It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party Reveals its Racism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Tea Part leader Mark Williams has written a letter to Abraham Lincoln in the voice of "colored people." It seems a little hard to claim it is not racist and that he does not represent the Tea Party so...

Dear Mr. Lincoln
We Coloreds have taken a vote and decided that we don’t cotton to that whole emancipation thing. Freedom means having to work for real, think for ourselves, and take consequences along with the rewards. That is just far too much to ask of us Colored People and we demand that it stop!

In fact we held a big meeting and took a vote in Kansas City this week. We voted to condemn a political revival of that old abolitionist spirit called the ‘tea party movement’.

The tea party position to “end the bailouts” for example is just silly. Bailouts are just big money welfare and isn’t that what we want all Coloreds to strive for? What kind of racist would want to end big money welfare? What they need to do is start handing the bail outs directly to us coloreds! Of course, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is the only responsible party that should be granted the right to disperse the funds.

And the ridiculous idea of “reduce[ing] the size and intrusiveness of government.” What kind of massa would ever not want to control my life? As Coloreds we must have somebody care for us otherwise we would be on our own, have to think for ourselves and make decisions!

The racist tea parties also demand that the government “stop the out of control spending.” Again, they directly target coloreds. That means we Coloreds would have to compete for jobs like everybody else and that is just not right.

Perhaps the most racist point of all in the tea parties is their demand that government “stop raising our taxes.” That is outrageous! How will we coloreds ever get a wide screen TV in every room if non-coloreds get to keep what they earn? Totally racist! The tea party expects coloreds to be productive members of society?

Mr. Lincoln, you were the greatest racist ever. We had a great gig. Three squares, room and board, all our decisions made by the massa in the house. Please repeal the 13th and 14th Amendments and let us get back to where we belong.

Sincerely
Precious Ben Jealous, Tom’s Nephew NAACP Head Colored Person

What to make of this?
Looking in to exactly who this man is within the Tea Party turns up "organizer" "chairman" and "spokesperson."
Being advised this cannot remain without a source??? That is new but ok..

take your pick

[edit on 15-7-2010 by K J Gunderson]

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

I see what he was doing, but he went the no nonsense tell it like it is approach and he will get buried for it.

Blacks or Coloreds have always talked about civil rights and what have you. The current administration is, in the tea party movement minds, destroying all of our civil rights and for the most part black people praise Obama as the second coming.

He is being sarcastic and I don't think people will see the true message and will just grasp the easy arguement that he is just a racist. Kind of how you did in your title.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Tinkertrain
He is being sarcastic and I don't think people will see the true message and will just grasp the easy arguement that he is just a racist. Kind of how you did in your title.

I am more than happy to entertain your idea if you are willing to expand on it. What is the sarcasm specifically? What is the true message?

[edit on 15-7-2010 by K J Gunderson]

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

He is using the wording of the slaves who didn't have any civil rights and who dreamed of being free.

Now that black people are free they are easily giving up their civil rights to follow President Obama.

In the words of the slave he is telling everyone that since we are regressing we should have never freed the slaves because they basically got everything the black people of today wanted. They didn't pay for food, shelter or clothes. Now we have black people on tv crying saying how Obama is going to pay for their gas.

Instead of freeing the slaves and regressing, we might as well just enslaved everyone and saved some time.

The tea party cant believe that a race of people who fought so hard for civil rights are so willing to lay down when a black president threatens to take them from everyone without a fight.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It doesn't matter. everyone is racist now......the blacks, the whites, the mexicans, the whites, the asians, the whites, the middle easterns, the whites........who cares. If he had written a glowing letter accepting what the professional extortionists did the other day with the First Racist, I mean First Lady ( not that she's really a lady), he'd still be a racist as they'd have something bad to say about it. Satire is a part of everyday life...unless directed at anyone but whites, so no surprise you'd jump on this. Let's see two things will happen, someone will post something else racist by the lefts or blacks, or the flame wars will start and I'll be a racist for saying it's no big deal. I may even get a twofer and both will happen, however this isn't news, it's just more drama.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Get the memo people, if you oppose the government in any way or think that limited government is the best, you are a racist.

