It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The infamous Turkey UFO a yacht?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Would it be discernible over several kilometres, at night, through a telephoto lens and no tripod?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

The problem of this being a yacht is unless it was black you should get some type of reflection from those lights on the lower part of the yacht. Also if you are anchored near a shipping lane you should have an anchor light on so that you will be seen from any other vessel so you don't have a problem of them not seeing you. I would think a nice yacht would be sure there was something on that would show others they are there.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I must say this is plausible. It was always way to good to be true. I could not put my finger on it. The footage looks real, it is just what is it thay bugged me.

I spent many hours on the sea at night looking thru binoculars at boats a long distance away.

If this was a designer shaped yacht, it all makes sense. The internal cabin lights and the appearance of floating above the horizon.

This is a common mirage on dead flat seas.

And the lighting of the video is compatible with the lighting from the moon reflecting on the deck of the boat.

I am a believer, although it the whole story didn't make sense.

Debunked in my eyes.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by serpentine
I must say this is plausible. It was always way to good to be true. I could not put my finger on it. The footage looks real, it is just what is it thay bugged me.

I spent many hours on the sea at night looking thru binoculars at boats a long distance away.

If this was a designer shaped yacht, it all makes sense. The internal cabin lights and the appearance of floating above the horizon.

This is a common mirage on dead flat seas.

And the lighting of the video is compatible with the lighting from the moon reflecting on the deck of the boat.

I am a believer, although it the whole story didn't make sense.

Debunked in my eyes.

The evidence proves the yacht theory WRONG!!!

but you let your belief outweigh the evidence?

you are off kilter dude

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a yacht would have:
sail
rail
liferafts
anchor
people
lights
boeys
a boat shape

BUT------------------

the turkey object has:
no sail
no rail
no liferafts
no anchor
no people
no lights (at night)
no boeys
no shape of a boat
not bobbing

CONCLUSION NOT A YACHT

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
If your wishes of it being yacht were true the following must be true:

A YACHT WITH NO SAIL
A YACHT WITH NO BOEY
A YACHT WITH NO ANCHOR
A YACHT WITH NO PEOPLE
A YACHT WITH NO LIGHTS
A YACHT THAT DOES NOT BOB
A YACHT THAT HAS NO ANTENNA
A YACHT THAT CAN DISAPPEAR

IF YOUR THEORY OF A YACHT IS TRUE
please prove the above

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
TO MAKE YOUR YACHT THEORY PLAUSABLE

YOU NEED TO DO THE FOLLOWING:
----
---

provide evidence of a yacht
provide a witness of a yacht
provide a photo of a yacht in the turkey footage
have the video analyzed again
ask Roger Leir if he saw a yacht
find a photo of a yacht with no sail or human beings on board

provide your first piece of footage of the yacht you are saying is there.

THERE YOU GO NOW PROVIDE THE EVIDENCE

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Yes, where -are- the anchor lights? It has to be anchored. It has lights on supposedly in the window. You are required to have a white anchor light as well, visible for I believe it's 2 miles, from the most noticeable spot (usually highest point).

I see no anchor light.

So, now we have a motionless boat at sea, which oddly has a light in the window, but no anchor lights.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by fleabit]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paradigm2012

THERE YOU GO NOW PROVIDE THE EVIDENCE

Interesting thread here! I havent been around this forum for a couple weeks and its good to look in and see some worthy material after a long dry spell.

OP Chadwickus : You pose a really good question. I see where youre coming from in that this one is just a little odd, a little too good to be true...a little...I dont know, weird...and you might be right.

Paradigm: You're doing a really good job of sucking me back into my previous feeling of this being one of the few quite possibly authentic UFO videos. However I feel like youre getting a little carried away here. I see what youre getting at and for the most part I think Im still with you but your haphazard and erratic posting behavior is damaging your credibility.

And this is coming from someone who is mostly on your side. I can tell you know what youre talking about but respectfully, maybe you should take it down a notch or two.

That said you guys have compelling arguments from both sides. Ive said it in alot of other posts but I feel like when it comes down to alot of this UFO theory stuff it ends up being a personal choice of our own as to what we see. NO matter what is portrayed some of us will always see that UFO and some will see that yacht.

Even when all logic or evidence points one way or the other we're just going to believe what we believe. It doesnt mean Im jumping on my UFO soapbox to tell the world though. For now Im going to hold on to the UFO idea. Later on today after some breakfast and more coffee I may gravitate to the Yacht idea but for now this is where Im at. Thanks for the lively debate guys.

Just my opinion!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I found this quite interesting and thought I would share for those who say it is a yacht.

Lights for vessels anchored and aground
A vessel at anchor must display an all-round white light or one ball and at the stern and at a lower level than the first light, an all-round white light.

This is from The International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea.
and here is the link to wikipedia if you want to see for yourself.

en.wikipedia.org...

This is one of the big reasons that this is not a yacht, because every yacht captain knows they must have an anchor lite on while anchored and that is any where in the world.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
I found this quite interesting and thought I would share for those who say it is a yacht.

Lights for vessels anchored and aground
A vessel at anchor must display an all-round white light or one ball and at the stern and at a lower level than the first light, an all-round white light.

This is from The International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea.
and here is the link to wikipedia if you want to see for yourself.

en.wikipedia.org...

This is one of the big reasons that this is not a yacht, because every yacht captain knows they must have an anchor lite on while anchored and that is any where in the world.

good post finally someone with some common sense

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
So I would have to say that the yacht theory was a good one, but I don't think it was good enough. As you can see in the vids and pics that are shown there is not one navigational light or anchor light being shown. If you can show me the anchor lights or navigation lights in the video or pics shown I will then admit I was wrong, but I don't think I will have to do that. No it does not matter where you anchor you need an anchor light. And with the distance this thing is from shore a yacht would have to have an anchor light visible. No light, No yacht.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Paradigm2012

Good find...I feel ya.

Like I said before for some people that little nugget of evidence will never be enough. Even when combined with many others.

Watch, somehow the Wikipedia thing will soon be discredited. I have a feeling this debate is nowhere near over.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Paradigm2012

If you have been around boats and waterways for any length of time you would know that certain lights have to be used while underway or anchored, I guess that is one thing that they did not check into before trying to say it is debunked. It is funny only took me a very short amount of time to find this information. They don't put those lights on there just because they are pretty. They are on there for a reason.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by noisemedia

They can try to debunk the wikipedia info, but it is not just on that site because they also have them in writing also. Hell I thought wikipedia was the gospel for this site since it is referenced so much.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Im sorry but it doesn't look anything like a yacht.Besides if thats a window it must be 50 feet wide.Or has the yacht turnd over and there is a little window in the floor.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I guess this bit of evidence will be hard to debunk now I guess.I would still like to see the hard evidence to show this is a yacht, and if you can show it that will be great. I say good hunting and hope you find something. You don't have to be right all the time. Although it is good when you are. This is not directed at anyone in particular or a personal jab so don't get your britches in a wad I am just having fun with you.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Paradigm2012: Quit spamming the friggin thread. It's completely understood what your position is. You're acting like a child.
When I read a thread, I expect to read opinions and debate.. I'm sure many others feel the same.

---- I like the boat idea though I'm not sold on it yet. The lights and height of the "craft" seem to defy a yacht theory thus far.

b

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join