It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Founders Charged With Death Penalty

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Hey look, one of the three "great" monotheisms pissing all over civil rights and liberties like usual.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

As to me, I'll be drawing whatever I feel like. Like I said. When I'm an architect, I will design a building called the Muhammad for the sake of revealing how pointless respect for material things are. And how matter is matter and nothing more. If ye be offended, not my problem.

Well, I'm with you, but at the same time I won't be buying a suite in that building!

Sounds like a giant airplane target to me! If not airplanes, at least a magnet for explosive devises and radical religious nutcases!

I commend your cahones and disregard for political correctness, but I don't think you will get a buyer for such a plan.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968
reply to post by mf_luder

english.aljazeera.net...

not sure but the danish cartoonist probably thought he same thing, no big deal they are just empty threats.

LOL

I see his devout belief in the crayon and mo-ham-head saved him there. Completed his "holy mission," did he?

I have specially dipped rounds with pig's blood on them.

Come on over chuckles.

Ditto on the "this is America..." I don't wait for the police before I start killing.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Oh no no! It will not be a sky scraper. By God, no one builds them anymore in America. It would be an abstracted house. You see, I shall do the greatest irony upon history. I will follow Islamic tradition and build an abstracted form of all that Muhammad stood for. A beauty of architecture. But I shall not sell it. If some fool decides to attack it, no one will be there. But more importantly I would have caught him on his own game. He would have destroyed an abstracted home. No different then using the words Muhammad instead of his name. Thus I will point out the irony that he attacked a building named The Muhammad, even though it was not his actual image, and I essentially made something in the same traditions of every single Mosque that has abstract images instead of an image of the man.

In other words, it would have been attacked for being built in the same tradition that is respectful to Muhammad. I will make a hypocrite out of the attacker.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
For those who still INSIST it is their freedom of artistic expression, to do anything even causing mentall hurt and harm to other, then be prepared to listen to the freedom of retaliation by others to do anything, even causing physical hurt and harm to other.

Either you respect your kind of freedom for yourself as well as for others, or you dont respect freedom at all.

If you wish to start a fire, then be prepared to get burnt. Just don't go whining for sympathy from others who respect true freedom. If you think it is worth to die over a cartoon that ridicules others and not a work of art that uplifts others, then it is your call, just as it is the call for others to pay the price of murder over toilet type humour which is far far beneath the concerns of a peaceful religion.

When will such stupidity ends and true civilisation begins? No one must be left behind, but at times like this, one wonders at the nobility of egalitarianism. But nevertheless, we must all patiently persist, no person must be left behind, and education will be the key.....

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Hell no. If art could kill, then we'd all be dead.

If you feel physical pain from a bloody picture, get the freaking hell out of civilization. You're not welcomed because you're either insane or delusional.

I can draw whatever I want and I do not have to respect the wishes of anyone. If you don't like it; if it causes you pain, you have a head, and muscles, to turn away with. Do it.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
There's really no way to justify this (assuming it's true). I'm sorry Muslims and Muslim sympathizers alike, but you guys do not have the right to not be offended. Islam isn't the only religion that gets made fun of, so stop acting like it.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

I have chosen freedom, not a side. Freedom from choosing a side. Freedom to think for myself and not be influenced by either "side's" perpetuating idiocy of sides. It's your paradigm that everyone must have a label and pick a side, not mine.

I have the freedom to draw whatever I draw and the freedom to choose not to, and that doesn't mean I'm bound or not bound or intimidated or not intimidated by any country or religion or group. I simply don't happen to have some moronic need to wave my "freedom" in someone's face. Is that so hard to believe?

So who's more free?

Must really suck to be stuck in a mentality that says, you're either with us or against us, eh? Good luck to you.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by aspx

Wow Mohammad (his friends call him momo) has some really nice boots....
I remember this photo ! This is when momo and a bunch of us went bar crawling and got sooooo hammered that we all ended up at old man cotter's farm and well...... let's just say a bunch of his cows got tipped

On a side note, MY religion requires ALL muslims to draw pictures of Mohammad in various states of undress at noon every day......and if they don't, I'll be very offended !

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

Oh is that really all we need to stop? How about...

Stop demonizing Muslims
Stop colonizing their countries
Stop doing things like drawing their prophet to insult them
Stop falling for the propaganda about terrorists

I don't, demonize EXTREMIST scum that claim to be better than Muslim but sadly not enough ordinary Muslims either voice their complaint or HIDE behind that they are not allowed to judge fellow Muslims.

Utter cowardice, Also the 'they will be judged when it's their time' is also such a cowardly get out, try telling the 17yr girl who has been stoned to death because her sadistic scum of a husband has decided she looked at someone.

Tell me how that helps that girl...Cowardice.....

As for being in their countries, I wish we and the States would get out, our boys are coming home DEAD because of riches aka the 1trillion worth of mineral riches that apparently is in Afghanistan.

I'm sorry, I'll never be subservient to a cause that would behead me because they find offense based on a drawing. This isn't the 3rd world stuck in the middle ages, we use brains and understanding to resolve things, not call for a beheading, if you wish to bow down to that then as they say, be it on your own head

Propaganda ??

Trying walking past 100's of Burka's women and hooded men screaming for your death, waving placards about killing you, screaming for Sharia Law etcetc...

That's what we have in real life over here in the UK.....

Try having that from scum that we have housed, pay for and get away with abusing us......No propaganda needed here mate...it's the way it is..

