It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did all those vehicles go...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
A few weeks ago there were thousands of white box trucks on this airfield.

To me it looks as if they have been individually edited out.

First question I have is Why edit google maps if there was nothing of interest.

And second. Where did the trucks go if they have not been edited out.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Zaanny]

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Zaanny]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
That looks like they were edited out. Anyone live near there that can verify this one way or another? Are all the trucks still there in real life?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaanny

could you provide a link? i want to first see on google for myself, not that i dont trust you, its just that how do i know you didnt edit them out?

though i recall seeing the lines of vans, and am interested very much so in your information and investigation.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Don't you know?

Now that CNN knows that ATS knows/finds things, we are being used as a source of information, just as journalism has traditionally sniffed out leads. That is very validating, and we should be honored by it.

Since our information is being verified, it means we are a legitimate source of leads and local eyewitness reports much of the time before mainstream even knows an event has happened. They (MSM) are recognizing this.

That's why I call ATS the most democratic society. We may believe in ideal utopias, but what we have here is the closest thing to pure democracy, First Amendment-wise, that is.

Also, our site owners and mods actually interact and care what we think, what we do, and what we request. That's the great upside of democracy when it is real. To be fair to all, generalizations have to happen, but we police ourselves, and grow thicker skins for it.

Which is all good.

Which is what the mainstream media now knows, and we should realize it.

This is a good time to remember that what we say online is public. Anyone can search it, and we should be responsible with our words.

As far as ethics, that's where the rubber meets the road. Many ATSers will not have to worry about modifying their style for a larger audience, because they already have respect, knowledge, honor, altruism, and a sense of tolerance.

Bravo, ATS. Don't get stage fright, anyone. And keep your facts clean!

Back on topic:

When someone finds out about these vehicles, please let us know?

It won't be long before lots of things are gone from Google Earth without anyone noticing their presence first. So it's safer to assume that, as usual, what we see is not entirely accurate on Google Earth, especially since we have let them know that lots of people are watching, and that things are being noticed.

Also, whoever is in charge of these vehicles now let US know that they are significant enough to hide.

Fears of domestic terrorism? Fears of international terrorism? Could be either or both, a tempting and easy target for a weak-minded person or group? The thing that bothers me is what I see as a brazen slap in the face.

It would be better if they simply overlaid or Photoshopped the entire lot. To me, we are being treated as idiots. Editing one car at a time, really?

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Copperflower]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaanny

Check out this thread........

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Covers what you ask about and a whole lot more.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Zaanny

Check out this thread........

Covers what you ask about and a whole lot more.

Good reference there, ButcherGuy. You always stay on top of things!

I remembered that too but didn't remember the thread name. Nice to know for sure that these Pegasus people have access to Google Earth, lol.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Copperflower

Yes.

I think that the new google pics look 'odd', almost like someone took an eraser to a color newspaper photo. I dug up some info about Pegasus and what they were doing at the airport, see this post:

I gave up on it, but there is something fishy there. Pegasus is also involved in offshore drilling.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Having been a long time Photoshop user I can say that yes, the original pics have been edited and quite poorly (note the white blobs).
If they're not up to anything bad why hide them?
More evidence that something is not right in the Gulf area.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
On the one hand, it looks like they've been edited out; on the other, it looks like the vans have moved and uncovered patches of dry tarmac where it rained while the vans were stil there.

There are a few strange things on the picture though - white lines, another 'dry patch' in the middle, away from any vans, and that long white thing on the far right.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I'm not sure how long ago googles street view went through there, but you can clearly see the cars if you walk the street next to the strip:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/da1ab92665bc.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
You can use Google Earth's historical imagery to find out the date ranges for when thing were taken.

Here's one area as of January 31, 2006:

As of November 12, 2007:

As of December 30, 2007:

As of January 27, 2008:

As of March 30, 2010:

So they accumulated over time and went away sometime between January 27, 2008 and March 30, 2010.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Also, did you all see the public letter put out by the people who own the land?

reynoldspark.com...

Looks like that was in 2009, and he mentions that the auto processing company that was importing Kias is no longer a tenant. Makes sense that they vehicles would be gone as of the 2010 imagery, then.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
And they left lightened spots on the tarmac where they were parked.

NORMALLY, the sun bleaches things that are NOT shaded.

And Kia apparently sells and stores only white vehicles.....

Seems normal.........NOT!

[edit on 16-7-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
And they left lightened spots on the tarmac where they were parked.

NORMALLY, the sun bleaches things that are NOT shaded.

And Kia apparently sells and stores only white vehicles.....

ROFL nicely said

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguyAnd Kia apparently sells and stores only white vehicles.....

Look at the pictures in the PDF I linked to. New cars are usually covered in that white material to protect them during transport.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

I have seen cars being transported before, they are not 'covered in the plastic film, only the portions that tend to get scuffed during shipping.

If you think there isn't anything fishy going on at that airport with Pegasus,
check out this post with info that I found about the place....

If you look at the photos of the Kia vehicles (purportedly) shown attached to the letter from the property owner, you will see that the vehicles in the photos are not at all uniform, as far as length(and color!) width, basically they are all different models.

In the google shots, you will notice the TOTAL uniformity of the vehicles.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by chaakin

I live in a town with a plant producing full-size pickups and SUVs, and they are sometimes covered and sometimes not. I've seen the transports loaded with one or the other or both.

As a photoshop user myself, I looked at it and compared it to the original. You can see some lines through what has been described as "erasure". It's where cars were, and can be seen in any large busy parking lot. Like this one outside our local Macy's.

And the white line is a row of shipping containers. There is another part of the lot in all the pictures full of the things. It's a shpping company after all.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

You haven't looked very hard if you've never seen them covered in the white wrap.

Here's what they look like:

Or:

Or:

Or:

When photographed from above, they look white, obviously.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k

It's a shpping company after all.

It is also a place that trains people who work for an accounting firm from New York to fly surveillance planes. Look into Pegasus.....

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I would like to thank everyone for that chimed in on the picture from google earth.

I saw the other thread on the cars on the tarmac and as you can see tword the end of the thread I put in this info and no one touched it for days.

I apologize if it is a repeat but I wanted to refresh the ATS hive mind that there might be something here.

Now some questions back from the people that replied...

If they were KIA's, new vehicles are transported with white vinyl stickers on them to protect from scratches.

But the stickers are only put is specific places like fenders and bumpers not the WHOLE vehicle...

If the vehicles were recently moved it would seem to me that the shadow spots that they left in the tarmac would be darker than the tarmac. Not lighter like the picture shows.

Now correct me if I am wrong but Google is the only corporation that has access to google maps to have authority to edit out each and every van.

Just awnser this question....

Why edit the picture if there is nothing of importance?

...or nothing to hide

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join