It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Pieces of Evidence That Suggests Intelligent Alien Life Exists

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Great post!I think given the size of the universe there is 0 chance we are the only beings in it.I bet it is full of life,and theres no telling what forms it could be in.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Great post, Great thread.

All my life I have always wondered if there is anything up with the greatest mountain ranges of the world. e.g. Himalayas: almost every soul who wants to be enlightened wants to go and meditate there. Look at Machu Pichu in South America.

Some abductees have claimed that Alien beings are composed of high energy light. I dont understand most of this jargon. So is it possible that some of these blokes are hiding in places like these where people are enlightened.

Well on a more logical note: I will post some of my own experiences in details when I am done with 20 plus posts on ATS. Thank you

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker63
To the skeptics: Please explain how 5th century man has the capacity to conceptualize a circular, metallic, anti-gravity craft(pictured in the Madonna painting). Explain the detail in the painting of the man purposefully observing the craft(nevermind, why is it included in the first place?).

You will be amazed to know that they say that "UFO" is a representation of a red cardinal hat... ...I remember to red that here in ATS somewhere. It was debunked that way... ...IMHO...quite ridicule and hilarious

That painting it's not the only one, there are more religious ones with that type of objects.
All debunked as representations of red cardinal hats!
At the least is diferent from the boring Chinese lanterns and missiles they see everywhere this days....

I don't know what they will imagine for the paintings not related to the catolic church tough... ... ...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Would love to beilve you but the evidence is not there. In the words of Stephen Baxter " ...the Galaxy is so old that there has been time for a ten-million-year expansion...not just once, but a thousand times over". Signs of life should be EVERYWHERE but we are left with "The Silent Stars". In his book Deep Future Baxter examines the Fermi Paradox and goes on to give possible reasons for the silence (Chap 22).

1) We cannot see them
2) They have transcended to a higher form of exsistance
3) They choose to live a stable life and not be seen
4) Life arises and is "snuffed out" by its own bad choices or
natural disasters
5) We are alone and unique

Baxter lists "...Frank Tiplers... 10 crucial steps in the evolution of life on Earth"
1) development of DNA
2) oxygen respiration
3) use of glucose in energy metabolism
4) photosynthesis
5) mitochondria "cell bateries"
6) mechanism for chromosome separtation during reproduction of cells
7) eyes
8) skeletons
9) complex nervous system
10) evolution of humanity

In my opinion several of Tiplers condintions can be disgarded (eyes or skeletons) or changed given the environment (glucose/oxygen). Baxter seems to agree with Tipler that given the warm wet early solar sytem life should have formed not only on Earth but Venus, Mars and Titan concludes that "...we must be alone" after life sprouted and was clobbered by severe climatic change everywhere but here.

Sad but until we see evidence of the unseen/trancendent/hiding ET's or ruins we are alone in the universe.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

I've heard these arguments before but they're nothing more than speculation eg 15th century painting (human beings had an imagination back then too you know) and hearsay (Astronaut sightings). People from all walks of life believe in all sorts of things.
I don't care if the President says aliens are visiting us, I'm not going to take anyone's word for it, I need material, whether it be biological or mechanical, that can be studied in a lab to verify whether it's alien or not.

The WOW signal is interesting and probably the best one on this list but is still inconclusive.

The Drake equation doesn't prove anything other than we don't have a clue whether we're alone in the universe or not, and that the universe is massive.

Don't get me wrong, I find this subject fascinating, but I'm not convinced this is anything more than a desire to believe in something fantastic and exciting getting in the way of reason and logic. Of course I could be wrong but as yet It's safe to say that there's nothing convincing (in the public arena anyway).

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by rozetta
1) Even taking into account the "Rare Earth" theory, it is still likely that other life and conversely intelligence exists in the universe.

And why is that, exactly? Is life going to automatically spring up on any planet that has a reasonably warm temperature, and can sustain liquid water? It apparently didn't on Mars.

No, it didn't on Mars because of the unfavorable conditions there. Hence why I mentioned the rare earth theory. For life to exist here took all kinds of factors on top of there being conditions for liquid water; the magnetic core, the moon, Jupiter, etc. Still, statistically, a similar set of favorable conditions must exist somewhere else in the universe given it's size and the number of stars out there.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I know the 6QUEJ5 transmisson, was a sign.
This is what i think.

