It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Sunspot and this could be a big one.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

SOHO is still down

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c7f279688489.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5a5aaab9afb5.jpg[/atsimg]

And

Sunspot 1089 is large but quiet, producing little solar flare activity.

I found this cool website (The Australian Space Weather Agency)

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
SOHO's back up. :-)

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I hope people realise that there is an 11 year solar cycle and that exactly the same things have happened regularly before we even populated this planet? The Sun is not even particularly active really yet. The only thing different this time round than last and the times previous is that the Internet is now common place and everyone has easy access to data that was only available to a few previously? You realise that there literally is nothing unusual (yet anyway), that what you are seeing is practically boring because it's so normal and that there really, really is nothing to fear (yet anyway)? It's not a cover up, a little searching will yield some fascinating photos of the sun in far more active states and these are only from the quieter recent years when we have had the technology to do so.
I just want to make sure there is no misunderstanding on this, sure at some point I'm certain there will be a spectacular event which will be felt more than in the past due to our communication and power networks but sitting on the edge of your seat everyday waiting for it isn't healthy.
I've known people who keep complaining they are dying and sure enough they die. It's just a shame that they wasted 20 years of their life whining about it and nursing themselves when they could have got on with life.
You'll know when to worry because you won't be able to hear the news telling you not to, due to the interference and lack of communications with the satellite network being knocked out. Communications will be affected first, and that doesn't mean you panic because there is a fault on the cellular network or you can't get a signal today due to maintenance. It doesn't mean you panic either because you can't pick up some shortwave radio station you can normally, because HF propagation changes all the time.
Probably a reasonable indication would be the inability to pick up any satellite TV stations... But that's only if we get a particularly bad storm and it's not going to burn or fry anyone... The same way it didn't the many, many times it has happened in the past.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Think that time is sonn approaching when the satalites along with power will be knocked out. What will you all be doing when the power cuts out.......right about.....NOW. Nothing. No power no satalite signals , nohing. How will you possibly know whats happened?
I think that time could be pretty close. Im not talking right now end of the world im simply talking of the time thats to come we could all witness what ive just said. Its a "fact that its a possibility".

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
more paranoia and fear mongering. omg sun spots! quick run and hide! guess what? can't do a damn thing about it, people. so quit worrying, go outside and enjoy the beautiful weather.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
OMG we're all going to die! Oh wait, these pictures are about 10 years old...

It really, really is quite literally nothing to worry about. Exactly the same way there wasn't anything to worry about last time

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentSmith

That's so beautiful it seems like a good way to go to me.
Thanks for posting those.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonypazzo
more paranoia and fear mongering. omg sun spots! quick run and hide! guess what? can't do a damn thing about it, people. so quit worrying, go outside and enjoy the beautiful weather.

Too many mosquitoes
When the satellite is down on sunny days, I assume it's just sun spots. Safe for us, not so much for the satellite service.

I'm sure someone reliable will let us know when we are supposed to panic

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

You serious? Have you seen whats happened to venus? The suns behaviour? serously? Something is happening and its happening now.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I for one am not looking forward to the day the power goes out.

That's when your house becomes your enemy if it isn't set up right. Last time the power was out for only 13 hours, about a month ago, no water (its on pressure tank and pump), therefore no toilet, sump pumps in basement stopped pumping water out, there has been so much rain here, our water table is higher than the basement. Nasty. No fridge, freezer....... I have a lot of stuff to have to fix up better.

At least if it goes out in the winter, there is food storage, wood heat, cook with wood, and no water in the basement. Cold outside toilet..

Until people can make contingency plans, let's hope these solar flares stay relatively small....

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
from space weather.
METEOR SHOWER: The University of Western Ontario meteor radar is picking up strong returns from the Southern Delta Aquarid meteor shower, which peaks on July 28th and 29th. Sky watchers (particularly in the southern hemisphere) should be alert for meteors between about 10 pm and dawn. "Visual rates could be as high as 20 per hour," notes Bill Cooke of NASA's Meteoroid Environment Office, "although glare from the nearly full Moon will make the fainter meteors difficult to see."