I really don't understand how people can disagree with the ideas of the Tea Party. It is too bad the propoganda of the MSM has turned people into believing it is a racist movement (LMAO) and caused true racists to join.

It didn't start out like this, that's for sure.

Time to jump to the Libertarian party, folks. Drop the Tea Party stuff, it has been sabatoged and hijacked from the outside. No point in trying to save it, though it did have great intentions to start. The only way to beat the Democrats and Republicans is to beat them at their game. We need to enhance the Libertarian party in the United States. The short history of the Tea Party means it will go down in history as a short-lived group of racists. It really sucks, because it meant well.

It also sucks that, since I agree with the Tea Party's political thoughts, I am obviously a lunatic racist. I'm glad politicians and the MSM were here to tell me just how racist I was. I was walking around never judging people based on their color, but my political views have turned me into a racist. Thanks to the MSM for making me understand how evil I am, though I still don't feel the evilness they speak of.

But don't worry, our caring and loving federal government is now starting yet another federal agency to make sure the big bad banks, which they pretty much own, do not take advantage of us. Soon we'll all be working for the government. Seems obvious, who makes the money? The federal reserve. Who controls the government in the US? The federal reserve. Who is losing jobs? The American people. Who is making more agencies? The federal government. Who will get the money directly from the federal reserve? The federal government.

Federal reserve big bucks ---> federal government ---> jobless Americans who take up government jobs. Bingo!

Final thought - I can't believe how easily the majority of Americans were manipulated. A really easy recipe for control - MSM + Government = control.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFinalTruth14
Get the memo people, if you oppose the government in any way or think that limited government is the best, you are a racist.

I really don't understand how people can disagree with the ideas of the Tea Party. It is too bad the propoganda of the MSM has turned people into believing it is a racist movement (LMAO) and caused true racists to join.

You obviously responded to the headline without even reading the letter in the OP. You did not even address it. Please save any pro-tea party rants for the places in which they actually apply.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
however this isn't news, it's just more drama.

This man represents the tea party whether you want him to or not. That is the point. If what he said is so pointless, then I expect to see the tea party denounce him, dismiss him, or publicly point out how little this man represents them. Until then, he is still chairman, spokesman, organizer, etc.

There is no debating the content of the letter without actually addressing it. If you feel it was sarcasm and not racism, please qualify that.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

Sure its racist if you take it at face value.

Playing the race card is to easy these days. Instead of having to think on a subject people, like yourself, throw out the race card because it is to difficult for them to see anything else.

The color red is not always red, sometimes it is maroon. You just have to look a little closer to see it.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

This guy is just another shill. Honestly no reason to read it. The Tea Party isn't a new trend. It started before Obama came into the picture.

If you keep fighting at the little things, you'll miss the big picture. The Tea Party has been taken over and hijacked. This guy is a part of that hijacking, whether he knows it or not.

No need to read the message, it is worthless. It is just a small part of the big picture. Any "Tea Party member" who is stuck on the race issue has been tricked by the MSM to believe it is a part of the fight. It wasn't, but now it is.

Just trying to look at the big picture. As I said, it has tricked people into believing the Tea Party is racist and ALSO brought out the true racists to join the Tea Party.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Tinkertrain

Oh OK, that makes all kinds of sense. As a rich white man, he is speaking as a black slave to point out how stupid black people today are being and that is not racist?

Who the hell is he again to point out how stupid he thinks another race of people are being and how is that not racist?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I understand what he was trying to say, but what a way to write it! I don't think this guy has the brain mouth filter functioning. Well too bad for this guy after this he will forever be labeled a racist. Oh well and so the story goes on. I love however that there is no reverse racism, it seems these days only a white person is capable of racist statements and every other race gets a pass.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
OK, as a non-American, can I just ask what exactly is supposed to be 'racist' about this mock letter ?

