It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Classic UFO (Designed and Explained)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Are you seriously getting upset that his imaginary spacecraft isn't what you think your imaginary spacecraft should be?

I would imagine after anal-probing hillbillies and trailer trash, they work up a serious appetite....so they head to White Castles. Everyone knows what happens after you eat White Castles...sooo.....

Did his friendly response to your insulting to southerners and the poor working class comment really hit a nerve with you?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of historic and contemporary events related to extraterrestrial encounters, UFO sightings, and speculation about related subjects.

And speculation about related subjects. If speculating about the design of a UFO doesn't belong in this forum, where does it belong?

Edit: for crappy spelling

[edit on 19-7-2010 by ChicUFO]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ChicUFO

I am just saying, this does not seem to be the "proper" forum.

Perhaps the "Gray Area"

Or "Collaborative Writing"?

Since this is 100% fake and all. I am not saying "This is stupid", I am just saying I don't think if fits into the forum.

Oh and I vote "B"

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Well, for one...starting off with a 50's era spaceship right out of "lost in space" as a means of exploring this subject.......do I need to say any more? If I do, you will never understand why people don't take this subject seriously.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I thought that the title to the thread, "The Classic UFO (Designed and Explained)" meant exactly that. Maybe he should have specified something like the Enterprise or something out of Star Wars.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
"Classic" UFO is a full on indication that UFO design changes with pop-culture. Gee....I wonder why? Is it art imitating life, or the other way around?

I would suggest that folks "see" what they think they should see based on the pop-culture input they are exposed to. Which is.......an example of......mass ignorance.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChicUFO

I thought that the title to the thread, "The Classic UFO (Designed and Explained)" meant exactly that...

I have to agree with this statement, before I even clicked on this thread I was seeing saucers!

Or maybe that was my empty coffee cup...

Anyway, the "Classic" UFO would not be the "Modern" UFO or it would have been called the "Modern" UFO, wouldn't it?

I still vote "B" Though "C" is looking fancy too.

I don't like the groovy "A", though it is groovy!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Now that I can agree with. Since there is absolutely no evidence that aliens or their crafts exist, this entire forum is made up conjecture and falsely stated imaginations. So then what is wrong with this thread?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

I designed A so that it would have lights around the outside, like in true seers avitar

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ChicUFO

AHHHH!

Now that is much "cooler" than the others, I don't feel it would fit the "Classic" descriptor. Though my mind is stuck with the black-and-white photos for references.

I still say "B"

(In case no one figured it out yet, this is where the topic is at
)

This post is 100% friendly

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I thought youre just kidding ? I'm sorry, but the diagram you present DOESNT reflect what inside an UFO. Please perform thorough investigation and some further thinking before indulge yourself further.

On positive side, you do progress forward than others who still trap in Roswell, its good to see someone like you.

Sorry if I sound harsh, but to show some points.

A UFO doesnt need life support system, sleeping/accommodation, doesnt even need toilet!. Inside a UFO there would be only...
Few seats, navigation control that is built into the seat,a power module, a storage room/area for to transport motorcycle size items. Thats it.

Bob Lazar website once have a diagram inside a UFO, merely three seat with a big screen and a central power module like yours and after sometime thinking, I knew why.

You think the alien come to earth using a single spacecraft smaller than the size of your house ? If 3/4/5 or even 10 aliens can journey 3 trillion kilometer, using the small UFO we see, then earth is a tourist destination for the UFO.
Get real.
The UFO we snapped/video/draw/saw is actually comparable to our car/van. Theres some big mothership out there. The mothership might have all things you list, who knows, this open to imagination.

Being my point revealed, please understand, the UFO we photo is a "mini van", and mini van have things I mentioned. Seat with nav control, power/engine, loading area and a big screen (windscreen). Now it should make sense right ?.

If youre really serious into this, consider lookup bob lazar design which hint the idea and do make sense.
Archived Bob Lazar Website at web.archive.org...*/www.boblazar.com...

There are few human attempt to mimic the spacecraft, (a sure failure unless propulsion system tech found)
Russians ? Nazi ? Human made UFO ?

Conspiracy Sidetrack:
Is it me or the UFO reported is getting bigger ? 10 years ago there is no/less Big Rectangle Spaceship I think. Now its somewhat common, is it ?. I hope a comet hit their mother-ship. Amen.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by RainCloud]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

You know, people could always post old photographs of UFO's. I have no problem with designing the exterior to fit with a classic UFO photo. Heck, I might even be able to get textures from the old photos.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by RainCloud

A mini van UFO? Now that is original and a great perspective to consider. After just glancing through that Nazi UFO link, I really want to build that model,lol. Thanks for that link, I'm going to go read it right now.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChicUFO

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of historic and contemporary events related to extraterrestrial encounters, UFO sightings, and speculation about related subjects.

