It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look at yourself after watching this

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rthaothal
reply to post by NoArmsJames

... This guy can't get any other job. It's either collect a menial disability or talk for a living and make more money...
[edit on 20-7-2010 by Rthaothal]

I'm not picking on you specifically, I just pulled your quote out of the whole lot.

Now to my point. So, the guy has no limbs but he's up on the stage with a motivational speech? And what is that speech? To overcome adversity?

Well, to be honest, he has not completely overcome adversity. He's a motivational speaker. He's not doing any kind of work that has shown him to overcome his lack of limbs. Yeah, they show him out there doing things like playing soccer and stuff, but heck, I do that with my kids on a bad hip. But I'm not a pro. And if I wanted to be a motivational speaker, then it would not go over as well because I have all my limbs.

Yes, it's cool to see this guy did not give up on life altogether, but let's keep things in perspective.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Please tell me how someone with no arms and no legs can dive into a swimming pool, not drown and swim out. I understand trying to get your message across but when you exaggerate the things you can do just to get your point across is something I don't agree with. Like fishing, how could he reel it in.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by noodledorfer]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by noodledorfer

He claims that his lack of limbs is something of a benefit in the water because it means he has more flotation and can use his foot as a "propeller".

Source

The site has abit more information on the other things he does as well.

Edit to add: I was wondering that as well.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by dthwraith]

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join