It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look at yourself after watching this

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dthwraith
You know I posted this vid to inspire us, not make us attack one another. The vid was to show you that even though this man has no arms or legs that he's still able to be happy and over come his loss of limbs. Many of us still have all our limbs but are still dragged down by the world we live in today. I don't know about anyone else but I've lost my job, lost my house, lost my car and sold just about everything I own just to survive.

There has been times I wish I could just lay down and die just so I don't have to continue to go though this living nightmare and I know there are many more men and women who feel just like me and have lost just about all they have. After listening to this man talk it inspired me, it made me look at myself and the world around me in a completely different light.

It made me realize that things simple could be worse and to be thankful for that which I have. I have a roof over my head, family and friends that love me, a new baby on the way. I didn't post this to help sell some DVD, nor do I care if the guy in the vid is trying to sell a DVD. At least he's paying his way, I have to depend on the tax payers just to eat.

If he's selling a DVD that makes people feel better who really cares, better then all those stay at home and make money scam videos. I say more power to the guy and hope he sells millions of DVD's.

This is what I am talking about.

This is taken directly out of Brainwashing 101. How To Deceive The Masses.

This Thread Is An Infomercial For The Sole Purpose Of Selling DVDs.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I have nearly the same condition as this guy, and for years people have been sending me his videos.

Here's me for comparison: [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c755da2cd26a.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm gonna be honest here, I cannot stand what Nick does! He exploits his disability to proselytize his audiences.
His shows literally remind me of seal shows. I was at a seal show once, the seal tossed a ball from it's tank into the audience, and people could go up and hug it. I've seen Nick kick a ball from the stage into the audience and then let people come up and hug him. Then he talks about how his life with this disability would be pointless without god...Screw him! I don't have his god in my life and I feel my life is far from pointless.
Don't fall for this touchy feely crap, he's no better than a snake-oil salesman.

Before I end this I'll share a comment someone sent me after reading what I've written about Nick elsewhere:

My family and I recently walked out in the middle of Nicks preaching event. Sorry to be rude but we already have our faith and dont need to be prosetylized. We had purchased tickets for one of Nick’s presentation at the urging of a Detroit Talk Radio Show…Frank Beckman. It was billed as a fundraiser for a abortion alternative program…however we had no indication of what was really in the plans for the evneing. Nick started out very funny and inspitrational and then turned it into a prosetylizing event. Peer pressure got to some of the people in which they were coerced into doing an alter call “accepting Jesus as their PERSONAL Savior.” I have seen similar events at baptist and other fundamentalist funerals…taking advantage of people when they are vulnerable and suck them into your belief system. Nick would bring alot more people to the Lord, if first he got an education in Scripture from somewhere other than a Fundamentalist Bible College.

I'm not going to source this because it links somewhere with NSFWish content.

That's my rant.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dthwraith

I had the privilege of seeing Nick in person and hearing him speak at my church when I lived in Las Vegas. He is truly an inspiration to so many people.

For those with the "robotic arms" comments...why get robotics when you live well with what you have? This guy has adapted and the last thing he is looking for is sympathy. He seeks only to encourage others to DO and to let them know they CAN. Something many here at ATS, myself included, need to hear every once in a while.

Dthwraith! Nice avatar.
I'm so glad to see someone using it!!! Enjoy.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

You know I posted this vid to inspire us, not make us attack one another. The vid was to show you that even though this man has no arms or legs that he's still able to be happy and over come his loss of limbs. Many of us still have all our limbs but are still dragged down by the world we live in today. I don't know about anyone else but I've lost my job, lost my house, lost my car and sold just about everything I own just to survive.

Consider that this guy has been on some sort of gov assistance for most of his life may slap some color into your face. He certainly cant relate to someone that lost it all for lack of a job.

So here we are healthy enough so that we rate no help yet not talented enough to be say a big money pro ball player. Welcome to Hooterville USA.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoArmsJames
I have nearly the same condition as this guy, and for years people have been sending me his videos.

Here's me for comparison: [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c755da2cd26a.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm gonna be honest here, I cannot stand what Nick does! He exploits his disability to proselytize his audiences.
His shows literally remind me of seal shows. I was at a seal show once, the seal tossed a ball from it's tank into the audience, and people could go up and hug it. I've seen Nick kick a ball from the stage into the audience and then let people come up and hug him. Then he talks about how his life with this disability would be pointless without god...Screw him! I don't have his god in my life and I feel my life is far from pointless.
Don't fall for this touchy feely crap, he's no better than a snake-oil salesman.