When I say ''racist'', I'm referring to the dictionary definition, rather than the watered down, erroneous definition that is sometimes used in the USA.

As far as I can see, the writer is mimicking the style of speech that a 19th-century slave in the US would have used. Where's the ''racism'' ?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFinalTruth14

This guy is just another shill. Honestly no reason to read it. The Tea Party isn't a new trend. It started before Obama came into the picture.

All the more reason to read it because it has little to nothing to do with Obama.

If you keep fighting at the little things, you'll miss the big picture. The Tea Party has been taken over and hijacked. This guy is a part of that hijacking, whether he knows it or not.

If that is the case, why would pointing out just what kind of people are hijacking it be wrong?

No need to read the message, it is worthless. It is just a small part of the big picture. Any "Tea Party member" who is stuck on the race issue has been tricked by the MSM to believe it is a part of the fight. It wasn't, but now it is.

Then there is no point to comment on it.

Just trying to look at the big picture. As I said, it has tricked people into believing the Tea Party is racist and ALSO brought out the true racists to join the Tea Party.

If the tea party has been hijacked by racists, the tea party is still racist. When a plane is hijacked, it goes where the hijacker wants.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFinalTruth14

No one is saying that they don't approve of the message of the tea party , but when you have jackasses like the guy that was quoted by the OP , spouting $*** like that... It sorta drowns out the message for a lot of people. I mean really how hard is it to understand. Here's a simple one for you... If you say or type the word "Massa" and "we coloreds" in the same sentence , and you are not reading back the manuscript from the period film you just wrote. Then It's pretty safe to say that you might be... well I'll leave it up to you to figure out.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
I understand what he was trying to say, but what a way to write it! I don't think this guy has the brain mouth filter functioning. Well too bad for this guy after this he will forever be labeled a racist. Oh well and so the story goes on. I love however that there is no reverse racism, it seems these days only a white person is capable of racist statements and every other race gets a pass.

I won't speak for the rest of my "race", but as a "white man" (because the color of my skin is white, though I have the tomahawk chop Indian in me), I just don't care enough about the racist stuff.

What's the point? I've seen videos wishing for people to kill whitey. Oh well, on to the next one as Jay-Z said. I could really care less.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Now I see there isn't any room for a real conversation with you.

The wording was racist at the beginning. I explained that away.

Now since he is a rich white man he has no place to call out the black race for the obvious wrong they are doing to the memory of their ancestors who they are supposedly so proud of. I guess only a black man can tell when the black race are dishonoring the memory of a proud people who fought for hundreds of years to get the same rights that the white man enjoys.

Nope a white man cant see the wrong being done. We are to racist for that.

I did my best to explain to you in simple terms the message. You just want to see racism so I will leave you to it.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Satire exists, however not if itis directed at people of color. I don't think he should step down. Why in the world should he? When did it start that people just up and apologize, resign, doante monet etc, for saying something controversial?

It seems it only applies to whites, I was really offended by Mrs Obama's statements.....and yup, she's a racist. I'd like an apology and for her to step down, tell me how wrong she was and make a donation to a white organization. Won't happen, after all it was directed at us racist whites and after all what white organization could she donate to?

How about the NAACP? Pretty racist organization, whould the head step down and apologize? Not gonna happen, and why?

If you look at the letter as written, it could be taken as racist, however, may there also be a glimmer of truth there as well? As I stated, satire is only satire when directed at white people...anything else is up to the whims of the extortionists and race baiters thoughts.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
It seems to me if the man has some point he wants to make, he certainly could have made it in a much more effective way. What in the world was he thinking? This is appalling. It accomplishes nothing, but making him look like a horse's derriere.

He is certainly not championing his cause with this ridiculous letter, whatever cause it might be.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join