It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women are stronger than men

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This thread is a joke and a pitiful reminder of the daily downward-spiral I see ATS suffering from .

If women are stronger than men , why do we have such a monstrous 'Domestic-Violence' industry being built right here in America ?

Why don't those women kick the crap out of the guys who are abusing them ?

Instead , you have these 'strong' women , who have grown tired of you , who find it much easier to call the cops and tell them you are beating the crap out of them , when you have not even looked at them crooked .

So , you are telling me these laws are designed to 'protect' the strong ?

How strong does a woman have to be to go down and file a protective order everytime you disagree with her ?

Explain to me , the strength it takes to accuse a man of 'stalking and harassing' you , when that man lives in the same house as you and sleeps in the same bed as you and gets up every morning to go pull a 10-12 hour shift while you set home on your butt all day and watch Oprah .

And , what a strong woman it takes to have the sheriff evict you from your own home , that she moved out of 6 months prior , simply because the lease is up on her apartment and she has decided to come home , but she doesn't want you there .

How does she accomplish this ? Easy , she goes down to DVIS and files a complaint , stating that you are abusing , stalking , harassing her , and she is in fear of her life .

Never mind that you bring witnesses to court who state that she hasn't lived there for six months ., that , is somehow ruled 'irrelevant' .

But hey , don't let me rain on your parade , carry on .

I don't know where you are from but , around here , most of those 'stronger-than-men' females sure do appreciate it when a man stops to change a flat tire for them on the side of the road .

[edit on 19-7-2010 by okbmd]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Originally posted by Silver Shadow
Keep the family together ?
Seems like most divorce proceedings these days are started by the female side.

And of course the guy that goes to work every day for forty five, to fifty years to keep the family afloat financially, deserves absolutely no credit.

Sure childbirth is tough, both physically and mentally, but nature has equipped women for that task. Women have been doing it successfully for tens of thousands of years.

Yeah well, if we received the same pay that men do for the very same exact job,this wouldn't even be an issue, but since you went there, well let me just say this, some women are trapped in a loveless, very unhealthy relationship just because they cannot make enough money to make it on their own no matter how much they bust their A** in life, so given that when the kids are grown and the woman then has the freedom to leave that very horrible unwanted relationship she might have felt trapped in, it is her right and why the heck shouldn't she leave? You expect her to pay for making the wrong choice in her life for the rest of her life??? NO WAY!!!! And here are some sources to prove what I am saying!!!!
Wage Gap By The Numbers

Should we be mad as hell? WELL HELL YES!!!!!

Should we feel proud of the accomplishments we do have that men can't accomplish????? WELL HELL YES!!!!!!!!!

ok i am all for equal pay but one thing i have noticed in the uk women cry out for equal pay (which i agree with) but can retire years before a male becomes able is this fair no but i don't hear of any women demanding that they work longer, maybe instead of campaigning for women/men rights maybe we should be campaigning for equality

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Uuhmm....just came back here this morning. I can't believe this thread is still going. It seems the Cat sure struck a nerve!!!! And to my way of reading these posts there are some of you who are actually talking about yourselves. Although you are writing as though you were talking about someone else.
Some very bad stuff going on here. Men are from Mars and women are from Venus for sure. AND.. the way some of you talk about your spouse is not very nice at all. So I am guessing you stay together for the sake of the children?
So..is the Men Warriors against the Female Amazons?
Women can change their own tires on a car. I do, if I have to and I am 71 years old. No..I am not some big tall amazon. I am 5'3 and weigh in at 129. It is just that women have been taught from early childhood that their place is in the home taking care of the kids. It is the boys that are taken out in the yard to help Dad change a tire. My son..used to do that, but since I talked to him he does let his 5 year old daughter help..handing him the bolts, wrenches, or whatever he needs to fix the car. And she is interested more than the boys are.
He has quit saying you are a girl, and girls don't do ...blah,blah, and blah.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
You act like every single man in the world works 24/7 and never does anything for their family, men do equally as much as woman do, you are not the only one taking care of your children and to say you are only makes you selfish a foolish. Men are hunter gatherers, since the dawn of time they have protected their families and make sure the wife was happy, the woman since the dawn of time has been a nurturer, she is supposed to take care of the house and cook (did you notice how when I said what the woman was supposed to do you got a feeling in you gut like, you ain't supposed to say that)
Well women are becoming more like men mentally and demand the same treatment but the truth is that men are stronger and can carry out more taskes wilst at the same time carrying more stress, if a woman really work as hard as a man (and I don't mean the special treatment you get while you are still treated like a man) they would go insane within two to three years.

