It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dow May Crash to 7,500 If 10,600 Not Breached

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Dow May Crash to 7,500 If 10,600 Not Breached

www.cnbc.com

Seeing there's been quite a bit of interest in my recent comments on CNBC about the historical parallels between the Great Depression and the recent financial crisis, I thought it may be appropriate to elaborate further on the chart technicals behind the observation.

The causes may have been different, but the collapse of the U.S. markets in early 2008 followed the same behavioral patterns as the collapse in 1929. The recovery pattern seen in 2010, is also very similar to that [1930]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
This is a very interesting argument, though whether or not it holds water is yet to be seen. Some might argue that this is a whole different animal than what we had in 1929-30, but we are not talking about the system so much as the trend.

Many people have been expecting a double-dip recession and this may be it, though I think it will be farse worse than the first time around.

Will the Dow hit 10,600? It seems very much unlikely with mention of an oil leak far from the original well and companies like Apple having trouble with their latest banked gadget. Of course, anything can happen but I'm certainly not holding my breath.

This thread is not meant to sow fear, rather my intentions are only to point out the obvious as a warning.

--airspoon

www.cnbc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Well it all depends on how you look at things.

Some people think the dow could hit 16000 in 2011, not because of a great economy, but because of inflation.

Personally I always thought the dow rebounding the way it did from the march 2009 lows was highly artificial, and unsustainable.

It belongs in the 8000 range imho, that is of course we dont have massive inflation.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
As much as our markets are manipulated it is just too hard to pinpoint and swing up or down freely. I feel that it just depends on how the daily lives of the elite went the day prior and if anyone pissed them off. The market is rigged and this was proven a couple months ago withh all the short sells happening. Im not in the market, but I try to buy silver here and there and even that is being manipulated even though it is an industrial metal as well as precious. But if you look at the unemployment numbers and base pay these days I feel we are in a deppression. Less are feeling it in relation to population percentage, but by the hard count far more people are impacted today than in the Great Dep. and that is why its not mainstream yet. It must show by pop. percentage, beacuse it must be lamend out for people to pay attention, and 11.4% sounds alot better than 24.2 mill.. It must hit home to be seen,and it has to be nailed home by the MSM for anyone to wake up. The style of jobs these days are far less intellectual and stable than they were back then, a butcher was THE butcher. Too many people with the same job decreases demand, then it all goes back to location and not quality. The closer the better these days, thats why there is a 7-11 on every corner, even if the one by your house sucks its still a quater mile closer. And you dont notice 7-11 going under until its your local 7-11. I hope I made sense here, I kind-of confused myself.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Cant happen without a restructure of the energy infrastructure, sadly we need growth to implement, but it will create economic chaos if we run it up....too much volitility has prevented energy from turing into a internet of the power grid....so we need communications and energy merger, forget global warming, the problem maybe that we are not empowered to have control over energy like when we could start our own fires, use our own energy, it has to come back to something like that but with a more advanced technology.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bubbabuddha

Tesla came up with that a century ago. He said and proved that all you needed was an antenna and you could have unlimited power. And JP Morgan met with him and said," hmmm unlimited power? I dont like the sound of that one damn bit." And nothing more was ever heard about Tesla's Unlimited power source. If he could do that in his time just imagine what is out there that were not allowed to know about.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bubbabuddha

I have no doubt that the technology is there, though the only problem is that it is not as profittable as our current system and in some cases, it can't be metered at all.

--airspoon

top topics

join