It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look at yourself after watching this

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Ya know what 08?
That guy makes you look handicapped.

Badgerprints

People are sometimes afraid of those who overcome extreme adversity like this. They have to look at the fact that a man with no arms or legs can be successful and influential and they hate it because they wouldn't be able to be as good a person in the same situation.

To bad they don't realise how wrong they might be huh Badger.

I've never seen this before either so SnF.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
hahaha you rememind me of a kid i knew in high school. he was weird. but he was pretty funny. thank you for the flashback :-)

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Many thanks for posting this , never saw /heard this about this guy before.

Surely an inspiration as to how positive thinking can help everyone, no matter how low you feel, there is allways others who is worse off..

"Attitude is Altitude"

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Considering what this man does for the minds and hearts of the kids he speaks to he deserves some kind of compensation. You can tell by the faces on these kids that he is helping to free them from self-doubt and hate. Very few people can move people this way.

He took the hand that life dealt him and turned it into a royal flush.

He has real inner beauty, I admit I;m a bit jealous that my attitude isn't as good as his towards life.

Thank you for posting this!!!

Beauty comes in so many forms, sometimes we forget how beautiful the human heart can be.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyeHeartBigfoot
That's Right Kids, Just Plunk Down Your Parents Hard Earned Cash Down For My Latest Brainwashing Video And Soon You Too Will Be A Modern Corporate Slave/Whore.

The Only Ones Who Have Truly Expanded Their Horizon Via A Motivational Speaker Are Those Whose Soul Is Just As Black As The Speaker's And See A Get Rich Quick Scheme They Can Also Exploit.

Sorry. I would have have no problem with this if the audience was a bunch of clones in white shirts with neck ties but using the emotions of children to make a buck by selling DVDs shows that your not only lacking limbs but also a conscience.

I demand an explanation. How is this gentleman, who is sending out a message of love, hope, and positivity, have a "black soul", while you send out a message of hate and of spite? What does that make your soul? Does it speak well for your conscience? Please, Im waiting to hear this one. Explain away.

Ive never done this before, but Ive made you my foe and will be ignoring all posts from you after your "answer".

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Wonderful. I second that! This p.o.s. shall be my first foe also.

And yes, what does this say about your heart and soul speaking of someone so beautiful this way. That is sick if that is what you really get out of seeing that.

Shame on you.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I only wished I had the proper connections to have this young man go to visit the kids in some of our junenile "basic training camps".

If even a few could benefit from his presents and presentation, it would be worth maore than the cost.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I demand an explanation. How is this gentleman, who is sending out a message of love, hope, and positivity, have a "black soul", while you send out a message of hate and of spite? What does that make your soul? Does it speak well for your conscience? Please, Im waiting to hear this one. Explain away.

Ive never done this before, but Ive made you my foe and will be ignoring all posts from you after your "answer".

There is nothing I can write to someone such as yourself. You already have your mind made up.

However, to those who may be on the breaking point and wondering why some may criticize someone dis-fortunate enough to have no limbs, please continue.

Take this logically:
1. You were presented a promotional video in the OP for the sole purpose of selling the viewer a DVD. Is this statement right or wrong?

2. The video is 4:10 in time and it hits on almost every emotion a person can have. What we do not see is that it is showing an edited cut of a statement being presented and then a cut away to show how emotional that statement made his audience. I saw a video of a multi-millionaire super celebrity with no deformities and a life many would kill to live do the exact same thing just last Saturday. Glen Beck talking to his cult following.

3. I also didn't see in the video or in previous post was documentation claiming that their depressed or troubled child is now much better because they have limbs. The human brains need for stimuli does not work that way.

4. In the video we see him standing next to a fishing rod and going straight in a boat but what you do not see is him working that fishing pole or steering the boat. We have to ask ourselves what is this imagery's purpose. It is to sell the viewer a product, PERIOD.

5. I suggest you buy this person's DVD and report back to us in a few months with how much you and your children have benefited.

6. The person in the OP video depends on people stating "oh, don't criticize him he has no limbs" while those that are informed will see the exact same formula used by many a charlatan for the sole purpose of grifting. He could give a crap about you and your kids. Money is the name of the game pure and simple.

7. So, Please ignore me as I no longer have time to placate your lack of knowledge. I was not attempting to put this person down as much as I was trying to save my fellow ATS Members from wasting time and money on scams such as the one shown in OP.

Postulate, Divulge & Persevere!!!
t

[edit on 7/20/2010 by EyeHeartBigfoot]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
As far as I know, I didnt pay to watch that video, it is freely available on youtube. Im pretty sure no one else here paid to watch it either.

You still didnt answer my question: If his soul is black, and he is sending a message of positivity, what does your negativity make your soul?

edit your post 4 or 5 more times, maybe you can edit yourself into thinking you are right.

also to take your points 1 by 1.

1) He is selling something....so that makes him evil? What do you do for money, does it involve goods and/or services?

2) Hits on every emotion? I didnt get angry until I read your post. I never felt melancholy, nor did I feel elated. I didnt feel nauseous, again, until i read your post.

3) I dont even understand your point. I saw lots of kids touched and giving him hugs.

4) Or perhaps it is showing that he rises above and tries to do things people tell him are "impossible". Like you.

5) I feel no need to buy the DVD. I am not brainwashed, nor do I feel sorry for the man.

6) Proof please. Oh whats that, its just your opinion? Thats called hearsay.

