It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party Reveals its Racism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

I'll say it a third time - The MSM's labelling of the Tea Party as a group of racists has tricked people into believing it is about racism and ALSO brought out true racists to join the party. Re-read that again if you need to my friend.

Whether or not this guy is a racist is a pointless argument. Who gives a ****? He can claim to represent the Tea Party, and maybe he represents what the MSM has turned the Tea Party into, but the very beginnings of the Tea Party were before Obama was even in the picture, I think 2002 or 2004.

---- The rest is unrelated to our discussion -----

Hot damn the conspiracy theorist in my just had an idea. Was Obama picked by TPTB to put a stop to the growing amount of displeasure towards the government that was growing during the Bush era? The Tea Party was around, though I'm not sure how much steam they really had, but maybe TPTB picked a non-white-skinned president so they could directly attack and slander the white folks who were voicing their displeasure at the Bush administration.

I will say, it has slightly works. It has made me hold my tongue on criticizing a lot of what Obama does, other than on anonymous message boards. (Side note : World of Warcraft message boards have now made it mandatory to use your real name while posting). I don't hold my tongue because I'm racist, I hold my tongue because it would suck *** to be considered a racist person when you're not. It's just a battle I would rather not have because it is pointless and once people think it, it doesn't really matter what happens afterwards. Ehhh, I'll shut up. Maybe I should make a thread of my own for all this. We just need to put all the pieces together people. All the small things are working together. And we need to vote Libertarian. Start with limiting government and we start with stopping their craptastic agenda.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFinalTruth14

Sweet I am also of american indian decent. I am ojibwa indian.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by K J Gunderson

It seems it only applies to whites, I was really offended by Mrs Obama's statements.....and yup, she's a racist. I'd like an apology and for her to step down, tell me how wrong she was and make a donation to a white organization. Won't happen, after all it was directed at us racist whites and after all what white organization could she donate to?

Question - which statement from the first lady are you referring to?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I support the tea party and what they should do is make an example out of this idiot and ban him from the movement. I see that he is being sarcastic, but he is also being racist at the same time. When you start saying all blacks think the same way then you are being just as racist as a man who says all white people feel a certain way about something.

I doubt he intended to be racist, but for the sake of the movement they need to ostracize him. If a person like him is too stupid to keep from shooting themselves in the foot then they are a danger to themselves and the movement and that cannot be tolerated. What the hell was he thinking?

To the OP, you cannot attribute one idiots remarks to the entire party. I hardly believe that even 1% of the tea party view the world this way. The fact is there are a lot of sorry ass white people who want the government to provide everything for them as well so its really pointless for the author of fake letter to try to pin it on blacks. Look how many white marxists Obama has working for him for proof of what I say.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by ZuluChaka]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
There is no "Tea party" And anyone claiming to be a spokesperson for a non existent party is full of crap.
The protests are largely locally organized by joe and jane 6 pack.
Sure some elements within the repubes are trying to hijack it, But the average person who identifys with the tea party movement thinks both partys are corrupt.
I see it as the dawning of Libertarian principles.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Tinkertrain

Now I see there isn't any room for a real conversation with you.

The wording was racist at the beginning. I explained that away.

Obviously, I just misunderstood. I asked for clarity and none was to come.

Now since he is a rich white man he has no place to call out the black race for the obvious wrong they are doing to the memory of their ancestors who they are supposedly so proud of.

That is not exactly what I said now is it? I said as a rich white man, he has no business speaking FOR them...

I guess only a black man can tell when the black race are dishonoring the memory of a proud people who fought for hundreds of years to get the same rights that the white man enjoys.

Only a black man can write a letter in the voice of a former american black slave, yes.

Nope a white man cant see the wrong being done. We are to racist for that.

Can you read?

I did my best to explain to you in simple terms the message. You just want to see racism so I will leave you to it.

I probably got the guy all wrong.

The fact that a vile Mark Williams is a spokesman for anything trying to appear civil is indicative of the far extreme right nature of the Tea Party crowd. A man who's called African Americans too lazy to get out of the way from Hurricane Katrina should have been enough to have disqualified him for ever commenting on the issue of race in America. But NPR does it's duty in mainstreaming disgusting characters like Mark to the public. beign a racist really does pay off.

Williams: ..they didn't have the necessary brains and common sense to get out of the way of a Cat 5 Hurricane and then when it hit them- stood on the side of the convention Center expiring while reporters were coming and going..

Morris:...that's just sickening---that is atrocious what you are saying.

Williams: The only role race plays in this is that the American black population has been the prototype for an entire race of people being, being turned into a group of dependents of the government--trapped there, I'm using that word very loosely are screaming we want help, we want help..