What if just what if, the "Big Ear" aka SETI was searching for a sign of intelligent life. Perhaps the 6QUEJ5 was picking up the transmission, us pinging them; they thought we were trying to communicate to them, which back then we did not have the very sophisticated technology today to communicate to intelligent life millions of light years away?

Which this transmission lasted for 72 seconds, then supposedly got stonger, the decreased and went away.

If we had the technology to communicate to them back then it would have been amazing, and unpresidented.

Then thus fisrt actual contact with them, thus having far advance technology today...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
well lets forget the paintings and go for some photos in the infancy of flight...and yes there are loads of people with greatimaginations...but back in those days of some of the paintings that is the kind of thing that would have got you kill for blasphemy.

I am sure many people would not have taken the chance with out true conviction or it was actually how it was dipicted...in a true sense.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/37039187b30b.jpg[/atsimg]

hard to make out but to the upper right.1910

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8bc1d468adcb.jpg[/atsimg]

whats in the skys in 1920

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0823cd9ccb64.jpg[/atsimg]

not many hubcaps around in 1927

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f00b1c39f53f.jpg[/atsimg]

kinda like the one in the crucifixion painting 1937

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Umbra Sideralis

Red Cardinal hats, huh? That is too funny! But a very credible expanation(tongue firmly in cheek).

All we are able to see is our own human perspective. To me, when it comes to advanced life that has many eons over us in collective consciousness, anything is possible, The could bend time and space for all we know, be able to instantaneaously go anywhere in the great expanse of space with only a conscious thought. They may not even need physical bodies, or they may be "vibratin"g at a molecular level higher than ours so we cannot see them, like we cannot hear a dog whistle. They probably have very little limits on how they shape their realities.

We have a bit over 5000 years or so of recorded history, we could be discussing beings that have millions, tens of millions of years of recorded history of their civilization(s). They may, indeed, be Gods.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Umbra Sideralis

Umbra, that will be because on the other paintings of the same period depicting the same scene there is a cardinal with his hat thrown to the ground. No, wait, it's an anti gravity craft disguised as his hat! Why didn't I see that...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Seeker63

If you go to the link below you will see a close up of the picture that is evidently an identifed stationary cardinals hat. You usually get an extremely cropped desaturated image shown to lend credence to the UFO myth around it.

sprezzatura

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Good responses Gasrock...

Originally posted by Gazrok
While I do believe there is other intelligent life out there, I'm not so sure these 5 items are the best evidence.

1. ART
Examples include: anthropomorphic sun and moon...

2. ASTRONAUTS SEEING UFOS
Even Buzz Aldrin admits the famous UFO he talks about was probably just one of the 4 panels. There's some evidence astronauts have seen other things like the Gemini 4 mission, however McDivitt is pretty sure that UFO was man-made and not alien.

3. WOW SIGNAL
A one-shot deal. If it were an intelligent signal, one would expect a repeat, but so far, we haven't seen it yet.
5. SETI SIGNAL
Similar to the WOW, needs to be more sustainable to be conclusive.

We dismiss the WOW signal because it was a one shot deal. Yet this is ironic because the transmission we sent into space on 16 November 1974 was also a one-shot deal.

en.wikipedia.org...

So 25,000 years from now, if/when someone gets the message we sent, will they dismiss it just like we dismiss the WOW signal?

4. DRAKE EQUATION
In addition, the equation = 0 if any variable is 0.
It does take into account how long the civilizations exist, and when Sagan assumes the civilizations are self-destructive like ours, he comes up with only 10 ET intelligences in the milky way galaxy (starting at 34 minutes in this episode of Cosmos):
www.hulu.com...
If he assumes that civilizations don't destroy themselves and can last longer, he comes up with a larger number. But if his figure of 10 is right, the nearest civilization, or even our own, could be extinct by the time our first message reaches it's destination in 25,000 years, let alone the 50,000 years for a reply (Round trip communication).

