It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The infamous Turkey UFO a yacht?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Whatever happened to the civil ways of making an argument

Come on guys its called an UFO, USO since nobody knows what it is. It might be anything ranging from a shower head to a wrecked ship to even an alien craft, how about submarine near by well it could be anything. And thats why the whole yatch thing dosent fit

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Hehe cool..Jaimee came to my neighbourhood. I should have invited him to have a tea.
Unfortunatly you might be right. The appearance of him made me suddenly suspicious about this case.
Maybe Haktan (president of Sirius) wants to make some money, but infact I still think that he is a honest person who is a little bit too excited. But you can never know a person in these days..
Anyway, if the next big ufo conference will be held in istanbul, you are all my guest..

[edit on 18-7-2010 by deccal]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
ATS Team:

Well I never.....

Jaime was in Turkey to promote the "Turkey UFO".

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b9392d866d7b.jpg[/atsimg]

Why would he do that?

Who might be there helping him?

I wonder if the Istanbul Space & UFO centre might like to share in the publicity & the $?

I wonder how they might sell more tickets to their big UFO congress at the centre?

Gee whiz.....such tough questions.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

I wish you wouldnt be so coy and post exactly what you think is going on with Maussan so I can understand. I've seen you bring his name up in a few different threads recently. That video you posted screen caps from was filmed over
7 months ago. It doesnt seem to be some knd of recent marketing ploy for the conference or congress, whatever it is. He reported on the sighting and announcement of research center like thousands of other radio shows, tv shows, and websites did. From my rough translation of the video he didnt even mention any conference or congress hosted by that research center in the video. We should probably translate the video before jumping to conclusions. I've looked up some stuff on Maussan but I think you may have better intel on why he is a fraud and hopefully evidence for such serious claims.

*ETA - Maybe you could even make a thread on the subject?

[edit on 18-7-2010 by ziggyproductions05]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
One thing that still gets me is the barking dog on the beach how many times have u seen a dog on the beach and boats in the water and yet they never seemed bothered about them. Also i dont get in the video .. at one point its pitch black .. and then when you see the lights above the sea its like .. light ? are they two seperate videos put together ?

Sorry just looked at the video again and i see the dates on it .. goes from may 13th to the 17th. So over a 4 day period .. only one person has captured this ?

[edit on 18-7-2010 by ThePeaceMaker]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Ziggyproductions05.....

Maussan is a massive fraud.

I will post some info.

I'll just need a few minutes.....I'm having some tech problems.

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
ATS Team:

Well…..will you look at this…..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6b5a48c10fe5.jpg[/atsimg]

It’s Jaime & a “friend”.

I wonder who the friend could be? I wonder if it’s somebody we know who’s here supporting this Turkey UFO case?

If that was the case, why would they do that? Hang on, maybe they’re selling a DVD & promoting a conference or two. Let’s see…..

Jaime Maussan & Santiago Garza Presents ET: The New Agenda DVD Jaime and Santiago will present an exclusive report of UFOs in space, the continuing wave of UFOs in Mexico, the most spectacular sighting in 2009 and an update on the investigation of the Metepec Creature with DNA analysis. They will show four 2009 shuttle missions by NASA showing a variety of UFOs and anomalies during the transmissions. A 2009 documented report of the most spectacular UFO sightings from Mexico with new videos, photos and interviews featuring the amazing May 22, 2009 UFO releasing spheres over Mexico City, an unprecedented UFO sighting videotaped by two different witnesses, impressive footages and interviews on locations - a must see for everyone. They will give a special report from Turkey and Italy where the UFO activity has been specially intense in 2009, with new amazing videos and a tour for the UFO hot spots. Lastly, they will give an updated report with new developments in the investigation of the Metepec Creature, a strange being captured in a veterinarian ranch in Metepec , Mexico . The results of the scientific examinations and DNA analysis confirming this is a creature of an unknown species. And more surprises in this unique conference by Jaime and Santiago

www.youtube.com...

Well, pass me the popcorn!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker
One thing that still gets me is the barking dog on the beach how many times have u seen a dog on the beach and boats in the water and yet they never seemed bothered about them. Also i dont get in the video .. at one point its pitch black .. and then when you see the lights above the sea its like .. light ? are they two seperate videos put together ?

