It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Classic UFO (Designed and Explained)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by defiler

Nice! What program do you use? I use Blender for all my 3d models. The advantage to doing this model is not having to worry about vertice or polly count since it's not going into a game.

I love the model but I'm not sure it would fit into a "Classic UFO" design.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Here's an interesting video from the AlienScientist.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NASA is ASAN

Another great find and it has some information that we can probably use. I think what we need is people who can draw diagrams or speculate about how the craft would operate. I really like the idea that the ship is transparent from the indie, that would be cool in this model but just parts. I think the entire ship being transparent from the inside would be creepy to fly in and not as much fun for the people who will see the model.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ChicUFO

I want to say, recently (within the last 2 months) I read on here that we developed "Transparent Aluminum". I am REALLY busy right now, but if no one else hunts I will search for the linkage later.

It was on this site, I am 97.6% certain of that.

Computer? Hello Computer?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChicUFO
Another great find and it has some information that we can probably use. I think what we need is people who can draw diagrams or speculate about how the craft would operate. I really like the idea that the ship is transparent from the indie, that would be cool in this model but just parts. I think the entire ship being transparent from the inside would be creepy to fly in and not as much fun for the people who will see the model.

If we're talking about a craft made entirely from nano-engineered quasicrystals and meta-materials, then the whole ship would become a form-fitted TV screen. You could project "windows" or "portholes" on whatever part of the inside you wanted and leave the rest of it opaque. Complete customization in that regard is what we'd be dealing with.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ChicUFO

I used 3ds max.
I think the users that had ufo abductions or dreams can post some sketches or describe the exterior/interior so we can visualize it.
Or we can try to "build" an ufo from human point of view. How we think the design or the other components will look like and be most efficient. Ofcourse it will be a lot of guessing

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Here are some quick links for that "transparent aluminum"

Transparent Aluminium - See through soda cans

See through Aluminium!

Transparent Aluminum Is 'New State Of Matter'
(Best one, IMO)

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by defiler

Blender and 3DMAX are compatible, we can work in the same model and combine the best parts. This is going to be awesome if people will add information so we can model it.

The German UFO's and the post about transparent aluminum are going to be great additions to this project.

I also use a game engine called Unity, once the model is done I can add it to the engine and post it on this thread. Anyone who wants, can not only see the snapshots of the ship but they will be able to walk through it. The engine works as a browser game so anybody with a fairly fast internet connection could do the walkthrough.

I don't have any formal education with 3D but I have been building my own first and third person game for two years.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Where do they poop?

I would imagine after anal-probing hillbillies and trailer trash, they work up a serious appetite....so they head to White Castles. Everyone knows what happens after you eat White Castles...sooo.....

Where do they poop?

He labeled one section "Toilet".

The Excrement would be Collected and stored in a tank, it would then go thru a cleaning process and be recycled into Food and Water.

Apparently his aliens eat their own sh$% so they won't be needing those White Castles.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

I know that that sounds gross but it is exactly the plan NASA has planned for extended space flight. Especially in the case of fluids, the more you can recycle, the less you need to carry with you.

Edit: because I left out a word

[edit on 20-7-2010 by ChicUFO]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I know that that sounds gross but it is exactly the plan NASA has planned for extended space flight. Especially in the case of fluids, the more you can recycle, the less you need to carry with you.

I'd do it, as long as the recycling program was spot on. Why the hell not? I'd be eating burgers for 6 months until I got to Mars.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ChicUFO

GOOD but if the Unity is a browser engine than the models will have to be a little low on poligons or triangles. Or Im wrong.
But if we do that it will be cool.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by defiler

It would need to be a low polygon model but it could be covered with a high poly texture. Pretty much anything that we build into the mesh could be burned onto a low poly model. I know how to take a high poly model and paint it onto a low poly model, I can create a texture map from that and they will look exactly the same in the game engine.

EDIT:
Can 3Ds Max open .blend files? I know that blended will open 3Ds max files.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by ChicUFO]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NASA is ASAN

I'd do it, as long as the recycling program was spot on. Why the hell not? I'd be eating burgers for 6 months until I got to Mars.

Go to McDonald's and get yourself a reBurger then

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Your dedication to the subject to the point of making these sort of schematics imo, is pretty cool.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling this is not even close to reality, because we are thinking in our terms of what WE would need, and not what an alien species would need. We don't know if they would even need sleep. If they even eat food, or need to use the bathroom. They may use injections, or heck, even soak in an bath of organics that gives them all their health needs. We don't know if they even need to control their ships via "controls" as we know them. Heck, we are primitive monkeys still, yet we have gloves that can control our computers. I'd see us controlling our computers completely via wireless implants in 100 years. In 10,000 years? Well, needless to say, I don't think we'll be using joysticks.

For all we know, they have mastered multi-dimension technology, and those small disks we see flying around, could be 100 times as large on the inside.

But it's still very cool, I appreciate any effort like this into a subject, it's admirable.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by fleabit]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist
Go to McDonald's and get yourself a reBurger then

You're a sick guy, but thanks for the video and the lulz.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Here's a little diagram I cooked up to illustrate why we should build our flying saucers in a classic saucer shape.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/a4942e0ee7bbfe31.jpg[/atsimg]

And unlike the old physics problem of using a fan to blow the sail of a boat you're in to make it go, this actually works, because the source of the force, the phantom mass (or whatever) is external to the ship. It's essentially taking a hole you're falling into along with you, so that you keep falling into it, but never actually get there.

The only limitation, assuming that we aren't moving through multiple dimensions instead of good old spacetime, is the speed of light. We would need to implode into subspace or isospace to do that, and essentially have the focal point inside the ship to vector correctly to where/when we want to travel.

And, like I said, saucers look cool.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ChicUFO

Yes the texture baking method. I think that with the Collada .DAE format we will be able transfer from blender to max or the opposite.

And here is the classical german hanuebu 3. What model do you suggest we start from.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by defiler

It doesn't matter to me, I am waiting for others to post some diagrams and ideas. I will build whatever they want but I need to have something to start with unless it's just you and I doing this.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ChicUFO

EDIT:

Blender will import Collada 1.3.1. or 1.4 dae

[edit on 21-7-2010 by ChicUFO]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join