Get back in the kitch and make me dinner.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I have to think that getting kicked in the nards is just as or MORE painful than childbirth. Women don't have to endure that and most if not all men have experienced that.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
hehe
thank you for your post. It was very amusing
Women are strong indeed,
But your answers for the issue was nothing but lack of experience
= Travel abit around the world, or join the front lines of war or be tortured
= I can mention many torture methods that men can handle alot better that most women. It all comes to individuality

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The statement "women are stronger than men" is in itself stereotyping and amazingly short sighted. Using one women in history does not a woman make e.g BOUDICA, it was revenge that spurred her on her revolt......not a strong attribute for a strong leader and it was this drive and fury that blinded her judgement which is a very important lack in strength of character which lead her to defeat by Suetonius a MAN.
Every Person has their strengths and weaknesses Boudica's weakness was her feelings............as can be said for men and women. No human to this day is truly strong in all atributes because to attain strength in one is to allow weakness in another.

Strongest Human Ever Lived

Most pain Threshold Merely a chemical difference the actual THRESHOLD is better in men.

Mind KIM UNG YONGA
Above are the 3 most obvious traits, there are more but as you were going on strength, pain etc I thought I'd clear it up for you.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

That guy is not the strongest ever. Not close. Your research is very narrow.
That competition is a circus show, it falls flat as an accurate way of measuring strength.

Kazmaier benched 661, Ryan Kennelly benches 1070 without lifting aids.

www.youtube.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 2010/7/19 by SteveR]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The fact of the matter is that we are inherently different in our physiology. If you look at the average male and female you will note that men are stronger and faster. That's why we were the bread winners in the past. You look at a womans physiology and you'll note that they are built on stamina. While we men are stronger women are more resilient. Seems like a perfect balance to me.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Its sad that there are no more men these days. All hard labor tasks are apparently done as female. I can tell you that i cannot do the strength required by a man to do certain tasks. Ive pretty much already realized that when i get married, ill probably have to do all the hard stuff around the house because now adays men act womanish and like babies. Whatever happened to the strong men who wouldnt cry? its something I NEED as a person because its natural. Its instinct to want a strong guy and its needed emotionally and physically for everything to balance out. Hate me all you want, but men today have become such pussies and its disgusting. I want a REAL man.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
o no! im all about equal sexes and all but this cant be right!
you all want real man and yet you date some idiots with tatoos who only pretend to be cool and mysteryos to get you to bed,they dont even know what romance is or what adventure is, and you girls just go wild couse hes so mysteryos and dosnt treat you nice. hes "hard to get" WHAT A LOAD OF BULLSH$^.
what if im really sad and need support too? what if i want to cry sometimes? whats wrong with a man being emotional sometimes, cant i get support too? im labeled a "puss^#" and women will never go out with me right? i hope you find that man that beats you

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuckyMe777
Its sad that there are no more men these days. All hard labor tasks are apparently done as female. I can tell you that i cannot do the strength required by a man to do certain tasks. Ive pretty much already realized that when i get married, ill probably have to do all the hard stuff around the house because now adays men act womanish and like babies. Whatever happened to the strong men who wouldnt cry? its something I NEED as a person because its natural. Its instinct to want a strong guy and its needed emotionally and physically for everything to balance out. Hate me all you want, but men today have become such pussies and its disgusting. I want a REAL man.