SOLAR ACTIVITY: Readers with solar telescopes, train your optics on the sun's northeastern limb. A big sunspot with an active magnetic canopy is emerging there. And that's not all...

Today around 1200 UT, magnetic fields looping over the sun's southeastern limb became unstable and erupted. The blast produced a towering prominence dozens of times taller than Earth itself:

So whats going on?
theres also this
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and this thread regarding spacequakes
www.abovetopsecret.com...
its all happening planet alignment? where are we with that? also possible of any eclipses in the near future?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

The Delta Aquarids arrive every summer.
meteorshowersonline.com...

Yes, the Sun is becoming more active. It does that about every 11 years or so.

Yes, Venus always causes a flare in the STEREO imager every time it leaves and enters the field of view. You can see Venus just before sunset, it's fine.

Yes "spacequakes" are an interesting phenomenon. They aren't new but now we know what causes them.

Planet alignment? What planet alignment?

No eclipses in the near future.

[edit on 7/28/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Could these literally drop planes out of the sky? effecting gravity and electrical devices? Would it also be possibly the reason behing the aircrash?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
No, it won't affect gravity, gravity has nothing to do with magnetic fields. And no it won't be responsible for any aircrash, if there was an event big enough to affect an aircraft it would affect a lot of aircraft, not just one.

The Sun is literally doing nothing strange at the moment, the problem we have here is that live data is available to th epublic and quite frankly the majority of them are completely clueless to what their looking at. The number of Alerts to various ordinary things people are posting is ludicrous and does nothing more than provide a suggestion that data should only be made available to people qualified to analyse it logically. Why people insist on coming up with wild theories as to what their looking at and ignore anyone who actually tries to explain it to them is beyond me, the only conclusion I can logically come to is that for some strange reason they want a disaster!

[edit on 29-7-2010 by AgentSmith]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

If you read what i had "ASKED" then you would see it was a question not an F ing statement.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
And I answered your questions? No it won't have caused a plane crash and no it won't affect gravity because it can't, magnetic fields and gravity are often confused but are distinctly different. Any idea that they are connected is controversial and unproven.
I then made a broad statement that wasn't even aimed at you. I have added a space in to make this clearer.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

Originally posted by tonypazzo

Too many mosquitoes
When the satellite is down on sunny days, I assume it's just sun spots. Safe for us, not so much for the satellite service.

I'm sure someone reliable will let us know when we are supposed to panic

haha the mosquitos are terrible this year! i think they're working together now.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Does anyone have more concrete data regarding these two blasts? Like direction and magnitude of the blasts?

From www.spaceweather.com today:

ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER ERUPTION: This morning, the sun produced another eruption just as impressive as yesterday's 'Towering Blast.' It occured in the vicinity of new sunsot 1092. Click here and here for first-look movies from the Solar Dynamics Observatory.

TOWERING BLAST: Yesterday, a magnetic filament curling over the southeastern limb of thee sun became unstable and erupted. The blast produced a towering curlicue prominence that "Dr Seuss would have loved," says Alan Friedman, who sends this picture from his backyard observatory in Buffalo, New York:

"It towered more than 200,000 miles above the stellar surface," says Friedman.

Astronomers around the world watched the structure twist, curl, and eventually fling itself into space over a six hour period. NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory had the best view of all. Onboard cameras recorded an IMAX-quality movie of the event ... coming soon to a theatre near you? NASA is planning an IMAX movie about SDO, and this eruption will probably make the cut. Until then, enjoy these previews: 9 MB movie, 15 MB slow-motion movie.

spaceweather.com...

[edit on 29-7-2010 by lasertaglover]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
You all may want to check spaceweather link above. There's a c3 class flare erupted headed this way along with a meteor over mexico and with what happened to venus etc etc oh almost forgot flooding, heatwaves, forest fires and also the oilspill. Now surely there's not just me that think something is on the horizon? (Literally)

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Oh my.
I guess we are all going to die.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join