It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women are stronger than men

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Lol, you guys are way too sensitive and snippy. I guess its a bad thing that i like strong men who make me feel safe. And just so you know, go ask your doctor about testosterone. He will explain what it does to a body and how it produces more muscle mass. But anyways, you guys ganging up on me and trying to twist words or be ignorant to science is a waste of my time. YES, on average men are physically stronger and thats all I was trying to say. No need to freak out. Calm down. If I piss you off so much by saying MY opinion on how many men are these days, then don't respond to me.
its that easy. And yeah, I do keep an open mind. Thats why i dated the people i dated and are friends with the people im friends with. Do you understand? If you dont like what i have to say, dont waste your time responding.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

And just so you know, go ask your doctor about testosterone. He will explain what it does to a body and how it produces more muscle mass.

Alrighty, since we want to stick to the strawman argument...

In men, testosterone plays a key role in the development of male reproductive tissues such as the testis and prostate as well as promoting secondary sexual characteristics such as increased muscle and bone mass and hair growth.[3] In addition, testosterone is essential for health and well-being[4] as well as the prevention of osteoporosis.[5]

On average, an adult human male body produces about ten times more testosterone than an adult human female body, but females are, from a behavioral perspective (rather than from an anatomical or biological perspective), more sensitive to the hormone.[6] However, the overall ranges for male and female are very wide, such that the ranges actually overlap at the low end and high end respectively.

en.wikipedia.org...

Also, with this "ask a doctor" crap. Since I figure you will be miffed I used wikipedia. Proof by Authority:

Appeal to authority is a fallacy of defective induction, where it is argued that a statement is correct because the statement is made by a person or source that is commonly regarded as authoritative. The most general structure of this argument is:

1. Source A says that p is true.
2. Source A is authoritative.
3. Therefore, p is true.

en.wikipedia.org...

Also, just for those that dislike wikipedia:

Moving the goalposts, also known as raising the bar, is an informal logically fallacious argument in which evidence presented in response to a specific claim is dismissed and some other (often greater) evidence is demanded. In other words, after an attempt has been made to score a goal, the goalposts are moved to exclude the attempt. This attempts to leave the impression that an argument had a fair hearing while actually reaching a preordained conclusion.

en.wikipedia.org...

Originally posted by LuckyMe777
Lol, you guys are way too sensitive and snippy.

And you are way too insulting. Guess what, that makes us EQUAL!
Told you I could refute ANY claim.

Calm down. If I piss you off so much by saying MY opinion...

I am not upset, but if I were to be it isn't your opinion. It is THESE insults:

you are ignorant if you do not believe that men are physically stronger.

you are also ignorant if you dont believe that the sexes think differently and react differently to certain situations.

Dont be part of the stupid crowd who thinks the only differences is between our legs.

f you really think that girls and men have the same body, you must be gay.

And if women are stronger than men I guess i find it kind of funny that a woman could kick your ass.

But anyways, you guys ganging up on me and trying to twist words or be ignorant to science is a waste of my time.

Calm down.

There are plenty more, I am sure. I just pulled the ones directed at me. Maybe you should follow your own advice?

If you dont like what i have to say, dont waste your time responding.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio

And just so you know, go ask your doctor about testosterone. He will explain what it does to a body and how it produces more muscle mass.

Alrighty, since we want to stick to the strawman argument...

In men, testosterone plays a key role in the development of male reproductive tissues such as the testis and prostate as well as promoting secondary sexual characteristics such as increased muscle and bone mass and hair growth.[3] In addition, testosterone is essential for health and well-being[4] as well as the prevention of osteoporosis.[5]

On average, an adult human male body produces about ten times more testosterone than an adult human female body, but females are, from a behavioral perspective (rather than from an anatomical or biological perspective), more sensitive to the hormone.[6] However, the overall ranges for male and female are very wide, such that the ranges actually overlap at the low end and high end respectively.

en.wikipedia.org...

Also, with this "ask a doctor" crap. Since I figure you will be miffed I used wikipedia. Proof by Authority:

Appeal to authority is a fallacy of defective induction, where it is argued that a statement is correct because the statement is made by a person or source that is commonly regarded as authoritative. The most general structure of this argument is:

1. Source A says that p is true.
2. Source A is authoritative.
3. Therefore, p is true.

en.wikipedia.org...

Also, just for those that dislike wikipedia:

Moving the goalposts, also known as raising the bar, is an informal logically fallacious argument in which evidence presented in response to a specific claim is dismissed and some other (often greater) evidence is demanded. In other words, after an attempt has been made to score a goal, the goalposts are moved to exclude the attempt. This attempts to leave the impression that an argument had a fair hearing while actually reaching a preordained conclusion.

en.wikipedia.org...

And you are way too insulting. Guess what, that makes us EQUAL!
Told you I could refute ANY claim.

Calm down. If I piss you off so much by saying MY opinion...

I am not upset, but if I were to be it isn't your opinion. It is THESE insults:

you are ignorant if you do not believe that men are physically stronger.

you are also ignorant if you dont believe that the sexes think differently and react differently to certain situations.

Dont be part of the stupid crowd who thinks the only differences is between our legs.

f you really think that girls and men have the same body, you must be gay.

And if women are stronger than men I guess i find it kind of funny that a woman could kick your ass.

But anyways, you guys ganging up on me and trying to twist words or be ignorant to science is a waste of my time.