Before I end this I'll share a comment someone sent me after reading what I've written about Nick elsewhere:

My family and I recently walked out in the middle of Nicks preaching event. Sorry to be rude but we already have our faith and dont need to be prosetylized. We had purchased tickets for one of Nick’s presentation at the urging of a Detroit Talk Radio Show…Frank Beckman. It was billed as a fundraiser for a abortion alternative program…however we had no indication of what was really in the plans for the evneing. Nick started out very funny and inspitrational and then turned it into a prosetylizing event. Peer pressure got to some of the people in which they were coerced into doing an alter call “accepting Jesus as their PERSONAL Savior.” I have seen similar events at baptist and other fundamentalist funerals…taking advantage of people when they are vulnerable and suck them into your belief system. Nick would bring alot more people to the Lord, if first he got an education in Scripture from somewhere other than a Fundamentalist Bible College.

I'm not going to source this because it links somewhere with NSFWish content.

That's my rant.

Your The True HERO In This Thread James.

Respect & Admiration!!!

The Truth Is The Truth And Greed Is Greed.

Do you want to explain the marketing strategy of revealing his "chicken leg" and then continuously showing it there after or shall I? Actually it doesn't matter does it? Those who seek truth will find it themselves.

Thank You & God Bless,
t

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

His intentions are far more insidious than money; he's marketing a life of mental servitude and fear of eternal punishment.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

After reading NoArmsJames's post why did you say God bless?

Anyway, we all have to make money. This is what this guy does.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Rthaothal]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

And yet I see Eugenics people here advocating de population and responsible breeding and Abortionists woeing for a bad life of their children and democrats yelling at rich people and republicans yelling at stealing from the rich people and the debt filled yelling at people for taking their money and so much more. Frack it all. You're alive. Live your life. Accept what comes. Give life to those who come about from your choices, use your money more responsibly for your own benefit, and accept what you have to share with others.

What a pathetic culture of I we have become. Glad I never bought into that BS.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

And yet I see Eugenics people here advocating de population and responsible breeding and Abortionists woeing for a bad life of their children and democrats yelling at rich people and republicans yelling at stealing from the rich people and the debt filled yelling at people for taking their money and so much more. Frack it all. You're alive. Live your life. Accept what comes. Give life to those who come about from your choices, use your money more responsibly for your own benefit, and accept what you have to share with others.

What a pathetic culture of I we have become. Glad I never bought into that BS.

If I could give more stars I'd give you a dozen!
2nd line.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Well yea cause its that the culture sucks. That is why we are where we are.

reply to post by NoArmsJames

If you are that weak of mind that you believe what anyone says then maybe its better that then someone less well. Maybe its better than someone who would just want your vote or your money. If all he wants is faith, then there's nothing wrong with that.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rthaothal

After reading NoArmsJames's post why did you say God bless?

Anyway, we all have to make money. This is what this guy does.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Rthaothal]

Read The Post

Read The Post

Read The Post

Read The Post

More importantly, it is not an attack on religion. Just Charlatans.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Oh no, he wants you to buy his DVDs as well. He does his speel, proselytizes you than tells you to buy his DVDs for the full story. There is nothing "less bad" about what he does.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoArmsJames

His intentions are far more insidious than money; he's marketing a life of mental servitude and fear of eternal punishment.

I totally agree but prefer to keep my religious thoughts and believes out when it can be proven that his greed is just as diabolical.

Truly Is The Millennium of the Blind!

Is it OK to edit a typo or does that just add fuel to your mobs fire?

[edit on 7/20/2010 by EyeHeartBigfoot]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NoArmsJames

That's still not as bad as asking for donations for BS causes that you steal from or such things. He says he wants a living. he sells DVDs. You do not have to buy them. Just like I don't have to buy the Enumerable Middle Eastern relics that the refugees from Israel and Jordan sell at my church every year. I do because it looks cool, not because its for my faith. Same thing with this guy.