SOURCE

It is one thing for a white man to call out a black man on something. It is quite another for a white man to presume he can SPEAK FOR black people as a whole. It is yet even another to claim an entire race of people were too stupid to not die in Katrina.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DucTape
There is no "Tea party" And anyone claiming to be a spokesperson for a non existent party is full of crap.
Sure some elements within the repubes are trying to hijack it, But the average person who identifys with the tea party movement thinks both partys are corrupt.

Tell it to The Tea Party Express who does a wonderful job helping all those loosely affiliated groups of like minded folks. I suppose Dick Armey has had no influence either.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Yes you are right this man is a vile racist parasite.

Now continue on with whatever it is you hope to accomplish with this thread. I was very clear in my explanation as you can see with the stars I have recieved for it.

You however are to blind to see it. Pity.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

Being advised this cannot remain without a source??? That is new but ok..

take your pick

The Major is not fond of random picks, the Major much prefers the horse's mouth as opposed to the regurgitations of wing nuts of the left. Perhaps the recruit's initial convenient omission of a source is due to what prefaces the externally quoted content:

Astonishing.

In every one of the dozens of interviews that I have done regarding the anti-Tea Party resolution passed by the NAACP I have brought up the absurdity of a group that calls blacks “Colored People” hurling charges of racism. Whats more, each interviewer has defended that phrase and expressed surprise that I would consider that phrase to be racist!

Apparently Colored People are an entirely new race of people and one to which the title applies. Here NAACP President Precious Ben Jealous explains to President Abraham Lincoln the reasons for the resolution in this newly discovered letter :

www.marktalk.com...

The OP's external content follows.

The Major is similarly astonished that the art of parody that reigned supreme during the Bush administration is persona non grata during the Messiah's. The irony is as palpable as a recruit's corns after an all day march.

The Major is more concerned with the all to common approach of sensationalizing and then obfuscating an issue. Such conduct eschews the truth from one end of the horse, leaving the OP looking like other. The Major apologizes to any equine fanciers or the equine themselves for any slight proffered by the Major's repartee.

The Major will now reflect fondly upon the days of the cavalry.

Dismissed.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DucTape

Let me correct you my friend. I'm very guilty of this myself. You say that the average person who identifies with the Tea Party realizes both parties are corrupt - most likely not true. The average person YOU talk to probably realizes it, but the average American does not.

I really need to dig up an article I found while searching through the old topics here where a doctor was talking about how Libertarians need to organize and compromise. Don't start talking about ending the Fed and ending borders right away. We need to get them into our party by the small things. THAT is how the Republicans and Democrats do it. If a Libertarian is appropriately presented to the American public, I really think they would love it. Talk about bringing our troops home and ending occupations in other countries. Talk about defending our country with our troops at home. Ending wars, ending money spent on wars, feeding the poor with the money from those wars.

A true Libertarian way ain't gonna happen, period. I agree that the Tea Party HAS A CHANCE to be the dawning of Libertarian ideology, but it MUST be handled the right way. We aren't gonna completely deregulate everything, and talking about deregulating business is gonna be a field day for the press. It just won't happen at this point. We have to talk about slowly stopping government input and control. Once people start understanding it, it will work. They must "get it" first.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Major Discrepancy
Perhaps the recruit's initial convenient omission of a source is due to what prefaces the externally quoted content:

I take offense. There are threads all over that do not include a source in the OP for various reasons. This is not breaking news and when I googled it, a few THOUSAND results came up. I figured it would not be a problem. Most of the sources were, as you say leftwingnut takes on the letter. I did not want to slant it one way or the other. That TPM page did not include it in full on the front page.

I apologize for expecting people to be able to find something that is all over the web on their own to find the version they wanted to discredit themselves. If someone questioned the validity, I would have happily provided any number of sources to prove it existed. To have a mod tell me the thread will be removed without immediate sourcing seemed odd. Whining that I did not look up what you seemed to do just fine on your own also seems odd. I guess I am really sorry about that?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Sure its racist if you take it at face value.

Playing the race card is to easy these days. Instead of having to think on a subject people, like yourself, throw out the race card because it is to difficult for them to see anything else.
The color red is not always red, sometimes it is maroon. You just have to look a little closer to see it.

My friend , don't try to generalize this statement with Instead of having to think on a subject people, like yourself, throw out the race card because it is to difficult for them to see anything else.

Because #1 you don't know me from Adam , you don't know my political views... nor do you know that I've been to 5 Tea Part meetings in my area , the last one having keynote speaker and Economist Dr. Murray Sabrin speaking about crony capitalism.

#2 you said yourself "Sure its racist if you take it at face value."

If you were Italian and before I told you the key to cold fusion I prefaced it with " Heya , Imma Guido anna Imma gonna tell a you abouta howa make a cold fusiona" How much of the preceding formula would you remember? Probably None , It's not racist to YOU because It's not dealing with your race. It's offensive to me because ... guess what? I'm a Black Guy! If a black guy tells you something is racist pertaining to black people guess what... IT'S PROBABLY F***** RACIST!