Sorry just looked at the video again and i see the dates on it .. goes from may 13th to the 17th. So over a 4 day period .. only one person has captured this ?

ThePeaceMaker.....

The "sighting" was across a 2 year period.

.....and yes, only 1 person filmed it. :shk:

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
At 4:30 into this video:

www.in.com...

We can clearly see the magically floating, invisible yacht in all it's glory.

Dont upset the professional "debunkers"...

Its obviously some chinese lanterns. Someone is having a party in his private invisible yacht and fires up some lanterns for kicks. It could also be a helicopter, russian missiles, optical illusion or magic swamp gas.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

ThePeaceMaker.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

ooooh
thats a real shame as i really liked this video, especially the dog barking but now im beginning to wonder if its all poo poo

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Just because the leech of UFOlogy, who comes into any case and sucks the life out of it, is interested in this case, shouldn't bring suspicion to it.

It's a real pity when cases with some merit and actual evidence, are muddied and given a bad name by association with this guy. But just because HE is trying to cash in or get his name involved in the case, shouldn't take away from the case itself imo.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

ThePeaceMaker.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

That just screams hoax !

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Jaime Maussan & Santiago Garza Presents ET: The New Agenda DVD Jaime and Santiago will present an exclusive report of UFOs in space, the continuing wave of UFOs in Mexico, the most spectacular sighting in 2009 and an update on the investigation of the Metepec Creature with DNA analysis.
Well, pass me the popcorn!
Well of course he has to sell DVDs to cover his expenses, like travel to Turkey and the cost of the Metepec hoax, or is it creature? No, I think hoax:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

“It’s just the corpse of a skinned squirrel-monkey...

“Mr Mario quickly sold it to Maussán for 300.000 pesos [U$23,000], as you can see after four years they still can’t realize it’s a hoax.”

I don't know if the Turkey UFO video is a hoax or not, but I'm not sure it meets the definition of a UFO. Doesn't the F stand for "flying"? And as so many people have pointed out, if it's perfectly stationary and never moves, can it really be flying? Even if I see stationary lights suspended above the water, the fact that they are stationary doesn't lead me to believe they are flying. I really don't see anything that rules out a mirage of some sort, and mirages can undulate, fade in and out, cause distortions in shape, etc. In fact temperature inversions are extremely common, contrary to the opinion of posters in this thread who have suggested otherwise.

Temperature Inversions

Temperature inversions are very common. They occur on almost all calm clear nights and, less frequently, under certain daytime conditions. A principal mechanism whereby they form at night is the transport of heat away from the earth's surface by infrared radiation.

Yes folks, they commonly form at night, though they can form in the daytime too. Someone earlier listed places where they "commonly form" and claimed this video was not made in one of those places. The statistics reviewed in the Condon report on temperature inversions show the places where they "commonly" form happen a higher percentage of the time and places where they don't form so commonly still happen some percentage of the time!

www.project1947.com...

That graph shows that the frequency of temperature inversions does vary by geographic location, but nowhere is the frequency zero. So even in places where they are not "common", they still can happen 25% of the time, and in places where they are common they can happen over 50% of the time. Sorry I don't have such a map for Turkey and doubt one exists but if you've got it, please post it. If it does exist I'm reasonably confident that it won't show any areas with zero frequency of temperature inversions.

They can also be caused by certain weather patterns which can cause the inversions to re-appear as long as the specific weather pattern persists. Such a weather pattern occurred in the summer of 1952 near Washington DC when there were an amazing number of "UFO" sightings which were probably mirages of reflected lights.

www.cufon.org...

Unusual weather conditions prevailing in the Washington area during the summer of 1952 were exceptionally conducive to the formation of these phenomena.
And what did we see in the summer of 1952? Some fuzzy lights and radar reflections floating in the sky, which were likely reflections from a temperature inversion.

So is the Turkey video a mirage? I don't know. But it has more characteristics of a mirage than a flying saucer or even a UFO, either of which has the characteristic of "flying" which the taped object seems to lack.

Oh and to the poster who said the "Image Pre-evaluation Report" from Tubitak states the Turkey video is not a mirage, please re-read the report, it does NOT say that.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
Yes folks, they commonly form at night, though they can form in the daytime too. Someone earlier listed places where they "commonly form" and claimed this video was not made in one of those places. The statistics reviewed in the Condon report on temperature inversions show the places where they "commonly" form happen a higher percentage of the time and places where they don't form so commonly still happen some percentage of the time!

