It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Pieces of Evidence That Suggests Intelligent Alien Life Exists

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by N.Tesla

I know you have often hear someone say that you can not prove a negative. Well, I would also say that you can't disprove that same negative.

As to the statements which you make would lead me to think you have never witnessed any event which you could not rationally explain. I would simply say that you may have missed out on some of lives more marvelous sights.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by hdutton]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Trigs21

Where I think too that the pyramids were a great way to preserve the past, I don’t think that we had a prior civilization that created them prior to the Egyptians. The Egyptians were advanced for their time, they understood concepts that we still don’t completely understand. Some of their knowledge was lost, though due to new monarchies coming in and wiping out the past, even putting their hieroglyphs over the previous dynasties.

There are no signs of a previous advanced civilization before the Egyptians; there are evidences of the civilizations (the Sumerian civilization) that led up to the Egyptians advanced civilization. You say that all traces are wiped out, but nothing can entirely be wiped out, we even have bones of dinosaurs far older then the Egyptians, we even have found the bones of early man. Surely we would have the signs of an advanced civilization prior to the Egyptians.

I do believe that our current way of keeping our records is not going to benefit future generations, after all what good will a computer CD\DVD or even thumb drive going to be if they have no way to read the information? If we do not end up destroying ourselves and the technology that goes along with it, surely we will advance in technology to the point where older medium of storage is no good, after all how many computers this day and age can still read a 8 inch floppy disk, 5 inch disk, 3 1/4inch disk? Even though even stone and plaster can be eroded and or cracked and chipped over time, it is still the best way in which to preserve the past, I don’t know if the ancient Egyptians knew this, or if it the only means they had thought of, but it has stood the test of times.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure that's what the universe was created for. People are so afraid that there could be lifeforms more advanced than we are. WHY??? I just wish they were ready to talk to us.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
With respect, I am always at a loss to think how people can still hold the view that we are alone within this huge universe.

It is a sad reflection on the human mind that we feel that we are the be all and end all.

There are billions of un-discovered planets in this universe that we could not even begin to understand what is, and what is not possible on them.

I am personally of the view that this universe is full of life and have no reason to think otherwise.

Be Safe

Irishspirit

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese
The Madonna with Saint Giovannino is the one that is extremely hard to explain for hte nay sayers.

It is not hard at all, once you stop looking at it in a ufological presentism vacuum and consider Biblical myth, religious folklore and Renaissance symbology. You are rejecting the perspective, cultural beliefs and message of the artist that produced the work, with your beliefs and speculation.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by irishspirit
With respect, I am always at a loss to think how people can still hold the view that we are alone within this huge universe.

Who here is arguing that we are alone in the universe?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

I have that much proof it is amazing ,ONLY IF PEOPLE WOOD TAKE NOTICE www.youtube.com...
I dont have to say anything else ,i have all the proof D earth needs 24/7
seek & u should find

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I have D proof for planet earth
right here
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Great post.. Some top notch information in it. For myself I really don't need to be convinced of the existence of alien life. That would be short sighted, and also sad and a waste of a lot of SPACE if we are the be all end all in the universe.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I feel that it is impossible for us to be the only life form. We are not special or significant, the universe would continue were we to destroy ourselves. The sooner humanity realises the sooner we can start moving towards the future in the knowledge that we are bettering ourselves not for any universal creator’s satisfaction but for our own children and the legacy we leave behind. Who is to say that in ten thousand years this century won't be known as the most important in the development of humanity?

A scary prospect when listening to people who say we are alone or assume we are alone because aliens havent knocked on our door yet.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

To me, the hat does not look anything like what is painted in the Madonna, but that is my opinion. In fact, both arguements have validity here, since there is no difinitive proof.

Also, if the artist was pressured by TPTB to discredited what he had painted, he may have succumbed to that pressure. I am a direct descendent of Pope Saint Fabian, a 3rd Century Pope who was murdered by all accounts for wanting to reinstate many of the banned books from the Bible, inluding teachings of Christ concerning reincarnation. The censorship and information mangement of Rome goes back 2000 years and it is conceivable to me this artist was forced, like the AF commander at Roswell, to put out disinformation. IMHO.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by rozettaStill, statistically, a similar set of favorable conditions must exist somewhere else in the universe given it's size and the number of stars out there.

So you're still basically saying that if you have favorable conditions, then life just automatically (or magically) happens. Fine. I'm just asking you how you think it happens. Various dead chemicals just randomly fall into place and arrange themselves into something that lives?

I could see that happening maybe once.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Is there intelligent life on earth?

There is no proof that I can see. We are within years of permanently destroying our planet's ability to heal itself.

Only our species is to blame, and there is really no hope for improvement, as long as the gangster paradigm is paramount.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

If you can find it online anywhere, lookup “Through the Wormhole hosted by Morgan Freeman”. This explains a lot of what it takes to start life, the chemicals that combine to form proteins, proteins that combine to form cells, etc. The program explains this much better than I.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by rozettaStill, statistically, a similar set of favorable conditions must exist somewhere else in the universe given it's size and the number of stars out there.