The point is that you do not have to buy them. You CAN just listen to the guy, which is what I do and many people do. DO you honestly expect everyone to buy his DVDs? There's a good reason products are not nearly half as many as the crowd number there.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Considering what this man does for the minds and hearts of the kids he speaks to he deserves some kind of compensation. You can tell by the faces on these kids that he is helping to free them from self-doubt and hate. Very few people can move people this way.

He took the hand that life dealt him and turned it into a royal flush.

He has real inner beauty, I admit I;m a bit jealous that my attitude isn't as good as his towards life.

Thank you for posting this!!!

Beauty comes in so many forms, sometimes we forget how beautiful the human heart can be.

Took the words right out of my mouth! A star for you and the OP.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this video. I, too have not had the pleasure of this bright soul's story.
It breaks my heart, my brothers, to see how disrespectful some can be.
Realize that everything you say, everything you do, all that you are is creating the world we all share.
Nick is a mirror for all of us.
What do you see reflected?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

After watching this it really puts things in perspective concerning ones life. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did. Wish I could embed it but can't figure out how.

Take a look at yourself

Great video, but for the record it is not me I am worried about. It is not my attitude that is poisoning our foods, air and water. Having a positive attitude like this man is the only way to go. There is much to look forward to, even though America is lost and will never come back now. Prepare yourself for the great alignment of 2112 in the year 2012.

video.google.com...#

part 1 of 5

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
This guy pops up on ats just about once a week on average.

Just thinking, can't he get robotic arms now? or is he not able to, or unwillingly to as it would hinder his sympathy factor?

Once a week? Are you kidding me? exaggerate(sp?) much????

Also instead of "just thinkin" why don't you do some research before you spout this tripe about him not getting "robot arms" arms because he wants sympathy.

Robotic arms. Do you know how long his residual limbs are on his arms? are they even long enough to be fitted with prostetics? They don't appear to be in the video, looks like he has nothing there (surely not enough to be fitted with the latest in prostetic technology,imo). It looks like they were lost right at the shoulder, which if is the case, prostetic arms are out of the question.

Also "robot arms", or in my case as an above the knee amputee a "robot leg"(the "C-Leg" in particular) which I have enough of a residual limb for, are VERY, VERY expensive. Medicaid/Medicare do not cover the highest tech prostetics. So either you have a huge stash of money laying around (which most amputees do not) your up the creek as far as getting the most advanced prostetics.

He's got nothing for legs so forget leg prostetics. So he'd screwed there as well.

Even if he did get the most advanced robotic arm prostesis on the market, it's not gonna give him any feeling of touch. Also since it looks like he's lived his entire life (maybe 35+ years this way, I think he will no adjust to it ,and they would end up collecting dust in the closet anyway.

I know many people who can be fitted for prostetics, but are so used to not haveing them (as in this mans case, he was born this way) They will probably only slow him down. Some people just would rather hop around on one leg than were a prostetic leg as well. I've seen it. Because a) they're VERY uncomfortable and require constant maintenance which can be VERY expensive.

Yea, the guy smiling in that video, not shedding a single tear, who looks like he is enjopying life more than half the people I know is not getting "Robot arms", because he wants sympathy.

You'll have no clue about any of what this man is going through unless you go through it. Bagging on him just shows how insecure you might be with yourself. Do you need some attention, or some sympathy? Cause this guy sure as HELL Don't.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Nola213]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Great, inspriational, heartmoving and very reflective. I love how this makes people look at their own situations and attitude to life, that in itself is more valuable than monetary things.

If I knew how to S&F this would surely get them from me.

Those who dish this guy are really just showing their own inadequacies.

I do however disagree with this being used to sell religion or reinforcing faith in Jesus, how has jesus helped this guy...the man has gotten where he is through his own volition. And if jesus is so powerful and miraculous, Why doesn't he heal amputees???

www.whywontgodhealamputees.com...

PS: I actually do beleive in god but religion is dangerous and when being pedelled using fear is just disgaceful.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

MODS I have no idea as to where to put this video, if this is the wrong spot please move it.

I couldn't think of a better place to share this video other then right here on ATS. After watching this it really puts things in perspective concerning ones life. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did. Wish I could embed it but can't figure out how.

Take a look at yourself

Thanks for the link, this guy has really inspired me in the past when I was going through a low patch in my life.

I love his positive outlook on life, it's infectious, wish there were more people in the world like him - would cause a heart felt revolution.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join