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Arbitrageur]

The exact same mirage twice, a year a part to the date +/-? Why is it that everything is possible, yet you ignore the odds of probability?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Did you miss the data? Go back a bit, you'll find it.
The weather data shows hot days and cool nights. Exactly the conditions that cause temperature inversions.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Perhaps. Do you recall who posted it? I will check in the meantime but I've got to get on with my day soon. FYI, because I'm horrible at math, I sent off this question to some math gurus to calculate the odds. Exact weather archives would be useful to put the mirage explanation to bed.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by FlySolo]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

As a matter of fact, I do recall.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I remember you showing a graph for that time period but can't find anything else. Besides, this event happened twice a year apart so I want to see the data for both. As for the hot/cold air, we must know the exact temperature variance to produce this effect. Air just above the ocean will always be cooler yet we don't have superior mirages every day. They are rare.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

The archive data is there.
The only thing required to produce a superior mirage is a temperature inversion. They are not rare. They may not happen every day but so what? Why would they shoot a video when it wasn't happening?

[edit on 7/18/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Right, thanks for that. However, we need two temperatures to compare. The ocean and the air above it for all the dates of this sighting. Got to run but I will do my homework if I can. I would accept this but the lights on the object are far too strange.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by fleabit

The maker of the video is a night watchman.

Correction, the videographer (not maker, to say maker confuses the people) named
Yalcin Yalman was a security guard working at that Kumburgaz resort for many years.
Yalcin Yalman is the main witness of the sightings in the three year period, of course
there are other witnesses who have been presented giving their testimonials but let's
focus our attention to the main character of this case Yalcin Yalman. Both security
guard and skywatcher while on duty. It results very dissapointing that NOBODY and
I say NOBODY cares to mention the videographer's name here, surprising and very
sad. The man came forward telling his story, showing his evidences, compromising
himself to any investigation, judgement and conclusions first in Turkey and later
worldwide and he still is so for God's sake people MENTION THE VIDEOGRAPER'S
NAME. If Yalcin Yalman deserves those critics he also deserves the credits, if somebody
wants to crucify him for telling his story at least SAY HIS NAME, that is fair and just.

Now to the subjet of the infamous, famous or whatever yacht allegation it is very
simple. Andres Duarte is an individual who claims Yalcin Yalman confused a yacht for
unknown lights. Yalcin Yalman worked as a security guard for many years at that
resort in Kumburgaz. Yalcin Yalman watched thousands of boats, ships, etc. in the
sea from his location view every day every night for years, he was accoustumed
and trained to see every kind of ship every size in those years period. In a tv interview
Yalcin Yalman was asked if he thought this sighting could be some kind of ship in
the sea and he responded: No way, I know ships in the sea, have seen many types
and sizes, ships move or when stationed the moved before to get to that point and
moved after, ships are on the water, these lights were above the water above the
sea level and they suddenly appeared and suddenly dissapeared there is not a
posibility for any ship to do that and I know what I'm saying I have been working
there for years.”

But then from nowehere appears this individual named Andres Duarte who lives to the
other side of the world and who has never been in Turkey or Kumburgaz and this guy
claims that Yalcin Yalman is confused, doesn't know what a ship in the sea looks
like, isn't capable to distinguish lights from a yacht in the sea, GIVE US A BREAK !!
Of course this individual Andres Duarte claims he is the smart one who will solve the
mystery, the owner of the ultimate knowledge and who got inside Yalcin Yalman's mind
and figured out how he confused a yacht as a naive ignorant and incompetent person,
well Andres Duarte you are a fake, period.

It is very well known that skeptics all the time work under the premise that people and
UFO witnesses are fools, retarded, naive, eccentrics, incapable of distinguish birds,
planes, lanterns, balloons etc. hallucinated people telling incredible tales, these are the
typical arguments of the skeptics to disqualify people who witness UFOs even that they
are millions I repeat millions all over the world for more than 60 years, and yet all of
them and I mean ALL of them are a bunch of lunatics according to skeptics, what a
pathetic position, I would suggest to them (those skeptics) to be more humble and
recognize historic facts.

Once again everybody please MENTION THE VIDEOGRAPHER'S NAME Yalcin Yalman and
stay on topic.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join