It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress debates biblical stance on immigration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I was under the impression that there was supposed to be seperation of church and state. Why is this even being brought up in congress? I think the bible should be the last thing on anybody's mind when making a decision on a law.

Iowa GOP Rep. Steve King, however, complained that for many reform advocates the only "biblically acceptable option ... seems to be open borders."

"I didn't realize that the Bible barred the enforcement of immigration laws and neither did I realize that it erased borders, demanded pathways to citizenship for illegal immigrants, or ... forbid the leaders of a nation from caring most about the well-being of its own citizens."

Biblical stance on immigration?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Yes absolutely. Religion should stay out of government. Great here we go with all the leviticus and deuteronomy quotes....

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Why is religion being discussed in the first place. People who desire to place religion within government policy have no place within Government in the first place.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

This crap pisses me off. Those freaking liberals will suck a babies brain out with a straw and think that it is a womans right when the bible clearly says you cannot murder, but then try to use the bible as justification for the rest of their agenda.

The bible clearly states murder is wrong.
The bible never mentions borders, or anything about the government forcing you to be your brothers keeper. The bible says individuals should chose to be their brothers keeper, but it never says you should aid and abet them in comission of a crime.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
It's amazing that so many of our so called leaders can lie, cheat, steal, drink, commit adultery, warmonger and whatever else we can think of, and then when they think it would justify some purpose they want to promote, try to bring God into the mix. We can sit here all day and quote scripture from any bible from any religion on earth and prove or disprove any theory we want.

If they really want to bring the bible into an argument about immigration, they need to call up Netanyahu. I'm sure he could tell them a thing or two about Israel's interpretation of what the bible says about borders and immigration. If the bible says anything about open borders, I think the Israeli's missed that part. I digress.

Congress needs to do what the voters sent them there to do, and that's govern. If they are so inept they can't do that, then we need to put someone in there that will. Sometimes I think I woke up after a long sleep and the world all went off their Thorazine all at once.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

Unfortunately, I don't think there will ever be true seperation of church and state. It seems crazy to me that these people in congress can even have a discussion like this without getting forced out of office. There should be no discussion of the bible to govern the people of the U.S.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
A nation is just a tool used for the few to systematically bully the majority. Ironically, illegal immigration, is not the cause of itself, but the effect of domestic social programs set up by the very morons that speak out against these immigrants. Anyone who thinks we can 'close the border' is ignorant of the facts, insane, stupid, or lying. There is too much incentive for the borders to remain open.

You can bring all the troops home, park them all on the border, and all you would get is a soviet-esque barricade about as full of holes as Dick Cheney's chest. No one ever crossed the Berlin wall

Biblically, I can't say exactly. I would say that to a God, the idea of a nation is kinda cute in a "hey look, baby is playing dress up" kind of way. A benevolent God, it would seem, would oppose the idea of oppression, thus the idea of a state controlled population.

I doubt, however, that modern "Christian" war-monkeys, with their chest pounding and affection of the use of violence to oppress others, are too concerned about this anyway.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZuluChaka

The bible clearly states murder is wrong.

Does it ....?

Originally posted by ZuluChaka

The bible never mentions borders,

Tell that to the Israeli`s.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I didn't realize that the Bible barred the enforcement of immigration laws and neither did I realize that it erased borders, demanded pathways to citizenship for illegal immigrants, or ... forbid the leaders of a nation from caring most about the well-being of its own citizens."

LOL

What bible is he reading?

That quote should basicaly be included in every preface of the christian bible.

Originally posted by ZuluChaka The bible clearly states murder is wrong.

LOLLOLOL

except when the jew god from the old testament does it right?

oh yeah and more lols at seperation of church and state, thats another line the american government has manage to sell to its people. The white house has always been filled with right wing christian fundamentalists.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Johnze]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

...this is to the ignorant ass hats:

Seperation of Church and State means the GOVERNMENT may not openly endorse one religion over others..

A Congressman using religion for his arguments is his first amendment right.. only when an actual piece of legislation openly endorses a speicifc piece of dogma pertaining to one specific religion would it be a violation of said seperation.....

He's allowed his views and beliefs, however wrong you may view them..

Progressivism truly is a disgusting disease in this country..

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Yes it does. It is one of the ten comandments. Try reading a bible sometime.

Also, for your sake. Hey Israel the bible never mentions leaving your borders undefended and letting anyone in that wants to come.

Are you happy now?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

except when the jew god from the old testament does it right?

Yeah I think when He does it He calls it judgement. Guess its good to be King.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by ZuluChaka]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
They will do anything to further their agenda.

"The greatest tyrannies are always perpetrated in the name of the noblest causes." -Thomas Paine

"A man should always have two reasons for doing anything: a good reason and the real reason" - J.P. Morgan

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
The bible on immigration is simple.....you have to become a citizen and there are measures and step in there for that regarding Israel.

But if they are going to go by this then they will be challenged to do other things according to the bible.

top topics

join