So you're still basically saying that if you have favorable conditions, then life just automatically (or magically) happens. Fine. I'm just asking you how you think it happens. Various dead chemicals just randomly fall into place and arrange themselves into something that lives?

I could see that happening maybe once.
Actually this is an excellent question that I ask myself.

The reason that's been given to me is that life seemed to appear on Earth not long after it's creation, within the first billion years, and if life were really that difficult to create it might have taken much longer, perhaps billions of years to appear.

This answer seems speculative to me for several reasons. For one thing, we don't even know if life first appeared on Earth. After the discovery of ALH84001 it now appears at least possible in theory that life may have originated on Mars and been sent to Earth on a rock.

Secondly, if life is so likely to appear, why did it apparently only appear once? At least the genetic evidence points to all life on Earth being related. If it was so easy for life to form, wouldn't life have formed multiple times on Earth, and then we might have say 5 or 6 genetically different branches of life on Earth that would cause us to say life on Earth is "NOT" all from common ancestors, but from several DIFFERENT common ancestors?

While it's true we have shown the building blocks of life form quite easily under primordial Earth conditions, it's still quite a challenge for us to explain exactly how these building blocks assembled themselves into self-replicating life forms. We've still got a lot of "splainin" to do.

Now if we find life independently evolved on some of Jupiter's moons, by finding life there or on Mars which is genetically unrelated to the genetic signature of Earth life, this discovery would provide a compelling answer to your question about Earth's formation of life being a one-shot deal. That's why this discovery would be so important.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

There are no signs of a previous advanced civilization before the Egyptians; there are evidences of the civilizations (the Sumerian civilization) that led up to the Egyptians advanced civilization. You say that all traces are wiped out, but nothing can entirely be wiped out, we even have bones of dinosaurs far older then the Egyptians, we even have found the bones of early man. Surely we would have the signs of an advanced civilization prior to the Egyptians.

There are...These all probably predate the Egyptians.

Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple
"Predating Stonehenge by 6,000 years, Turkey's stunning Gobekli Tepe upends the conventional view of the rise of civilization"...
Read more: www.smithsonianmag.com...

And...Puma-Punku
weeklyworldnews.com...

UFO and alien experts believe the people who built these stones had contact with extraterrestrial beings. This is often referred to as the “ancient astronaut theory”. These beings would have either completely built the temple themselves, or assisted the humans in building it by providing instruction and advanced tools. Scientists call these theories bunk, but cannot provide any better explanation for how primitive humans fit 200-ton stones together or planned the intricate process without the ability to read or write.

Puma punku is also found here, www.abovetopsecret.com...
And Tiahuanacu

Tiahuanacu (also called Tiwanaku) is a mystery because of its age (estimated to be 17,000 years)
www.world-mysteries.com...

And I think there are some perfectly round spheres, unearthed. I remember seeing natives standing next to these huge balls...not the nasca spheres which I think were much smaller and they found things like records, old 33's designs carved out of them that resemble modern crop circles... in some mountains....at the same time we have some cave drawings as evidence of very primitive life with simple tools.

There are so many different examples, types and proof of civilization here overlapping, evolving and devolving, some even reverse the trend of evolution - so we are either impossibly schizophrenic as a species or we were not always alone.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trigs21
We call ourselves intelligent

According to N. Tesla's debunking of the WOW signal, we aren't intelligent.

Originally posted by N.Tesla
3. Wow signal debunked

www.bigear.org...

"Even if it were intelligent beings sending a signal, they'd do it far more than once," Ehman, now 54, says. "

We sent a signal exactly once: en.wikipedia.org... on 16 November 1974

So that must mean we aren't intelligent, right? Or else the debunking is wrong.

I'm not really arguing the WOW signal is from an ET intelligence, so much as pointing out the irony of anyone claiming an intelligent civilization would send a signal more than once when we sent it only once.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
WORLD DO YOU WANT THE GREATEST PROOF, as i am hearing "soft rock" in my own world, back off this earth to next type of earth to look like which will make a change soon, these are thought coming very deep from my deep down into my soul, and the true factor is "THEY ARE ONLY TWO POWERFUL NAMES LIVING ON THIS EARTH" ONE JESUS CHRIST AND ANOTHER IS **** ***** **** *****, THESE ARE THE TRUE FORCES, its powerful rich aliens need no money from human beings but hate us, but have they human beings on this earth working for them, the power of these two super powers sent by the creator makes them to come on are earth and another good amount of "N" RESERVES ON THIS EARTH, the power of spiritual power on this earth is far higher than any of the other planets and other universes, among the seven universes, so the world cannot end by 2012 DEC, we need to know we are the powerful ones spiritually, its the gift to this earth, by the creator we are powerful.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by GODMAN ENZO F60]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Amen.

How people can dismiss intelligent life elsewhere baffles my mind..

Absolutely ignorant.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Trigs21

So who built the pyramids? Our previous ancestors that screwed up the last time. they had all, if not more technology then we do ,thats why the pyramids are so perfectly cut and placed.

Check out this technology they used...

Diorite hammers from the Aswan quarry

Is this one of the 'perfectly cut and placed' pyramids?

Looks like the kind of work that gets firms in court for building regulation non-compliance.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join