It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The infamous Turkey UFO a yacht?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paradigm2012

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Paradigm2012

No supporting evidence?

You just read the title of the thread didn't you?

"OMG YACHT! NOOOOOO MUST DERAIL THREAD TO KEEP MY FANTASIES ALIVE!!"

YOUR OBSERVATIONS HAVE BEEN PROVEN WRONG AGAIN

WOW draw a straight line between the dog and the lights an that means the dog is looking at it

The dog could have been barking for any reason or even be barking at something closer in the water you cant tell because of the usual CRAP quality which is typical of ufo and youtbe videos in general.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Ok, after watching the footage again, i still fail to see how this could be a yacht...at least in terms of shape, and the lights also don't look like anything i've ever seen on a boat before...i could be wrong, of course.
Can someone provide video footage of a yacht, similar to the sightings?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Paradigm2012

The method used to enlarge the video to prove they are aliens is FLAWED you cannot keep zooming in and retain detail to many of you guys watch to much CSI and movies

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
I found this quite interesting and thought I would share for those who say it is a yacht.

Lights for vessels anchored and aground
A vessel at anchor must display an all-round white light or one ball and at the stern and at a lower level than the first light, an all-round white light.

This is from The International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea.
and here is the link to wikipedia if you want to see for yourself.

en.wikipedia.org...

This is one of the big reasons that this is not a yacht, because every yacht captain knows they must have an anchor lite on while anchored and that is any where in the world.

good post finally someone with some common sense

Of course we all know that everyone always follow all rules and regulations thats why we have never had any accidents at sea ,no planes colliding on runways and nobody killed in speeding cars, rules are great aren't they.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I always thought there was something iffy about this 'sighting' because it never moved an inch while it was filmed.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I just don't understand how this guy was able to shoot this UFO day after day after day and he was the only one with footage? Why didn't he get a buddy of his with another camera so that we have two simultaneous shots from 2 different angles?

If this thing were real there would be more footage from other witnesses.

I have nothing to back up my claims but I seriously doubt this to be the smoking gun.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

TO MAKE YOUR YACHT THEORY PLAUSABLE

YOU NEED TO DO THE FOLLOWING:
----
---

provide evidence of a yacht
provide a witness of a yacht
provide a photo of a yacht in the turkey footage
have the video analyzed again
ask Roger Leir if he saw a yacht
find a photo of a yacht with no sail or human beings on board

provide your first piece of footage of the yacht you are saying is there.

THERE YOU GO NOW PROVIDE THE EVIDENCE

To prove UFO theory, you need to do the following

provide evidence of a UFO
provide a witness of a UFO
provide a photo of a UFO in the turkey footage
have the video analyzed again
ask Roger Leir if he saw a UFO
find a photo of a UFO with non human beings on board

provide your first piece of footage of the UFO you are saying is there.

Prove that UFO's even exist (we know yachts exist)
Prove that there is any species that would even create a UFO
Prove that this footage wasn't a hoax from day 1
Prove that there was no cgi used
Prove that his camera was working properly
Prove that he was only filming 1 object
Prove that even if it wasn't a yacht, that its not man made
prove that the angle he was filming from wouldn't have hidden any anchor lights

go ahead and do those things in your next post and maybe ill consider not ignoring you for being an idiot.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by serpentine

My first impression, when this video first appeared, was that this was a perfect example of a superior mirage. As seen in this image, a superior mirage causes objects to appear to float above the surface of the water.

If the object being seen is low enough, or even over the horizon, only the inverted mirage image is seen.

A superior mirage most often occurs in the early morning hours, when the layer of air close to the surface of the water has been cooled and has a warmer layer of air above it. Exactly as seen in the video.

The lights could be a single vessel, or even a group of small fishing skiffs. The type seen in the foreground.

[edit on 7/17/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

interesting ... nice work bro, does look very much like the video

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
well this is what i think, and its not a speed boat, the reason is simple it was just to high and the thing seem to appear and disappear at will

Turkish UFO at night !

[edit on 17-7-2010 by aspx]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

First of all your source Andres Duarte is not a ufo researcher but a second grade
skeptic a classic “Can't debunk this , will invent” who may be called also armchair.
I'm very surprised you brought this individual here with nothing but 100% speculation,
your dissapointed me. Now about your extremely weak imported theory.

QUOTE: “I've always felt that this object was too low to be anything airborne”

Really? How about a UFO, what about perspective, how can you meassure too low, how
would you define airborne or not by watching a video without being at the location as
a witness. What you feel may not be right because what you feel is not a fact, nothing
of the arguments constitute a fact, you were not there so there is no way you can
prove anything as a fact, just an assumption based in a hunch a guessing.

QUOTE: Andrés has calculated the direction the object was seen by using the moon and
the shoreline as references:

Sorry that was done already during the investigation of this incident, I'm surprised you
didn't know this, try to do a better research next time.

