It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look at yourself after watching this

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoArmsJames
I have nearly the same condition as this guy, and for years people have been sending me his videos.

I'm gonna be honest here, I cannot stand what Nick does! He exploits his disability to proselytize his audiences.

I can't argue with that, I like his early videos and does come across really well but I didn't realize it had gone all preachy lately so that's bit of a shock.

I have no problem with people trying to motivate and inspire others (end of the day that's what we are here for, to inspire each other to fulfil our potential..) but I don't like people enforcing their religious/spiritual views on others - religion is supposed to be a personal thing between you and god, you don't need some intermediary doing the connection for you!

Good health to you my friend!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NoArmsJames

Uh..

This guy can't get any other job. It's either collect a menial disability or talk for a living and make more money.

Nobody is innocent, it's about time you realize that.

Would you prefer to sit around on disability?

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Rthaothal]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Well,
I have four children, one the oldest is "normal" the other three have Fragile X syndrome. I can tell you I have gone/go through emotional moments that most "normal" people will never comprehend. I never put anything about it on a DVD and as of this moment I don't intend to, but who knows, I could well be wrong in doing that. The good thing about the video is the compassion from the schoolkids, that's not misplaced or vunerability it's genuine and not the feeling sorry thing, the schoolground is generally a hardheaded place. If James think that this is another Elmer Gantry, that is his priviledge, but it is only an opinion and could never treated as a fact. As far as making money, that's what you have to do in our society, sell your abilty, or here your disabilty, and that is always a test of your values.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by smurfy]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
puts life in perspective, some times i get ingratiated about insignificant things, and this guy is positive about something truly horrible.

we all need to learn a lesson of appreciation from this gentleman.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Rthaothal

So his...No our only choices in life are to be motivational speakers or be no goods who sit around and collect disability? That's rather insulting.
There are plenty of things we could do that don't involve exploiting our disabilities.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Yeah, this is a great video.

Now that you have seen it, take the lesson you learned out into the world. Sure, you can use the lessons for introspection. It will only make you a better person to humble yourself a little.

But an even bigger action would be to take what you see here an apply it to other people. This man has some severe challenges. Yet he struggles to overcome. How many people do you know like this yourself? Even little things, like my wife being only 4'11" having to move around my kitchen layed out for me at 6'2". She uses tongs to get by, but the point is that she has a small struggle that I have to work to keep in mind.

I knew an RN once that was the kindest lady. Good looking, too. Everyone loved her because of her beauty and her compassion. She said something to me once that stuck with me ever since (this was 20 years ago): "Be kinder than necessary. Everyone has their own struggles"

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dthwraith

If I post this one month later I bet it will get to the front page again.

This has already been posted, but the emotions which it triggers will continually bring it to the front page, and give it huge amount of stars and flags.

Amazing video.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by dthwraith

If I post this one month later I bet it will get to the front page again.

This has already been posted, but the emotions which it triggers will continually bring it to the front page, and give it huge amount of stars and flags.

Amazing video.

It may be an experiment worth trying.
I like to study group think, cognition, and behavior.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Truly spectacular S+F

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

It may be an experiment worth trying. I like to study group think, cognition, and behavior.

Then I will add you to my friends list, and you can U2U me when you make this thread again.

I would like to see the results also.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Simply beautiful ! I am sharring this one. Thanks for lifting my spirits, life has been hard lately and this does put things into perspective. Melissa101

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
there are alot of people in this world who would be happy to sell their own arms and legs to the person in that video, in exchange for his wealth and estate.

lets not pretend that life would be miserable being disabled and RICH,

now disabled and poor, thats were positivity ought to inspire us from.

if he realy wants us to understand the chalenges he faces, then he should show us how much he earns in a year.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Wow! i cannot believe all of the people bagging this guy out! saying that he is evil or whatever because he makes dvd's on his ispirational talks and sells them! How in the hell do you think he would afford to make and distribute these DVD's without asking for some money for them?! and you think he is some sort of profit hungry monster praying on the emotions of kids! whoever thinks this must be just completly jealous or something! what the hell could he even do with the profits he makes? buy an expensive car? NO. Buy an expensive boat? NO. buy a really good computer? NO. you tell me some things he would use the money he profits for? You are all blinded by your evilness!

He spoke to my school when i attended a few years ago. I believe he is as genuine as they come.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by time91

Originally posted by Republican08

Just thinking, can't he get robotic arms now? or is he not able to, or unwillingly to as it would hinder his sympathy factor?

...Come on now. Dude has no arms, and you're criticizing him for not getting robotic arms. Take the title's advice man, look at yourself after watching it.

(Disclaimer: I'm not perfect either, just sayin...)

That was hardly criticism! Just ATS-nurtured cynicism.

As previous posters have said, this is posted on a semi regular basis but I'll still star and flag as it's probably more relevent than half of the cack on these boards lately.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoArmsJames
reply to post by Rthaothal

So his...No our only choices in life are to be motivational speakers or be no goods who sit around and collect disability? That's rather insulting.
There are plenty of things we could do that don't involve exploiting our disabilities.

It's hardly "exploiting" his "disability" IMO. Are footballers exploiting their legs and feet? Are fantasy novelists "exploiting" their brain?

I don't care if it's not politically correct to say it but with no arms and legs, it's not like he can walk into a large portion of "normal" jobs out there.

Whatever he chooses to do to survive, the one constant is that he will be making money. Why does that suddenly become some form of exploitation the second his disability becomes a factor?

Equal... but not so equal?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Wow I'm so glad so many of you have enjoyed this post. Others have pointed out that this has been posted before I've never heard of him till the day I posted this, heck I didn't even know his name before I saw the video. So many things are posted here at ATS that its all most impossible to post something new unless its breaking news. Either way seems for the most part people have enjoyed it and I'm glad I was able to share it here with you all.

Edit for typo.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by dthwraith]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
WOW !
I wasn't expecting that and what I mean by that is I cried like a baby. I didn't cry because I felt bad for him or that I was so grateful I had what I had and was not in his situation. I cried because of his heart and spirit...the divine love overflows in this guy in the powers of 10 exponentially forever.

Now I know what it feels like to be in the presence of an Angel of G-d, perfect unconditional love that rocked me to my core.

To the ones that are saying other things..We are all fallible but at that very moment during the video is what counted.

As I believe, "It is the father in me that doeth the works" Has nothing to do with my power, attitude, love, obedience, what I do, if I go to church , if I believe in jesus but it is a free unconditional gift.
Thank you

[edit on 21-7-2010 by superluminal11]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This made the front page again? This was already posted before and was also on the front page....

How strange.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Thank You- it REALLY makes most of us feel blessed, that we have as much as we do.
Plus- that man, has ... fortitude!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Man, that dude is short - I could totally kick his butt.

Seriously - great video!

(Can I help it if my first reaction was the smartass one?)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join