We have a hard time remembering what we did 2000 years ago, so remembering what message we sent 50000 years ago when we get a reply will be even harder. Sagan's larger number solution to the Drake equation really needs to be right to give us a good chance of meaningful contact with aliens.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by plube
whats in the skys in 1920
birds, bats, insects, balloons, blimps, clouds and other atmospheric phenomena.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0823cd9ccb64.jpg[/atsimg]

not many hubcaps around in 1927

Lots of hats though.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Lots of hats though.

do you think that is a hat ?

[edit on 23-7-2010 by easynow]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

I'm not really sure but I wouldn't rule it out. I enlarged the photo and I can see what could be a brim on the bottom, and a dark spot inside the brim at the center of the underside where the head would fit into a hat.

But that may just be coincidence and that doesn't mean it's a hat. All I can say is I wouldn't rule out a hat. I can't really say what it is.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

thanks , i only asked because it seemed you were confident it was a hat but i understand your viewpoint better now. i noticed the same details you described but i just can't imagine what a hat would be doing up there in the air like that. it's a strange old picture

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

I'm glad you can see the same features I'm talking about, but they are only enough to make me suspicious, not enough to convince me.

I agree that's the last place I'd expect to see a hat.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

i guess since the photo is lacking in the quality department we will never really know if it's real or not. makes for a good conversation piece though

[edit on 23-7-2010 by easynow]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
1. Ufo´s in Art debunked:

sprezzatura.it...

2. Astronaughts seeing ufo´s debunked:

There are many things in outer space, or even in earths orbit, that someone who didn´t undergo the training an astronaught does, wouldn´t even have a name for. So just because you see something on a bad quality youtube video, don´t be ignorant and go ahead saying: "It HAS to be of alien origin!" That´s just pathetic.

3. Wow signal debunked

www.bigear.org...

"Even if it were intelligent beings sending a signal, they'd do it far more than once," Ehman, now 54, says. "We should have seen it again when we looked for it 50 times. Something suggests it was an Earth-bound signal that simply got reflected off a piece of space debris." [Note. In actuality, the number of observations at that declination and nearby declinations totaled just over 100.]

4. The Drake Equation debunked

Legitimate at first but If one takes in to account that our mathematics stops at dividing 0 aka. the singularity, who says that our maths is correct for everything?

5. SETI Radio Signal February 2003 debunked

We understand about 2% of our universe to this day. There are phenomenas in outerspace that not many people could comprehend nowadays. So just because we get a strange frequenccy from outer space, doesn´t mean its of alien origin. Some people just wan´t to believe really bad that there´s something out there.. probably because their not happy with their current life or situation.

so yeah.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by N.Tesla]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
This is my take on all this...

We call ourselves intelligent yet we destroy our world and ourselves to a point where even God has to wipe us out every 5000 years or so. This is a never ending cycle that has been going around for 4 billion years, and this is just on earth. After every "end of times" we loose every sign of our past civilizations so we can start all over again (get another chance), next to some left overs here and there like the pyramids for example.
We are learning though.

After we realize that we screwed up and its too late... we try to save some sort of information with the truth for our next successors. What better way to save information? Rocks last the longest on this planet. we still have rocks that are 4 billion years old so if you want to save and keep safe some documents, what better way then to store them in rocks a.k.a. pyramids. They may seem primitive, but honestly can you think of anything else that would survive for such a long time?

And what are we doing right now? saving every seed in a cave for our "next civilization" we are doing the same thing... 5000 years from now someone will find it and think its from the gods... etc.

So who built the pyramids? Our previous ancestors that screwed up the last time. they had all, if not more technology then we do ,thats why the pyramids are so perfectly cut and placed. The Egyptians found some documents that were stored in them and they got power, they knew the truth so they started burying their Pharaohs in them hoping they would be reborn. The Egyptians used the pyramids in their time like we use the pyramids today which is for tourism. The elite have the documents now and they know the truth of the next end of times. and so another cycle is ending.

So going back to the other planets... why wouldn't the same cycles be happening there. Maybe some of the planets are younger and are in the equivalent of our Jurassic age with dinosaurs. some made it past 5000 years cycle cause they learned more. some already learned everything and are living in paradise cause they achieved something we cant yet.
As your reading this, another planet may have just formed..

Life is out there... we are just too stubborn and proud to think others may be more intelligent then us. One thing is for sure, we will all find out when our time comes.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join