It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women are stronger than men

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
This is the kind of thead that tears people apart instead of bringing them together. Battle of the sexes BS! Its the strength of the heart and soul that matters, whether it be man or woman.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by faceoff85

Oh, men give birth now? I didn't know that.

But I am very pleased to hear it.

Guess what, men would die giving birth, because they could not stand that unbelievable level of pain.

The only reason women can handle it is because the body unleashes a torrent of endorphins and other chemicals during childbirth. If men had evolved to give birth, they would put out the same or similar endorphins and weather it just as well.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Originally posted by Silver Shadow
Keep the family together ?
Seems like most divorce proceedings these days are started by the female side.

And of course the guy that goes to work every day for forty five, to fifty years to keep the family afloat financially, deserves absolutely no credit.

Sure childbirth is tough, both physically and mentally, but nature has equipped women for that task. Women have been doing it successfully for tens of thousands of years.

Yeah well, if we received the same pay that men do for the very same exact job,this wouldn't even be an issue, but since you went there, well let me just say this, some women are trapped in a loveless, very unhealthy relationship just because they cannot make enough money to make it on their own no matter how much they bust their A** in life, so given that when the kids are grown and the woman then has the freedom to leave that very horrible unwanted relationship she might have felt trapped in, it is her right and why the heck shouldn't she leave? You expect her to pay for making the wrong choice in her life for the rest of her life??? NO WAY!!!! And here are some sources to prove what I am saying!!!!
Wage Gap By The Numbers

Should we be mad as hell? WELL HELL YES!!!!!

Should we feel proud of the accomplishments we do have that men can't accomplish????? WELL HELL YES!!!!!!!!!

One thing I always have to wonder is how people can expect to take 6-12mo off of work and then come back and act like it never happened. I know I will draw a lot of flame here for saying it, but TYPICALLY a woman chooses to pursue having a child and as a consequence thereof voluntarily takes herself out of the workforce for a lengthy period of time. I'm sorry, but if you're MIA for as long as some women take for maternity leave, then you are dramatically behind when you come back. That's a year or more of work you've not been doing for the company. Do you really expect to get promotions/raises for a year of not doing work for the company? And then there are a fair number of women that take 'personal' days every single month because of their cycles. I'm sorry, I really am. I understand it may hurt and make you ill, but you are still missing a lot of work when you do that. What do you think would happen if a man took 3-7 days off every single month and then took off up to a year of time? He'd come back and be behind on the pay curve too. It's not some horrible conspiracy against women, it's biology. However, just because you're female, doesn't mean that it gets overlooked.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Any woman who does not attribute or appreciate strength in men will rarely bear witness to it. Not because it isn't there but because they don't deserve it.

Your world is what you make it.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuckyMe777
Its sad that there are no more men these days...
.....Hate me all you want, but men today have become such pussies and its disgusting. I want a REAL man.

Always complaining..
there's your problem. And I don't hate you, I pity you a little though.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I can not believe this is STILL going!!

I guess I gave humans too much credit this time, I figured this was a "no duh" thread.

But now we are entering the realm of the "nice guy".

(If a guy was nice, he wouldn't wish a beating upon others, that kinda discounts the "nice guy" part.)

No body is "er" than another person. No body is "better" than another person. No body is "stronger" than another person. (Talking "magic" strength, not muscle power.)

We are all equal, when you get down to the bottom.

Stephen Hawking, I am just as equal as him.

1) He is "super smart" (For the sake of argument)
2) He can't walk

All those smarts that I don't have. But he doesn't have my two legs.

Beethoven, he sure can make some fancy tunes. To bad he couldn't hear them, at least towards the end.

Quit trying to push others underneath you, that trait right there makes you equal to me. For, while you treat men as "weaker", I equal it out by treating others equally.

Of course, re-reading through the thread I seem to notice that the OP is missing...Just sayin'

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

.....Hate me all you want, but men today have become such pussies and its disgusting. I want a REAL man.

Always complaining..

No, i just dont like that all the guys these days are a bunch of pussies. I like hard fun and strength in guys.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio
I can not believe this is STILL going!!

I guess I gave humans too much credit this time, I figured this was a "no duh" thread.

But now we are entering the realm of the "nice guy".

(If a guy was nice, he wouldn't wish a beating upon others, that kinda discounts the "nice guy" part.)

No body is "er" than another person. No body is "better" than another person. No body is "stronger" than another person. (Talking "magic" strength, not muscle power.)

We are all equal, when you get down to the bottom.

Stephen Hawking, I am just as equal as him.

1) He is "super smart" (For the sake of argument)
2) He can't walk

All those smarts that I don't have. But he doesn't have my two legs.

Beethoven, he sure can make some fancy tunes. To bad he couldn't hear them, at least towards the end.

Quit trying to push others underneath you, that trait right there makes you equal to me. For, while you treat men as "weaker", I equal it out by treating others equally.

Of course, re-reading through the thread I seem to notice that the OP is missing...Just sayin'

you are ignorant if you do not believe that men are physically stronger. you are also ignorant if you dont believe that the sexes think differently and react differently to certain situations. Dont be part of the stupid crowd who thinks the only differences is between our legs.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

you are ignorant if you do not believe that men are physically stronger.

