It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CF-18 Crash in Alberta

page: 1

join
share:
jra

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
A CF-18 crashed today in Lethbridge Alberta while practicing for an airshow. Thankfully the pilot managed to eject and has no major injuries. No word as to what cause the crash, it's still under investigation.

There are some spectacular of photos of the pilot ejecting from the plane as it went down in the CBC link.

Fighter jet crashes at Alberta airport

And some other photos here
[edit on 23-7-2010 by jra]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I'm no expert but from the angle of the plane and ejection time it looks like the maneuver he was pulling off he executed it too late and his altitude was too low and was forced to eject because there would be no way to pull up or turn in time, perhaps it was a flight stick malifunction but either way he was way too low when he did actually eject...somewhat stating the obvious but anyways its just what i see.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
That's some crazy sequence of photos!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Liveleak.com has a video if anyone is interested:

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Looks he stalled going too slow and being too low in the maneuvre he was trying to pull, if it wasn't stall then I still say it was probably pilot error over aircraft error

Glad to hear noone was hurt in the crash

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

"He is alive and we believe right now that his injuries are non-life-threatening," Canadian Forces Capt. Nicole Meszaros told CBC News.

CF-18 High Alpha Pass video

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Awww, guess this means we need to buy more American-made fighters... oh wait, we just promised 20billion for an F-35 fleet

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
At least it was only an old one

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
not what i really wanted to see before going to farnborough airshow tomorrow !

glad hes ok though.

thanks

rich

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Awww, guess this means we need to buy more American-made fighters... oh wait, we just promised 20billion for an F-35 fleet

This video proves that Russian aircraft are unsafe:
www.youtube.com...

This video proves Swedish aircraft are unsafe:
www.youtube.com...

And this proves the Europeans cannot even construct landing gear:
www.youtube.com...

Or maybe you Canadians cannot even maintain aircraft properly.

[edit on 25/7/2010 by C0bzz]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Almost looked like he was attempting a Cobra Type Manoeuvre and stalled not saying that is what he was trying to do just the first thing came into my mind watching it. Plane was definitely going to slow and he didn't have the altitude for any recovery I would definitely say pilot error from the video.

Please note this is only my view from a quick glance there possibly could have been a mechanical issue as the plane did veer quite badly.

At least his ejection seat seemed to work and it looks like nobody was hurt.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

Errr... just a small thing C0bzz, but what exactly did you mean by that comment, are you being sarcastic or what?

[edit on 25-7-2010 by thebozeian]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by thebozeian
reply to post by C0bzz

Errr... just a small thing C0bzz, but what exactly did you mean by that comment, are you being sarcastic or what?

[edit on 25-7-2010 by thebozeian]

I was being sarcastic. The point was that planes crash and it's unfair to pin it on a specific nation of origin...

[edit on 25/7/2010 by C0bzz]

top topics

join