It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by David9176
During our local 4th of July parade this year the Campaigning Democrats riding in the back of pickups were throwing candy to the kids. The Republicans riding on the back of Mercedes convertibles were handing out bumper stickers.
Whats that tell you?
[edit on 21-7-2010 by whaaa]
Originally posted by dizziedame
I am voting republician and no incumbants.
I'd rather cut my own throat than to vote for a democrat.
Again….in the upcoming elections (this year and for the foreseeable future):
• No Democrats
• No Republicans
• No Incumbents
• No career politicians
If people would:
• Get out and vote instead of just sitting home and complaining
• Stop voting for the same people and parties over and over
• Start thinking for themselves instead of letting the idiots on TV/radio do it for them (and thus being led like cattle to slaughter)
The country, as a whole, wouldn’t keep getting the same people and parties setting our children and multiple future generations up for the screwing of a lifetime, over and over.
Causing the pool of politicians to “churn” by constantly voting them out, and avoiding the entrenched political parties, deprives the powerful corporate and special interest lobbies of having a greater say in policy than you and I do at the voting booth. It becomes prohibitively expensive to finance campaigns for everyone in order to guarantee their responsiveness to special interest/corporate demands at the expense of the people. If you want your elected representatives to, well, represent you (and I’m sure you all do), you have a couple of choices:
• Continue voting for the same people and parties over and over, which is guaranteed to lead to more of the same of what we’re getting now, if not worse
• Use some sense and logical ability and realize that the first choice is no choice at all…unless you enjoy politico-economic slavery and want to ensure your succeeding generations get the chance to enjoy the same.
We don’t need a revolution, we need a revolution in THINKING…as in, people need to wake up from their hypnotic, mass media induced slumber, and vote the current crop of unresponsive, condescending political elitists out of office. Turn off the TV, the radio, the phone and the computer and actually THINK about it.
Unless, as I said, you enjoy the status quo. In which case, congratulations, you’re part of the problem.
(The generic “you” was used in the preceding, not directed at any specific individual)
Warmest regards and best wishes.