It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So which party are you voting for in November?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

True, the system is broke in my opinion too. Too many things are broke, and everyone seems to fight to keep it the same. Uhg...what do we do? Don't vote?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
My good sir, I will vote out the incumbent Republicans in my state for some forward thinking, people oriented Democrats.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by rival
And that is to vote out ALL INCUMBENTS.

The incumbents were at one time fresh new candidates. Voting out all incumbents would be like stopping a house from burning as the result of a faulty electrical system, only to ignore fixing up the cause of the problem, the electrical system itself, only to leave the house burning again.

Jerry Brown-Pro illegal invasion,Against Prop 19 to legalize pot

Meg Whitman-Pro Hispanic Invasion,Against Prop 19

Voting the incumbent out doesnt seem to work here.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

So, in other words...party line. Right?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

True, the system is broke in my opinion too. Too many things are broke, and everyone seems to fight to keep it the same. Uhg...what do we do? Don't vote?

I don't know what to do. They say every vote counts...which it does....but when ONE CORPORATION owns 70 percent of the electronic voting machines in this country.....does it really count?

Like I stated...it's going to have to get worse...I don't want that to happen...cripes how bad do things have to get???

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I do think the most likely thing to happen is people will vote out incumbents en mass. However, the right has already positioned their up and comers into the Tea Party Movement as candidates. They are no different, most of them, than a Republican. I no longer stand for a political party...however, if I had to describe myself it would be a Social-Libertarian.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Not a reply at you Lucid, just an agreement.
Now onto the original question.
That is hardly a fair question as there is no way to win such a game.
Do i agree to shoot myself in the right side of the head or do i agree to shoot myself in the left side of the head.
I can see no win here.
I would love to see a bill introduced to abolish lobbyists though.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival
You are kidding, I hope.

There is only ONE CHOICE when voting at the moment.

And that is to vote out ALL INCUMBENTS.

Forget the party-line BS for now, and cut the head off the beast.

Now is the time to CLEAN HOUSE!!

We can worry about arranging the liberal and conservative furniture later.....

That's the best course of action, I think. The elections have to be clear, though, no squeakers or the fraudsters will come in and steal them.

At least if there's all new blood in there, they'll have a lot of work to do to rebuild the cabal.

I think any newly-elected politician who is sincere in wanting to do the right thing should wear a hidden camera at all times so that when the elite's gorillas come calling, they can out them on YouTube.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Republicans had eight years.

I'm voting Democrat.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Im not voting because Im not going to vote for a democrat or republican and that is who is going to win. As far as Im concerned, republicans and democrats are the same, I dont want more of the same. Oh, sure, they put independents on the ballet but the corporate media insures these candidates have no chance. I think not voting is a vote that you are not satisfied with the corporate government and you do not want to participate in it or support it in any way, nor recognize its legitimacy. I didnt get to choose to be a citizen of any country, I was just born. If most people dont vote, then thats basically voting this government out. I think I will campaign for not voting and put up signs and stuff. I just hope p-diddy doesn't come kill me like that one south park episode, you know his "vote or die" campaign.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by CREAM]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
All I know is you must vote. Look at what happened in Minnesota - Franken was able to steal a close election. :shk:

If you don't vote, you play right into the hands of the corrupt political machines. They'd love nothing more than for you to stay home so that they can take the election with just a dozen votes.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I won't be voting a straight ticket. I never do.

But ill be damned if I ever vote for a Republican ever again. Hell, I would vote for ANYONE before I vote for a Republican.

But what I will do is research each and every candidate thoroughly and decide which one is the best suited for the job. That person will get my vote.

In my opinion people that vote a straight ticket are lazy and irresponsible with their vote.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
All I know is you must vote. Look at what happened in Minnesota - Franken was able to steal a close election. :shk:

If you don't vote, you play right into the hands of the corrupt political machines. They'd love nothing more than for you to stay home so that they can take the election with just a dozen votes.

Too bad I dislike Norm Colema as much as I do Franken. One is a Republican puppet, the other is a Democratic puppet. As I explained, I like neither the democratic party or the republican party, so I dont care who stole the election really. Neither one of them are gonna change anything, both spew the same crap their respective parties have been spewing for years, thats not going to get us anywhere, it never has. Maybe Franken stealing the election makes him worse than Colema on one level, but that does make Colema a good candidate either. Both pro federal reserve debt slavery - yup Both pro war - yup(dem pretend they are against war, but Obama isnt any different than Bush) Both pro drug war - yup. So, both share the same views on the issues I care about. Its going to be the same for my state's elections, if I dont like any of the candidates Im not going to vote for any. The only candidates we really get to choose from are the ones the media selects for us, which are always republicans or democrats. I see the united states as a corporation, and frankly I dont want to be a customer because they blow my money on crap I dont care about.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I'm voting Libertarian, as usual. If for no other reason, then to confuse and annoy people.

TheAssoc.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
The characterization of democrats as Nazis is deeply offensive to everyone who was harmed by Nazis. Which is basically the entire free world. Maybe the Democratic party is going to lead us into a really crappy world, but they are about as far from the Nazis as you can get.

This'll sum up my views, though.

A Dilemma

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I plan on voting for me setting on my butt on election day playing video games while the rest of the country goes out to vote for the "yes we can" and "no we didnt" crowds

at least, then, after whoever gets elected, screws everything up even worse, i can say that i was not responsible.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

No, inaction bears as much responsibility as action. It is an action in itself. You ought to choose between the least of all possible evils, which is hopefully a good. If that choice, iln your eyes, seems to best result from inaction... well, good luck.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I'm done voting nationally or even on the state level. I'll vote in town for local offices. The rest of the state and the rest of the country and the rest of the world for that matter can rot to #.

I dont want anything at all to do with any of it or any of them. My only wish is that they would return the favor.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
im not voting for nobody there all crooks

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I will be voting along new party lines in the next election. I am switching to the "Party of One" (i.e., ME). I will be submitting a write-in ballot in which I will be writing in myself for every spot.

Wasted vote? Not any more wasted that my vote has been in every prior election.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join