Society has been spending the last couple decades dressing men in pink, telling them its alright to cry and demanding that they get in touch with their feelings. The real men out there like me allow their manly instincts to endure and love coming home from a hard days work, allowing the dirt and sweat to speak for itself. I resent people telling me to be more sensitive and don't say or do stuff my testosterone tells me to do. I can't imagine a woman who would want a man that looks forward to going shopping, cleaning the house or is willing to sit through a two hour kissy-touchy-feely movie (and in the end say he liked it). It blurs the difference between man and woman. Granted, I find a woman that gets down and dirty with power tools, somewhat attractive. If she only did manly things it'd be a whole different story.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LuckyMe777

Real men cry, they have feelings too, they just don't cry much, only when their hungry or the internet goes out

They all are real LuckyMe777, capable of all you want and more.
It saddens me when I hear a man say he isn't sure anymore if he is insulting a women if he opens a door for her.

Some are confused easily because of the different messages they get from different women.

edit to add: our strengths compliment each other, we bring to the table different strengths and when there is open communication and honesty, accepting each other as we are and not trying to change one another, our strengths make us as one.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

I hope that you did not mean what you posted. Specifically, the last sentence.

I could say that about a lot of posts. But yours..... well, I won’t let it ruin my day.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by worlds_away]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

Feeling sorry for yourself and posting such things only proves some people are too immature to be in a relationship!
YOU JUST MADE THE OP'S POINT FOR THIS THREAD!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Men have stronger upper body strength. Men and women are equal in lower body strength. Women are stronger in endurance when it comes to life and death, in other words, have a stronger will to live.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Men have stronger upper body strength. Men and women are equal in lower body strength. Women are stronger in endurance when it comes to life and death, in other words, have a stronger will to live.

Some men have stronger upper body strength than some women. Some women have stronger upper body strength than some men.

Where does that get us? Nowhere.

All of this claiming “So and so is better than this and that” gets us absolutely nowhere. It doesn’t mean anything.

I have read Caveman Logic: The Persistence of Primitive Thinking in a Modern World by Hank Davis and was almost ready to disagree with his ideas. Nope. No time soon.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
reply to post by LuckyMe777

Real men cry, they have feelings too, they just don't cry much, only when their hungry or the internet goes out

They all are real LuckyMe777, capable of all you want and more.
It saddens me when I hear a man say he isn't sure anymore if he is insulting a women if he opens a door for her.

Some are confused easily because of the different messages they get from different women.

edit to add: our strengths compliment each other, we bring to the table different strengths and when there is open communication and honesty, accepting each other as we are and not trying to change one another, our strengths make us as one.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by sweetliberty]

lol, i know. =] im just talking about how a guy isnt afraid to be blut, or assuertive, or do physical work. i am a very loving and caring person to people, and i certainly would be great to my boyfriend/husband. i just want a guy who does not take crap from people, and a guy who is brave and can do physical jobs that i cant do. ive seen my mom end up with really lazy men in her lifetime. She isnt capable of doing all the physical work that a man should be able to do normally, and they never seemed to help her. I just want a man that will step forward and well.. be a man. lol.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by croweboy

Originally posted by LuckyMe777

Society has been spending the last couple decades dressing men in pink, telling them its alright to cry and demanding that they get in touch with their feelings. The real men out there like me allow their manly instincts to endure and love coming home from a hard days work, allowing the dirt and sweat to speak for itself. I resent people telling me to be more sensitive and don't say or do stuff my testosterone tells me to do. I can't imagine a woman who would want a man that looks forward to going shopping, cleaning the house or is willing to sit through a two hour kissy-touchy-feely movie (and in the end say he liked it). It blurs the difference between man and woman. Granted, I find a woman that gets down and dirty with power tools, somewhat attractive. If she only did manly things it'd be a whole different story.

too bad there aren't more guys like you! =]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join