book or moreman lolol . Or if boda has a book that one .
heck a satanic book for all i care I may even page through that one ( know thy enemy .
makes me ill to think there's banded books in the US huck finn is one.
You know this world is more UNFREE then ever before in 200 years.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Athink

Finally, seems they try to put Bibles everywhere, to shove it down our throats.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
So no bibles, but I have to constantly be surrounded by woman in full burkas? What country am I living in? It resembles America less and less by the day.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Hudson]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Good point.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

What part of America do you live in? You seem to know everything about America. But you forget to mention there's religious freedom here and that this nation was built by immigrants.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by Hudson

What part of America do you live in? You seem to know everything about America. But you forget to mention there's religious freedom here and that this nation was built by immigrants.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

I'm not sure what to say to this. I think there's a word that sums up my feelings on your post...

"PWNED!"

Nice one.

Parallex.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Thanks! I'm honored to be complemented by you.

2nd line.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex

Originally posted by Athink

The sooner they get rid of Bibles from hospitals, the better. I suggest they place them in the hospital toilets as emergency rations...
Parallex.

Bet you would be fighting tooth and nail if it was anything other than the bible. being removed...

[edit on 25-7-2010 by MR BOB]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
Bet you would be fighting tooth and nail if it was anything other than the bible. being removed...

I don't know about that... Appendix's, Gaul Stones, Tumours, Negligent Doctors....

Parallex.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

No we wouldn't, freedom of expression means the right to have freedom FROM religion, why would we want any public place filled with religios books when there are people who want to be free.

If you want to read your bible, read it, don't store it in public places, no other book has the right unless it is helpful, like a medical reference book.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Im not a big bible/God man myself, but i know some people are very big on there belief's, i just think they could be tackling other problem which the NHS has, such as minor mistakes. eg
SHODDY NHS equipment failures have caused FORTY deaths or near-fatal dramas in the past year.
Healthy lung removed by mistake (more on this) Lung Mistake
Thats just a few things, Patients’ lives are being put at risk because of poor practice in basic patient observations.
so the bible is the biggest thing they can do? come on!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Athink

They could be, and that's the distraction religion causes.

Lets pray to "GOD" for change, instead of getting up of your knees and making a change, demanding change.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join