Really? How many men? All of them?

Oh, and speaking of ignorance, why didn't you read this part of my post:

...(Talking "magic" strength, not muscle power.)

you are also ignorant if you dont believe that the sexes think differently and react differently to certain situations.

Nope.

PEOPLE react differently to situations. You are the one spouting ignorance, by lumping people into only two categories. A human is more diverse than merely the label "man" and "woman". Sorry.

Dont be part of the stupid crowd who thinks the only differences is between our legs.

What is the alternative? The "cool" crowd that insults others?

As I have said from the beginning, WE ARE ALL EQUAL when you get down to the brass tax. If you say otherwise, gonna need some evidence from them outrageous claims. I have provided "some" for my claim

Oh, and attack the debate, not the debaters!

EDIT (To fix: form them outrageous... (to) from them outrageous...)

[edit on 7/20/2010 by adigregorio]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
Boadicea - or however you spell her name - was a fearsome fighting woman.

I read a few of your replies and I still fail to see your point. You name one woman and I name 3 billion not like her. Why is it a male dominating world? In the animal kingdom there are many cases where the female is the stronger, but they are also the dominate sex too. Females are weaker in strength and speed and their stronger emotions (great in child rearing) can completely over whelm them under many situations.

Women are fighters and strong - for their children mainly.

Once again...I think if I was in a fight for my kids I would prevail much better than my wife.

Women are stronger than men for a lot of reasons.

I agree women do better in some areas but you are so generalized in this statement I need to say nope.. There is a point when talking about strength to weight ratio and small people in general do better than larger, but when looking at all sports men do better in the vast majority by a huge margin, why is that?

Who can endure many sleepless nights with a sick baby? And still carry on next day?

Who can work many days? Who can fight long battles? Again to say women can go sleepless doesn't suggest men can't do it longer and still be more functional.

Who can endure men moaning and complaining when they only have a cold?

Lol ok, is this a joke? I seen guys with their leg blown off and they endure rather well....this statement is almost trolling...geez

Who can go through the agony of childbirth?

Just because men don't do it doesn't mean they would not handle it better if they had to, also this is like the one thing that women like you seem to fall back on as your shield to prove something, and it proves nothing. Can you walk your way out of the woods with a broken leg? You take something that women are designed to do by evolution and suggest you have strength, but when we compare pain from the outside world causing it a different picture starts to form.

Who keeps the family together?

Both do...my wife would be in a world of hurt without me...

You really are not putting much of a convincing argument together with your post I'm sorry to say.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

you are ignorant if you do not believe that men are physically stronger.

Really? How many men? All of them?

Oh, and speaking of ignorance, why didn't you read this part of my post:

...(Talking "magic" strength, not muscle power.)

you are also ignorant if you dont believe that the sexes think differently and react differently to certain situations.

Nope.

PEOPLE react differently to situations. You are the one spouting ignorance, by lumping people into only two categories. A human is more diverse than merely the label "man" and "woman". Sorry.

Dont be part of the stupid crowd who thinks the only differences is between our legs.

What is the alternative? The "cool" crowd that insults others?

As I have said from the beginning, WE ARE ALL EQUAL when you get down to the brass tax. If you say otherwise, gonna need some evidence from them outrageous claims. I have provided "some" for my claim

Oh, and attack the debate, not the debaters!

EDIT (To fix: form them outrageous... (to) from them outrageous...)

Of course we're equal! ive been saying that all along. if you read my previous posts, you'd know that. we all deserve equal rights, opportunities, knowlege and everything else. However, it is true that men are physically stronger and that science has shown through tests that females and males are different psychologically in some things. Dont have to get snippy.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
If women are stronger than men in actual life this thread wouldn't even be necessary. Or say, a feminist movement. We " men " don't go around saying we're stronger better whatever. That's irrelevant. Proof is not necessary.

Yes. Women gotta put up with stuffs that men doesn't have to deal with. Men have to deal with alot of awful stuffs women by right never have to deal with too. What does that argument even mean ? what is it that feminists want out of this kind of redundant debate ?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LuckyMe777

My intent was not to be snippy.

And I know that is your stance, which is why I was a little confused as to the response I got to my post.

Anyway, since we are on the same page, chalk another up to misunderstandings.

As for "physically stronger" I still could disagree:

She's Got Me Dancing

(On a side note, could I get a U2U from someone on how to properly embed a Youtube video, all I ever get is that blasted "black box" with link.)

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Always complaining..

No, i just dont like that all the guys these days are a bunch of pussies. I like hard fun and strength in guys.

And I like women who don't complain and are feminine.

Calling all men pussies negates both of those atributes in you doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I have it figured out...

Vacate Manhattan, NY. Construct huge fence enclosing island. Relocate the genetically pure men to this location.

If in the future semen was needed, the female seals and rangers could capture the wild male depending on predetermined criteria.

So the question becomes....should the women use darts or nets to capture the men?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Always complaining..

And I like women who don't complain and are feminine.

Calling all men pussies negates both of those atributes in you doesn't it?

