It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Pieces of Evidence That Suggests Intelligent Alien Life Exists

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Excellent thread.

In fact, you could have had more, however I would have grouped the two radio anomalies together as "potential radio communication" from intelligent ETs.

One thing I thought was a glaring omission (sorry, I cholarlydid think this thread was excellent), was ancient technologies - and out of place objects (the Baghdad battery, etc).

From Mesopotamia to Egypt, Stonehenge and south america, there have been feats of engineering with buildings and structures that we would, even today, struggle to replicate. Some of these are dated over 10,000 years, which, you think, should have forced a scholarly rethink of the advancement of man at least (and further qualify the possibility of ancient visitations by ET).

I actually think all this evidence should not be viewed as separate from each other, but in light of each other piece of evidence. Just a shame education boards are funded and governed by the PTB (AND DUBIOUS RELIGIOUS GROUPS, despite the Vatican's recent 'admission' of possible ET life).

Star and Flag!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

I think you're misinterpreting the evidence or reading inaccurate sources. Gobekli Tepi hasn't 'upended' the established view of rising civilisation. The location has been accommodated and continues to be studied.

Puma Punku is certainly not considered to be 17, 000 years old in spite of what Weekly World News or World Mysteries have to say about it. The people who built it date back 1500 years and are thought to have dispersed from the area due to climactic changes. Long after Egypt had declined. The research is ongoing.

There are so many different examples, types and proof of civilization here overlapping, evolving and devolving, some even reverse the trend of evolution - so we are either impossibly schizophrenic as a species or we were not always alone.

Civilisations develop and overlap as much today as back in the distant past, so we agree on this point. It's the overlap that represents the areas of progress in human social and technological development. There was more passing along trade routes than just commerce...it was about ideas too.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

I think you're misinterpreting the evidence or reading inaccurate sources. Gobekli Tepi hasn't 'upended' the established view of rising civilisation. The location has been accommodated and continues to be studied.

Puma Punku is certainly not considered to be 17, 000 years old in spite of what Weekly World News or World Mysteries have to say about it. The people who built it date back 1500 years and are thought to have dispersed from the area due to climactic changes. Long after Egypt had declined. The research is ongoing.

There are so many different examples, types and proof of civilization here overlapping, evolving and devolving, some even reverse the trend of evolution - so we are either impossibly schizophrenic as a species or we were not always alone.

Civilisations develop and overlap as much today as back in the distant past, so we agree on this point. It's the overlap that represents the areas of progress in human social and technological development. There was more passing along trade routes than just commerce...it was about ideas too.

Hi K I wanted to post these couple of alien clips...for peer review and thought I would reply to your post...These were comments from the links given, not my words. The last quote was me though and we seem to agree??

[edit on 23-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Hi K I wanted to post these couple of alien clips...for peer review and thought I would reply to your post...These were comments from the links given, not my words. The last quote was me though and we seem to agree??

Hiya and yes, I noticed you'd quoted from the sites linked. I didn't give you a hard time.

The video's interesting, but looks like CGI. The first clip seems to be out of context? Guys set up the cameras, dramatic music and...on cue...a grey stops centre stage and bad acting takes over. In the next clip, it's too pixellated to draw a conclusion.

Both clips are from escalofrios.com (translated). The site seems to be cornering the market in footage of greys.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by rozettaStill, statistically, a similar set of favorable conditions must exist somewhere else in the universe given it's size and the number of stars out there.

So you're still basically saying that if you have favorable conditions, then life just automatically (or magically) happens. Fine. I'm just asking you how you think it happens. Various dead chemicals just randomly fall into place and arrange themselves into something that lives?

I could see that happening maybe once.

If you study the science of it all, you'll become aware of the fact that amino acids are in fact favorable compounds created under the conditions on our planet. Our planet has suffered a few large catastrophes during it's four billion years and those compounds were created again and again. It doesn't take too long from that point to start seeing proteins, bacteria, etc. Look also at the fact that the protons streaming in from the sun are creating water on the surfaces of Mars and the moon and you'll see that the presence of water on planets is not just a chance occurrence. None of this is just magical or by chance - the chemical composition of the universe through the processes of fusion in stars and the creation of planets provide the necessary elements for these exact processes to occur. The only thing that is still a mystery is whether other planets out there with those favorable conditions for life have been as lucky as the Earth during it's history to allow life to evolve long enough and in the right direction. For us, it was the period known as snowball earth that really got evolution off to the kickstart it needed to get past bacteria.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

The Drake theory is that- a theory

True usually phrases with the word theory mean- a theory.

Take a look at the sciences being taught in schools, half the things you learn about are theories. So explain to me how if those arent proven either, how come we arent teaching David Hamels theories of antigravity and perpetual motion?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Anyone that thinks that humans are the pinnacle of intelligence in the universe is a mental invalid.

Case closed.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by rozetta
It doesn't take too long from that point to start seeing proteins, bacteria, etc.

I'm sorry, but proteins are a long, long way from bacteria. You can load up a beaker full of proteins and amino acids and shake them til the cows come home, but they aren't necessarily going to form into bacteria.

I still sense that you're relying on some kind of magic here.

1. Underpants
2. ???
3. Profit!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
Anyone that thinks that humans are the pinnacle of intelligence in the universe is a mental invalid. Case closed.

Show me something smarter than human beings. I don't see anything. You must be imagining things, or maybe confusing reality with Star Trek.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Take a second to think about what you said.
Alot of the technologies we have today existed in the original star trek.
We have most of the technologies that star trek "made up" being used in our world today

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

It doesn't take too long from that point to start seeing proteins, bacteria, etc.