And what about the Andres Duarte alleged analysis? Very simple, AND WHERE IS THE
ALLEGED YACHT? Show a single photograph of the alleged yacht Mr. Duarte.
Another skeptic even claimed this was in fact lights from an oil platform in the sea
even that they are not oil platforms in that location, ridicule. Where is the evidence.

Attention - The whole allegation by skeptic Andres Duarte is based in a single
argument, the supposed existence of a mysterious yacht in the sea capable of making
an illusion like the one captured on video, AND HOW DOES DUARTE KNOW THIS?
He doesn't know, not as a fact wich equals to this: 100% Speculation = ZERO.

Of course because this individual named Andres Duarte doesn't know as a FACT that
there was a mysterious yacht in the sea at that time but this simple cheap explanation
suits his need to debunk the case. He as usual invents the explanation and waits to see
who are the ones to belive his 100% absence of facts but 100% pure speculation bait.
Therefore I ask you again: Where is the yacht, who is the owner, what was doing at
that time allegedly sailing or stationed in that location etc. etc. But I must ask directly
to skeptic Andres Duarte: Did you bother to check with the naval authorities of the port
in Istanbul if there was a registered yacht or ship at that location, that day at that exact
time? Of course not. This individual named Andres Duarte was just in his armchair
trying to figure out how to explain an incident without making any research at all.

Then I ask you again: Where is the alleged yacht. to whom this yacht belongs to?
If this lights were indeed a yacht or ship like skeptic Duarte claims the information must
be there at the naval records in Istanbul, why haven't you checked this out. Simple.

QUOTE: Now, most people probably won't buy the yacht explanation.

You are absolutely right, people won't buy absurde ridicule allegations without hard
evidence, people don't buy speculations. This incident is waiting to be explained with
facts but nothing has been provided to date.

QUOTE: The infamous Turkey UFO a yacht?

You wrote it wrong, it is not infamous BUT famous. You want proof? Just see
this thread and see how it is growing fast, why? Simply because this is a famous case
or should I say a popular case among the people. For you of course is infamous
because you want so desperately to debunk this sighting that any resource even a
naive one like the illusory yacht will help you, but things are different and people are
not idiots. Show us a single photo of the alleged yacht, show us the log of the naval
from Istanbul, show us the information of the mysterious yacht. If you fail then you
must accept you are speculating, simple.

Anyway it seems your thread has awakened the desired and I could say the expected
response, yes why not after all as I say not infamous but famous Kumburgaz incident,
5 pages, 13 flags plus stars in short time and counting. GOOD, then enjoy your party.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by free_spirit]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by aspx

Now compare what you drew to this:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

mirages do not happen at night, you can't tie this with a mirage

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by aspx

what is it with people drawing random lines and using it as their evidence ... seriously wtf guys ???

this is about the lowest point i have ever seen on this site ... thats 2 people in the 1 thread drawing lines and claiming it as evidence ... wow guys just wow

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Just so I don't misunderstand this you say that a superior mirage would be a cause of these pictures. As I understand it by looking at your examples the image is inverted to look upside down in relation to the original object right. Ok then why does the pic of the original object look as though you are looking at it directly with the top of it (rounded edge)where the top would be. In fact the object is not flipped as you have shown in your examples so how does a superior mirage work in this situation.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by aspx

The part of the video being discussed occurs at just before dawn. Notice that the point of land is visible, as are a few other things.

But are you sure that mirages don't happen at night?

We tend to observe mirages most often during the daylight, but superior mirage conditions commonly occur during the night. Indeed, inversion formation is much more frequent during the night hours, at times occurring nightly for long stretches. The advent and spread of artificial light sources during the twentieth century, particularly moving light sources such as the headlights of cars and trucks, can produce some interesting visions.

www.islandnet.com...

A famous superior mirage is the Fata Morgana , most frequently seen in the Strait of Messina between Italy and Sicily. However, Fata Morgana's are also frequent in deserts, after night time radiation has cooled down the sand to temperatures lower than the air above. Distant objects appear extremely elongated, giving the impression of buildings and towns in the distance. This phenomenon is also known as 'castles in the air'.

www.weatheronline.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by aspx

Nice rendering you have there.Right to the point.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

In particular I'm talking about this portion of the video:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The Yacht theory could be verified easily if someone would go there, place a Yacht exactly there and film it at night, that's all. But i guess this won't solve the dawn sighting with those five lights.

I remember that TÜBITAK had an investigation of the video material and came to the conclusion that it is no CGI or "fake".

To me, the explanation of a Yacht is quite convincing.

Also keep in mind that if he wouldn't have zoomed in so extremely all that would be on tape would be a blurry dot.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

no other light sources, you cant tie it to a UFO, we are talking about a object high up that disappears and appears at will and its night time, superior mirage can not do something like this, how would you explain the moon behind the object ?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join