Now nip back to your PC safety zone and tell yourself its all OUR fault...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
We're the ones who tangled with them and not vice versa. Bomb more of their homelands and see how many more refugees you get. Reap what you sow. I never said it was all anyone's "fault." Try reading a little more carefully before you jump.

Calling my stance a PC "safety" zone is hilarious though

[edit on 7/21/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

Good post!

Maybe if some posters actually had to deal with Islam....

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

You're assuming that some posters don't? How very interesting.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

You're assuming that some posters don't? How very interesting.
Read your own stuff, you assume quite a lot, like assuming that all of the radical Muslims in England are refugees! HaHa! They make their brags about taking over countries with the quiet jihad, and you refuse to recognize it.

Just stating my OPINION. You think it is a stretch to assume that SOME posters don't have to deal with Islam?

Some posters live in a white bread and mayo world, in case you don't know it.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

HUGE assumptions there, dude. Keep piling them on though. It just gets more interesting, particularly when the OP has not yet even been validated, and some posters are taking some random "news" article at its word and further demonizing both people and a religion without a second thought, letting all their fears and ignorance run rampant.

Since you started this game, let me assume a few things about some posters here too. they don't deal with "Islam" either. The only exposure they've had to them is on FoxNews. They're afraid there might be bombs hiding under those burkas. They don't understand the language and get spoonfed erroneous translations, which they then immediately believe. They never paid attention to Islam or its followers for one second before the events of 9/11, and then embraced the scapegoat as a nice tidy way to rationalize in their minds just what went down that day.

They then continued to rationalize it in their heads that killing over a million people for the acts of a few was justified because they kept buying the demonization. Ultimately, they're afraid. They take the easy way out and deal with Islam as an evil collective whole instead of as billions of people, of whom the smallest minority of a fraction are truly evil.

They don't realize that the war they themselves are supporting and waging might just appear to others as a religious war. They tell others they must pick a "side" because their entire identity relies on being on a side.

They also don't realize that there is a balance on the other side that demonizes non-Muslims in the same way, and that their every hateful and fearful response feeds that too.

And they've done absolutely no introspection about how and why some Muslims might feel threatened or resentful or have even come to hate this, and so keep responding with more hate expecting there to ever be a good outcome to all of this.

It might just all boil down to one of a few things. Ignorance or cowardice. Or maybe both. They might just be being manipulated. On both "sides." They appear to be letting emotion win over logic. They hide behind their freedoms to perpetuate hatred.

Whoever ran with the idea to demonize the radical elements of Islam was brilliant. Problem is, it's working too well for both "sides" now. And another problem might be the sheer numbers. That has got to terrify a lot of people.

How'd I do with my assumptions? And that's MY opinion. Sorry if it makes anyone uncomfortable or is too "PC" for you.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

No, here is a huge assumption.

Maybe you are a radical Islamo-terrorist.

If any of those assumptions were about me, I will let you swim in ignorance.

I never made any statements regarding PCness. It isn't hard to spot when a person lives in a closet though.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Let me enlighten you regarding myself.

I will tolerate any religion that is tolerant of other religions.

What I am speaking of is the religion as is practiced, not what their good book says. The Koran is slightly contradictory to put it mildly, but the religion that many Muslims practice is not purely from the Koran. It is what their living holy men tell them to do and how to interpret the Koran.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I said posters...plural.

I don't live in a closet. If that was about me. And believe it or not (makes no difference to me), I've actually been to several countries in the ME, in several capacities, in 1989, 1995, and 2008. Ive actually talked to hundreds if not thousands of Muslims, and never had a single issue but one in Saudi Arabia. I've never shot a Muslim. And I've never feared one. I work with over 80 Muslims currently, some in the U.S. and some not. I've been to mosque and so has my son. I've been to their parties and they've been to mine. Some were even wearing burkas! And I actually take the time talk to people about the very things we're attempting to talk about here. There's rarely an issue on the individual level, though, is there? But somehow it seems far more convenient and far easier for many people to compartmentalize a perceived scary enemy as a whole and then act like an idiot accordingly.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Do you perceive that they perceive your "religion" tolerates theirs? Did you even watch any of the videos I posted a few pages back? You think they don't have YouTube or something? Or is considering how the other person might feel not a part of your tolerance?

Oh, and I forgot. Did you say that maybe I was an Islamo-facist?
Oops...where'd I put my burka...damn it's around here somewhere.

I take it that you might disagree with this analysis then? Assuming of course that you are Christian. I'm sure it might have been written by people who might be Islamo-facists too. Link

And I'm still not going to disrespect any religion by drawing funny pictures of Muhammad or Jesus or Buddha or the like. But hey, that's just me.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by epitaph.one

Sadly the problem is not religion though I know it makes a good scape goat. The problem is the state of mankind's heart. The fact that terrorism is spread about where ever no matter the religion tells a tale.

Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places].

You see the battle is for the minds of men and from there the battle ensues in the physical.

Hitler didn't have a religion per say but that didn't stop him he still found his excuses to do what he wanted to do.

I have heard some stories not many but a few where some one claiming to be Christian goes and does something horrendous claiming that God told them to do it or something a few times in my life and I remember saying to myself if they had only knew their word they would know this verse says this and they wouldn't have done that. They totally contradict them selves in making their excuse to do what they wanted.

What I am saying is the humanity does need salvation from them selves and a relationship with the Holy Spirit (Spirit of God) and not religion. Then they will know God.

Jeremiah 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

(the coming of Jesus)

Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join