7) This is a blatant lie, you obviously insult him in the first post.

Grow up. Your pathetic attempt at rationalization and being an apologist for your own post is even worse than your initial "offering".

[edit on 20-7-2010 by aching_knuckles]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I Rest My Case.

Edits Were To Separate Your Rantings From My Reply, and for that I Apologize.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Excellent tactic..."I rest my case"

Translation: I just got my ass whooped, Im running away now.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyeHeartBigfoot
6. The person in the OP video depends on people stating "oh, don't criticize him he has no limbs" while those that are informed will see the exact same formula used by many a charlatan for the sole purpose of grifting. He could give a crap about you and your kids. Money is the name of the game pure and simple.

7. So, Please ignore me as I no longer have time to placate your lack of knowledge. I was not attempting to put this person down as much as I was trying to save my fellow ATS Members from wasting time and money on scams such as the one shown in OP.

Now that you're done editing...

"He could give a crap about you and your kids."

I met the man in person, and what the video doesn't show is the honest to goodness tears often times streaming down His face when approached by others with Their story and how he's since impacted or negated their concerns ... students, adults and teachers alike.

"Money is the name of the game pure and simple. "

Having watched the video again I don't see any "Buy My DVD" ... just a mere website mention at the end. (?)

Perhaps someone's just a bit jaded by having been relieved of some monies in the past due to poor judgement. (?)

" I was not attempting to put this person down "

Prior post(s) would not only suggest otherwise, but will most certainly be perceived by the majority of viewers as having demonstrated just the opposite.

"as much as I was trying to save my fellow ATS Members from wasting time and money on scams such as the one shown in OP"

I'll just leave that ill-feigned sanctimonious sentiment for others to discern on their own.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Given the guy's overall circumstances, what "purpose" in life could he Possibly serve other than an inspiration to others? Honestly.

Speaking with him, he apparently went from completely suicidal, and obviously near void the means to accomplish such, to realizing what his continued existence and/or "purpose in life" Could Be.

An inspiration to others.

It's sad that there are obviously those in this world who either fail to get That .... or choose to ignore the same.

[edit: sad]

[edit on 20-7-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
Excellent tactic..."I rest my case"

Translation: I just got my ass whooped, Im running away now.

Not in the slightest.

Just wanted to see if you were a person of your word and "IGNORE"D me.

Ouch!

I am truly beside myself that I have made someone this pissed with the truth that I am beginning to think there must be ulterior motives at hand.

Seriously, if there are no ulterior motives and you have this much passion towards a person you have never met what could you accomplish with someone you care about? Don't get me wrong, I am not claiming you have not already done this just that you should take this energy elsewhere.

It is obvious that we agree to disagree and are at a deadlock. However, I am having fun while it seems you need to go check your BP.

Regards
t

PS please-Please-PLEASE Release Those darn hounds, right now!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
So then, you are just a troll?

I guess if the truth is qualified by the number of believers, let us compare stars for our posts. How many people agreed with you again?

Your negative attitude is what "raises my BP". THis world is such a #ty place because of people like you.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Wow. What a guy.

Thanks for this OP.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This is a bit of playing on emotions on his part. Just tapping into common self concerns youth have.

And what we dont see here is this guys support network. Granted he doesnt just veg his life away but he does have help. Lets look at those around us that help and then look at ourself.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
You know I posted this vid to inspire us, not make us attack one another. The vid was to show you that even though this man has no arms or legs that he's still able to be happy and over come his loss of limbs. Many of us still have all our limbs but are still dragged down by the world we live in today. I don't know about anyone else but I've lost my job, lost my house, lost my car and sold just about everything I own just to survive.

There has been times I wish I could just lay down and die just so I don't have to continue to go though this living nightmare and I know there are many more men and women who feel just like me and have lost just about all they have. After listening to this man talk it inspired me, it made me look at myself and the world around me in a completely different light.

It made me realize that things simple could be worse and to be thankful for that which I have. I have a roof over my head, family and friends that love me, a new baby on the way. I didn't post this to help sell some DVD, nor do I care if the guy in the vid is trying to sell a DVD. At least he's paying his way, I have to depend on the tax payers just to eat.

If he's selling a DVD that makes people feel better who really cares, better then all those stay at home and make money scam videos. I say more power to the guy and hope he sells millions of DVD's.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dthwraith

this guy has a great attitude towards life and is helping people no doubt. but i live my life to the fullest. i am thankfull. I help others. and i go out of my way to help others. so i see him and look at myself and think.. " if it takes a shock like this to make people reflect and be a good person then the world is screwd" but its true. people dont see the positive in theirselves untill they see someone like him. good post. great video. very inspiring.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
hasn't this been posted here before, because i am sure i have seen it?

anyways it is an inspiring video

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
So then, you are just a troll?

I guess if the truth is qualified by the number of believers, let us compare stars for our posts. How many people agreed with you again?

Your negative attitude is what "raises my BP". THis world is such a #ty place because of people like you.

Pray tell, how am I a troll?

My issue is with the OP Video and seminars forced on children.

Your attacking me without any understanding of how these carnival barkers work.

Your the one who said that you will ignore me after I explain.

Look, Over There! The Pot Is Calling The Kettle Black.

However, I made a bad choice of words when I stated to be having "fun" to describing my amazement that I have made someone so upset.

This is not about you!

My reasoning has been stated clearly.

Out...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join