I'm sorry, but proteins are a long, long way from bacteria. You can load up a beaker full of proteins and amino acids and shake them til the cows come home, but they aren't necessarily going to form into bacteria.

1. Underpants
2. ???
3. Profit!

Got a few million years to spare?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Got a few million years to spare?

Well, imagine putting all the components of your computer into a box (which is a lot less complex than DNA) and then shaking it. How long do you think you'd have to shake it before it assembled itself, tiny screws and all, into a fully functioning computer?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Look also at the fact that the protons streaming in from the sun are creating water on the surfaces of Mars and the moon and you'll see that the presence of water on planets is not just a chance occurrence.
Can you please provide a source for this? Protons are like hydrogen so I see how this provides the H2, but don't you also need Oxygen to get the "O" in "H2O"?

1. Underpants
2. ???
3. Profit!

An obscure South Park reference, but I get it and it's very funny!

Perhaps time is the answer and your analogy is a good one that it might be like putting computer parts in a box and shaking them up until the parts assemble themselves. It would be such a freak occurrence we can't imagine it happening. But then, the time scale of a billion years is so long, we can't imagine how vast that is. Not only that, but it's not just one box of computer parts being shaken up. It's trillions upon trillions of interactions all over the planet. So take the number of amino acid molecules times the number of potential interactions between them per second times the number of seconds in several hundred million years and what have you got, a googol? I don't even know, but it's a huge number. This is why I'm not optimistic man will be able to duplicate the creation of life in a lab, we can't run that many trials of that many experiments within a human lifetime.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Obviously the US government could have been piloting those UFOs in the 15th century because of the implicate or unfolding aspect of the universe from a singularity the bigbang. Why else would we be existing in this universe with very little activity going on for our part. Obviously our government is busy doing something secretly for the sake of advanced technologies. And I think that the pain of the world is just another way for our government to help pay for such technology. "Who is getting burnt up here the dross of the world" is We are all paying for advanced technologies little by little each to his own we just don't realize it. I thought I would mention some quotes from Bertrand Russell 1872-1970

"Better the world should perish than that I or any other human being should believe a lie that is the religion of thought in whose scorching flames the dross of the world is being burnt away."

"All governments, whatever their political complexion are at present willy-nilly in their grip of natural forces which can only be dealt with by a degree of intelligence of which mankind hitherto has shown little evidence."

What we need is not the will to believe, but the wish to find out, which is exactly the opposite."

"By far, reality is the best invention yet!" Earth's Terrestrial Officer Denver on the Intelligent Design and the "Now!" or the Eternal presence of military perfection

About paradox and Bertrand Russell A paradox is something that must be accepted and acted upon until the arrival of further data or some sort of resolution is met.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
Anyone that thinks that humans are the pinnacle of intelligence in the universe is a mental invalid. Case closed.

Show me something smarter than human beings. I don't see anything. You must be imagining things, or maybe confusing reality with Star Trek.

Each time i open my TV set to listen the news, more convinced i am that almoust all the animals are in fact more inteligent and smarter then us!

[edit on 24/7/10 by Umbra Sideralis]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Only the first two things are of any significance...the last 3, in my mind, are worth very little...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked
reply to post by Seeker63

If you go to the link below you will see a close up of the picture that is evidently an identifed stationary cardinals hat. You usually get an extremely cropped desaturated image shown to lend credence to the UFO myth around it.

sprezzatura

That's ridiculous...I mean this is coming from the church, in Rome, in a city that had an ancient civilization that believed in various gods and goddesses, with snakes as hair and wings on shoes etc. Not to mention many more others...but I probably got Greek and Romans mixed up. Still doesn't take away the fact that they believed in beings that were not human. A cardinal hat eh? Is that how they explain it all away these days?

[edit on 23-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by youeffohh
Take a second to think about what you said.
Alot of the technologies we have today existed in the original star trek.
We have most of the technologies that star trek "made up" being used in our world today

Really? Can you beam me up then? Oh and I want to get to mars in 2 seconds. Did you find my tricorder yet?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
Really? Can you beam me up then? Oh and I want to get to mars in 2 seconds. Did you find my tricorder yet?

Perhaps you can't transport things across vast distances instantly, and it does take much more than 2 seconds to get to Mars. but the communicators exist, you probably have one yourself.

As do the "Tricorders" ... check this out:
www.livescience.com...
www.medical.draminski.com...

Just doing a quick search on the Internet show a wide variety of "portable scanners" available today. So, before you go writing stuff like that off, take a look around at the technologies available. I mat surprise you.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by AnthraAndromda]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker63
reply to post by something wicked

To me, the hat does not look anything like what is painted in the Madonna, but that is my opinion. In fact, both arguements have validity here, since there is no difinitive proof.

Also, if the artist was pressured by TPTB to discredited what he had painted, he may have succumbed to that pressure. I am a direct descendent of Pope Saint Fabian, a 3rd Century Pope who was murdered by all accounts for wanting to reinstate many of the banned books from the Bible, inluding teachings of Christ concerning reincarnation. The censorship and information mangement of Rome goes back 2000 years and it is conceivable to me this artist was forced, like the AF commander at Roswell, to put out disinformation. IMHO.

Seeker, you are either very very new to this area or embracing ignorance like it's your grandmother. I did fall into a trap of assuming you were referring to a different 'supposed ufo' painting that clearly shows a cardinals hat. The Madonna one is manifestation of God as per my previous post.

Please cut the crap about TPTB, I have never heard such ridiculous nonsense in my life, they told him to paint it but lie about what it was???

As for you being a direct descendent of Saint Fabian, I will of course assume you're not really.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join