And speculation about related subjects. If speculating about the design of a UFO doesn't belong in this forum, where does it belong?
It seems like speculation about related subjects to me.

Some experts, including Michio Kaku, were employed to speculate about design of interstellar spacecraft, in this episode of UFO files called Alien Engineering Pt1-1

Prepare for an exercise in imagination. Suppose that an alien spacecraft crashed in the desert and we humans recovered it. What could we learn from its engineers? Using data gleaned from years of UFO sightings, we recreate a typical ship using cutting-edge animation, discover why aliens choose the craft shapes they do, learn how they overcome the effects of Earth's atmosphere, defy gravity, cancel inertia, and travel faster than the speed of light! Our experts--reverse engineers---show us what's "under the hood" of alien craft. We explore the technology that makes other-world visitations possible, what distance-shrinking device or wormhole excavator permits ships to travel space's expanse in minutes, and how the semi-transparent spacecraft skin functions. At first inspection, the technology seems crazy, but according to our experts, nothing is beyond the realm of possibility.

I posted the first link, you can find the rest of them from there. It's a long show, lasts 2 hours with commercials but might be 90 minutes without them.

Anyone interested in this subject might get some interesting ideas from that show, or you can compare the ideas you came up with to their ideas. They have some pretty decent graphics in that show considering how old it is.

One of the things they talk about for example, is how the "flying saucer" shape is so aerodynamically bad. But I suppose for interstellar travel, if there's no atmosphere, you don't have to worry about the aerodynamics until you get to the planet. The Star Trek Enterprise usually managed to avoid this problem by just staying in orbit around the planet, and sent shuttles down to the surface. In fact that's how man went to the moon, by sending a shuttle down to the surface. So it would make sense to me to have a flying machine within a flying machine. The larger flying machine is for interstellar travel. Once that arrives at the planet, a smaller shuttle with some kind of aerodynamic design might be more suitable than landing the mothership. However I have to admit I've probably watched too much Star Trek

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
There is no way to determine what the UFO phenomena actually are, if they are a type of craft, there is no way to determine whether they are terrestrial or extraterrestrial.

If they are a craft and are terrestrial, there is no need for food, sleeping quarters, or even life support systems. The craft might not be too much different than the inside of a conventional craft.

Even if it is a craft and is alien there is not necessarily a need for these things either. There could be a separate unit in the atmosphere that has all of those things, and what we see is simply and observational craft.

There are other possibilities as well, that if in fact this is some kind of craft whether it be terrestrial or extraterrestrial, it could be simply some kind of UAV requiring no occupants at all.

If it is a craft there might even be the combination of the three above.

There is the possibility that UFO’s are not in fact craft at all, that the classic shape we normally relate to the phenomena, is not a physical object at all.

There are many other possibilities; I have just stated a few.

All of this is of course conjecture since if we knew what it was it would not be labeled as unidentified.

So related to the OT of the OP, it would be hard to decide what the interior looked like unless you settle on what the classic UFO was.

[edit on 7/19/2010 by AlienCarnage]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ChicUFO

You got me interested. I can help with the 3d department
Here is a design that I could think of.

At the center of the ufo there is a propulsion system that Victor Staufenberg's ufos were using I cant remember the type and I'm to sleepy to check

We should really try to develop this thread more. It is kind of fun, and an escape from the tense and serious atmosphere here on ATS.

[edit on 19/7/10 by defiler]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The design of a UFO and what its capable of has always been very interesting to me. I've heard a ton of different things about these crafts like the shipis themselves are actually biological and connect to the pilot somehow and all the pilot needs to do is think of where to go and its possible. I've also heard of some kind of spongy interior. Of course this is all speculation. I think it would be really cool to collaborate ideas and try to come up with a mutual diagram from ATS members. Neat stuff!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Your half right about the gyroscope propulsion. Each ring would contain a small particle accelerator. Remember that particle accelerators can obtain speeds close to 99.99 the speed of light; and that when something accelerates to light speed its mass stretches infinitely. Also Im not sure but I think the Unified Field Theory talks about the relation of magnetism, gravity, and "contortional mass".

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Great post, you should look up Bob Lazar's explanation on the operations of the 'Sports Model' UFO. thetruthbehindthescenes.wordpress.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by defiler

Nice, can it coloured pink ? LOL hust kidding, good job on the effort and 3D skill. Now its look much more like some high tech lid.

Conspiracy Sidetrack:
If the UFO got some malfunction and supposed the got uber tech, who do they call? technician ? scientist ? mechanic ? junkyard ?
Does the UFO got after sales service and insurance attached to it ?
I shall meditate on this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join