This is akin to you punching me in the face , me telling you "Hey that kinda hurt" and you going "Nah , no it didn't... you're imagining things.

Sometime racist $*** happens , lets not act like because we have a 1/2 black guy in office all of a sudden there is no more racism because that's BS. You've got The KKK on one side and The New Black Panther Party which is equally as ignorant and stupid on the other side. Let's be real here. What's a guy gotta do to be racist in your eyes?... If he rode up on my lawn on a horse with a white sheet on burning a cross would he be a racist then!?! You'd probably just tell me he was an equestrian evangelist. Don't piss on my back and tell me it's raining!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Just because a black person tells me something is racist does not mean I will take his word for it.

The race card has been used so many times that I have decided to use my own radar or else I would not be able to enjoy kool aid, watermellon, fried chicken, grape soda or a host of other things a black person has found racist at one time or another.

Your color bears no impact on what I find racist any longer. I gave no indication of your race as it didn't even cross my mind. To bad you can't say the same thing.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFinalTruth14

How many examples would you like? How about comments from her hubby as well? Should he step down, apologize, pay some feel good money and be forever labeled a racist too......nah. Nice that you didn't mention the head of the naacp either.

We are asking that the law-abiding members of the Tea Party repudiate those racist elements, that they recognize the historic and present racist elements that are within the Tea Party movement."
What historic racism?

is an excerpt taken from Michelle Obama's senior year thesis at Princeton University:

"Earlier in my college career, there was no doubt in my mind that as a member of the Black community I was somehow obligated to this community and would utilize all of my present and future resources to benefit this community first and foremost. My experiences at Princeton have made me far more aware of my "Blackness" than ever before."

whites in America were "ineradicably racist".

"By actually working with the Black lower class or within their communities as a
result of their ideologies, a separationist may better understand the desperation of
their situation and feel more hopeless about a resolution as opposed to an
integrationist who is ignorant to their plight."
Obama writes that the path she chose by attending Princeton would likely lead to
her "further integration and/or assimilation into a white cultural and social
structure that will only allow me to remain on the periphery of society; never
becoming a full participant."
Michele Obama

Shall I keep going?

[edit on 15-7-2010 by adifferentbreed]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I gave no indication of your race as it didn't even cross my mind. To bad you can't say the same thing.

Dude , Don't insult my intelligence , I don't have to be a Mensa member to figure out that you're not black.
Your Argument is weak sauce! We'll agree to disagree.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
When is the last time the goals of the Tea Party were discussed on a big news outlet?

Instead, we have the big debate on whether or not they are racist. Newsflash, there are racists in EVERY political party. We see lame Democrats and Republicans step down all the time after a nice apology to the Reverend of Racism.

Why is the MSM so stuck on this with the Tea Party?

We have to see through their agendas, people. If the MSM is vigorously attacking it, we might should look into it. Why would the government-owned MSM want the government-limiting Tea Party to succeed? It is so obvious but instead we get inside bickering between people that would most likely agree on so many issues. TPTB love racism and push it on us because it keeps us all fighting. Give it up, let's move on and talk about the real issues. Our politicians are corrupt, bumbling idiots taking paychecks to push the agenda of whoever has the biggest cash wad, which is TPTB. It's so simple and it is right there in the open.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Man, lighten up, some of what you've already said could be miscontrued as racist. Of course it's not real racism for a couple of reasons, however it could be seen that way........it's all in the interputation.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

double post.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by adifferentbreed]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Blacks or Coloreds have always talked about civil rights and what have you. The current administration is, in the tea party movement minds, destroying all of our civil rights and for the most part black people praise Obama as the second coming.

And Obama became President because only " Blacks or Coloreds " voted for him ........ right ?

The letter is just divisive trash - one would think that the leader of political movement, would seek to have greater inclusiveness of the U.S` varied citizenry. Seeking to unite the nation under a concept - rather than a race.

And there are those who will lap up this letters message - no doubt it was always just a ploy to score points with a certain section of American citizenry.

To publish such a thing is so short-sighted - it verges on the suspicious .....!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I sense a bit of displeasure in your response? I was honestly asking a genuine question. I wasn't sure of which quote you were referring to and just wanted to know. Nothing more, nothing less.

I appreciate you posting that though. I wasn't aware of that quote.

Unrelated to our discussion - It really saddens me that all of us good-meaning people are tricked into fighting to "defend our identities" while the powerful people laugh in their mansions. We have lower class whites fighting lower class blacks about the color of the skin, one of the most unimportant things, while the big guys snatch the rug right out from under us. If I was a part of the NWO or whatever you want to call it, I'd be giving myself a pat on the back right about now. Mission accomplished (minus Bush on the aircraft).

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join