Yeah but its sad when i cant find a real man these days. =[
you can find feminine women but i cant seem to find men because they're all womanly now.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

reply to post by LuckyMe777

My intent was not to be snippy.

And I know that is your stance, which is why I was a little confused as to the response I got to my post.

Anyway, since we are on the same page, chalk another up to misunderstandings.

As for "physically stronger" I still could disagree:

She's Got Me Dancing

(On a side note, could I get a U2U from someone on how to properly embed a Youtube video, all I ever get is that blasted "black box" with link.)

The average man is physically stronger than the average woman. I have never seen women doing city labor jobs. I have never seen a woman doing a garbage truck job. Ive never met a woman who has been a carpenter. Ive never seen womans football. I've never seen womens boxing. Even the strongest man is stronger than the strongest woman, why is this? Why is it that there are less women in the army, and less women in the police force and less women firefighters?
Thats because its all physical labor jobs and men seem to be best at it. If you really think that girls and men have the same body, you must be gay. Because its all about testosterone that men produce. It gives them more muscle mass, which makes them stronger. Now if you want to disagree with science here, and say that the average women is stronger or equal to the average man (physically), go for it. but you're wrong. Go ask your doctor next time you see him because you obviously know nothing about testosterone. And if women are stronger than men I guess i find it kind of funny that a woman could kick your ass. Because that is what you're basically saying.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

you can find feminine women but i cant seem to find men because they're all womanly now.

They are not "ALL" womanly. Maybe you should treat each person you meet, male or female' as a complete individual. That way, any preconceptions you have are not relevant when you meet someone new, and without those preconceptions you may be more open to having the "real man" you seek revealed to you.

Also, don't forget that sensitivity is a true asset in a man or a woman, don't knock it.

We are all our own worst enemies when it comes to these kind of things I think.

Give up the mental lists for people (wants), be as true to yourself as you can (needs), be as open as you can, and maybe what was meant to be will happen without the hurdles and barriers put up with the involvement of expectations. That way, anything that could be will be the best it can and few questions will need to be asked leaving you/us free to just...."be".

Like Anthony hopkins in the movie "Meet Joe Black" said:

"Lightening Strikes".

Is it best to hide indoors presuming it is dangerous, or better to go out and feel the power of it's electricity? I know what I choose.

And fyi...I am single and celibate, strong but sensitive, and even though I don't go seeking a relationship, I have not given up the opportunity to leave myself open to the chance it may happen. The difference now is that whoever I meet gets "me", the whole ball of wax, and "they" are a brand new person to me without any of the hopes and fears I used to carry with me before.

I do not prey for storms but feel alive when the sky is lit up with power. I do not run, I do not hide. What will be will be. Meanwhile...life is good and I no longer suffer from emotional termoil or a feeling of missing something.

Some may call me weak because of my celibacy or philosophy, but they do not know or understand what might be possible outside their own lives and jealousy is a terrible thing to harbour.

Good luck out there.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

The average man is physically stronger than the average woman.

Right, but men are not stronger than women. On average men are stronger than women. Big difference between those statements.

Originally posted by LuckyMe777I have never seen women doing city labor jobs. I have never seen a woman doing a garbage truck job. Ive never met a woman who has been a carpenter.

Someone needs to open their eyes then. Oh, and just because one person (you) did not see it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. (Remember that conversation on ignorance we were having?)

Ive never seen womans football. I've never seen womens boxing.

Again, open them eyes of yours!

Independant Women's Football League
www.womenboxing.com...

Why is it that there are less women in the army, and less women in the police force and less women firefighters?

Ahem:

CORRELATION DOES NOT EQUAL CAUSATION

If you really think that girls and men have the same body, you must be gay.

Must I? Why must you insult my sexuality now? Does it make you feel that "er" you are longing for? (BettER, StrongER?)

Because its all about testosterone that men produce. It gives them more muscle mass, which makes them stronger.

Source?

Now if you want to disagree with science here...

Nope, just your jaded views of science.

Now if you want to disagree with science here, and say that the average women is stronger or equal to the average man (physically), go for it. but you're wrong.

Source?

And if women are stronger than men I guess i find it kind of funny that a woman could kick your ass.

Heh, that woman I linked to could kick your ass. As well as those boxers that don't exist

I'm getting my ignorant gay stupid self ready for more insults.

EDIT (To fix: Quotes)

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Here are some more women that could kick asses:

Of course, the OP already stated they weren't talking about physical strength. And I stated that I was not either.

Yet, here we are, deep within a strawman!

The average man might be stronger than the average woman. (I have no data on this, so I don't claim it to be true. See how that works?)

"Asking a doctor" or "Proof by Authority" is no way to solve that missing data problem either. It is a start, but hardly the "fix".

Now, back to the topic. Which can not be beaten as easily as that strawman, hence the strawman's existance.

Women are not stronger than men. (That "magic" strength.) I refer to it as "willpower" or "constitution" or "fortitude".

Everyone, IS EQUAL. If you say otherwise, going to need proof. And for each example, I WILL be able to counter it. This topic has been a hobby of mine for a long time.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join