Calm down.

There are plenty more, I am sure. I just pulled the ones directed at me. Maybe you should follow your own advice?

If you dont like what i have to say, dont waste your time responding.

All I have to say in response to that, is you spent wayyy to much time on such a little problem. I know I'm right because its human science. It is in relation to evolution and how we evolved. But Once again, you go on wikipedia which is the most reliable source, isnt it?
and try to tell me im wrong. However, it didnt work. You fail.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LuckyMe777

All I have to say in response to that, is you spent wayyy to much time on such a little problem. I know I'm right because its human science. It is in relation to evolution and how we evolved. But Once again, you go on wikipedia which is the most reliable source, isnt it? and try to tell me im wrong. However, it didnt work. You fail.

Lol did you even read my post, I told you that you would make fun of me using wikipedia!

So, let me get this straight:

1) You say you are right, but offer no proof.

2) I say I am right, offer proof, and you scoff at the proof

3) You say you are right, but offer no proof.

Yeaaaah

Here, since you didn't read my earlier post:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

All I have to say in response to that, is you spent wayyy to much time on such a little problem. I know I'm right because its human science. It is in relation to evolution and how we evolved. But Once again, you go on wikipedia which is the most reliable source, isnt it? and try to tell me im wrong. However, it didnt work. You fail.

Lol did you even read my post, I told you that you would make fun of me using wikipedia!

So, let me get this straight:

1) You say you are right, but offer no proof.

2) I say I am right, offer proof, and you scoff at the proof

3) You say you are right, but offer no proof.

Yeaaaah

Here, since you didn't read my earlier post:

en.wikipedia.org...

Dude! You are saying that physically, men have not evolved to be stronger than women. But that is exactly how it is! The average man is stronger than the average woman! What is so hard to get about that?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

No fair making a NEW strawman! I was busy burning the old one!

(I never said such a thing.)

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

My whole point in posting this thread was to say that men on average are physically stronger than women. Its true.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I am adding this as a new reply, since lucky is posting as fast as I can

Lucky, please, could you lay out exactly what you think my position is.

I think we may have misunderstandings brewing, which is common in text based communications.

(I also have a difficult time formulating my beliefs/ideas into words/text. (Lol if that makes sense.))

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I have not seen any data to back up this claim, at all.

In fact, I posted data to the contrary. Which stated, as I have from the beginning, it is EQUAL at the ends.

However, the overall ranges for male and female are very wide, such that the ranges actually overlap at the low end and high end respectively.

en.wikipedia.org...

I was going to copy the list of references at the bottom of the Wikipedia page, but it was so large I would have gotten in trouble.

With that said, are all of those links as "un-trustworthy" as the Wikipedia site that houses their information?

EDIT (To fix: beginning, the it (to) beginning, it)

[edit on 7/20/2010 by adigregorio]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Men in general have more muscle mass then women. When you see a photo shoot of a girl, you'd usually see a skinny girl. If you see one of a guy, you'd see a ripped guy. Usually this is because in society men are thought to be more attractive if they have muscles whereas women are though to be more attractive if they are not as strong as men. But this is okay, as you see we've evolved this way. Men used to be hunters, gatherers and the protectors. Over time, they had become physically stronger then women (on average) due to testosterone and have bigger muscle mass. Its common sense and it has to do with evolution. Im sorry if you still do not understand what I am trying to say. If it is hard for you to comprehend this, please feel free to research my claims yourself.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Here are some more women that could kick asses:

GAH@!!@ I hope the day never comes when all women aspire to become that! I, for one would welcome the extinction of the male species. I could never live in a world dominated by that.

ps: I wish women would stop trying to be men, and visa versa.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Wookiep]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

You welcome the extinction of the male species?

NOT ME

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Yes! The future of the human race depends on juiced up woman-like humanoids!

Physically, on the average men are stronger then women, but who cares really?

The rest is all up for grabs!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
reply to post by Wookiep

You welcome the extinction of the male species?

NOT ME

only in a world where all women become what was shown in the video. Did you see THAT?? ouch.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Wookiep]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Lol those women are the definition of 'ew'.
Actually they're not even 'women' they are things that should not be here.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Women shouldn't compare themselves to men otherwise their self worth becomes dependent upon the characteristics of men

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I have made it clear that it is not a prejudiced view.

Men are strong in certain areas, and women are strong in others.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
Boadicea - or however you spell her name - was a fearsome fighting woman.

Women are fighters and strong - for their children mainly.

Women are stronger than men for a lot of reasons.

Who can endure many sleepless nights with a sick baby? And still carry on next day?

Who can endure men moaning and complaining when they only have a cold?

Who can go through the agony of childbirth?

Who keeps the family together?

What a stupid post. There are a lot of guys who have the same qualities you just named up there (Ok, if you put childbirth at the same level of "extreme pain"). So you are actually talking about your own personal experience or those of your social surroundings. Don´t bore us with your opinion please.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by N.Tesla]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by corruptedtesssa

Hey, thanks for the award for the most pointless post!

Good luck with your posts.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

As a woman, I actually resent this post. Not only is it a broad and uninformed statement, but it is sexist as well. I am a human being, with strengths and weaknesses. My strengths are not your strengths, my weaknesses are not your weaknesses. This is what make us true individuals.

Broad statements like that take us back socially to a time where blanket statements were accepted as normal, and as science.

Bad juju.
No Flag, No Star.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join