It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help learn meditation and more

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Because this is my first thread I'd like to start with a simple introduction. I have only had an ATS account for a mere couple of months but have been a browser for much much longer.

I have always been fascinated by what is unexplained and inexperienced. However growing up I did not take the time to learn the things that I wish I knew now. In the long run I would like to be able to achieve Astral Projection, Meditation, Lucid Dreaming both MILD and WILD (that’s Mnemonic Induction of Lucid Dreams and Wake Induced Lucid Dreams), and OOBE ( both Consciously controlled and pre-meditated)

Before starting this thread I did a quick search on these topics, and it isn’t that there are no threads on these topics, because there are some excellent ones. But they are all a little out dated and based on only one of my four topics of interest. Also because some of them date back to as early as 2004 it may not be easy to get the reply’s I desire. I realize also that having four topics of interest can make things a little muddy and confusing so I’d like to state my purpose now.

This thread to me is more of a guide to point me down the right path. I want to know how I should go about learning to achieve the stated topics and where I should start. Are any a prerequisite for the others or is one just easier than the rest. Any useful sources on the subjects would be greatly appreciated, it does not matter if the sources are books, people, or websites. Also hearing of your first and best experiences may be helpful as well.

Unfortunately this thread is not providing any new information to the readers yet, but I am hoping it will end with me and others experiencing new and exciting phenomena.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally I think Lucid dreaming would be the best place to start so correct me if I’m wrong. Now this is where my problem starts, there have only been a handful of dreams that I can remember in my entire lifetime. I did recently start a dream journal but it is a little lacking right now so if anyone knows how to get the ball rolling now’s your time to shine. Should I start with meditation instead?

Thank you in advance for your reply’s and any advise

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out dated helpful threads

Thread on Lucid Dreaming
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread on Astral Projection

Thread on Meditation

GummB

Edit
Thank you mods for fixing my newbie location errors

ADD

I’d this not to just be a list of threads on ATS, not there I do not appreciate them because I do and I will review each one that is suggested. I just want this to be an active discussion to avoid the thread being close. Things to discus would be why one of the topics is better or easier than the other, why you prefer one or would avoid one. What has achieving your goals in the topics done for you as a person.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by GummB]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
S&F for you! this thread belongs in the meta physics not paranormal but o well. Here is something for lucid dreaming-www.squidoo.com...

Here is something for meditation, watch all of them not just this one!
www.youtube.com...
I did and this is what got me started on meditation!

Finally this is for astro projection something which I haven't done, am not doing, and never will, it seems unsafe but here you go-howtoastralproject.org...

enjoy

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
S&F for you! this thread belongs in the meta physics not paranormal but o well. Here is something for lucid dreaming-www.squidoo.com...

Here is something for meditation, watch all of them not just this one!
www.youtube.com...
I did and this is what got me started on meditation!

Finally this is for astro projection something which I haven't done, am not doing, and never will, it seems unsafe but here you go-howtoastralproject.org...

enjoy

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
thank you for the sources hopefully a mod can move this to the correct area, Sorry being my first thread I missed that selection.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GummB

It's cool and no problem! I hope the sources help you and you grow as a person like I have from the meditation video!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
edit

accidental double post

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

any idea if meditation or lucid dreaming is better to learn first or do you think it would be possible to attempt both at the same time. Seems a little overwhelimg to me right now but I'm sure with time it'll be nothing and worth every second of practice.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I recommend the book Living Deeply: The Art and Science of Transformation in Everyday Life.

www.amazon.com...

"Living Deeply transcends any one approach by focusing on common elements of transformation across a variety of traditions, while affirming and supporting the diversity of approaches across religious, spiritual, scientific, academic, and cultural backgrounds. Each chapter in the book ends with "Experiences of Transformation," exercises drawn from wisdom traditions or scientific investigations meant to enhance your direct experience of the material.

Opportunities to actively engage in your own transformation and that of our world are woven into the fabric of your everyday life. Learning more about the terrain of consciousness transformation can not only give you a map, but can help you become the cartographer of your own transformative journey. Research over the last decade at the Institute of Noetic Sciences has systematically surveyed hundreds of people's stories of their own transformations, as well as conducting over 50 in-depth interviews with teachers and masters of the world's spiritual,religious, and transformative traditions.

No matter who you are,where you come from, or what your current path is - whether you seek to transform your life completely or simply make adjustments that will add a layer of richness and depth to your life - exploring the many ways that transformation is stimulated and sustained can hold great power. Weaving together cutting-edge science with wisdom from teachers of the world's transformative traditions this book explores how people experience deep shifts in their consciousness, and how those shifts can lead to healing and wholeness.

Research over the last decade at the Institute of Noetic Sciences has explored in depth the phenomenon by which people make significant shifts in the way they experience and view the world. Focusing in particular on positive transformations in consciousness, or those that result in improved health, well-being, and sense of meaning, purpose, and belonging, hundreds of people's stories of their own transformations were included in the research, as well as in-depth interviews with over 50 teachers and masters of the world's spiritual, religious, and transformative traditions."

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by GummB

Learn meditation first, trust me, do that before you try to lucid dream, don't do both at the same time.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Student X

thats sounds like the perfect source.

I think right now I'm only in it for the -"add a layer of richness and depth to your life" part but in the long run achieving a spiritual evolution would be... well im at a loss of words for that.

I don't know why i never got into this earlier on. Im only 20 but for some reason I feel this has been inside me for a long time, having trouble remembering dreams has been discouraging but it also has been that push to take the first steps.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
There is said to be many ways to do all these.There's so many different ways to..Have you read any of Egdar Cayce's books..Or something may be on David wells site??
Easy way i find with meditation is learning to breathe slow ..Easy one is to breath in for four hold it for two then breath out for four..For me once i could meditate everything else came easier to me
So many different ways on these four topics
.Also maybe looking into the chakras will help you learn more on it..

New myself so still getting the hang of everything.Here's a link[not sure how to do links yet] .hope it can be of some help

www.thiaoouba.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
good things im watching that meditation vid now, and thanks again for the pointer. I'll keep up with my dream journal if I can but meditation it is for now.

and thanks Phoenix for your source aswell

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Nixes

no i have not read any of that material. I was kind of hoping that was where i'd go from here so thank you for the good authors.

and what are chakras if i may ask?

edit..

BTW Phoenix great thread for beginners
im enjoying the read and there is some really good and easy to undertand information

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
No problem man glad I could help, if you have any more questions u2u me and i'll be glad to answer them

peace

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Hello!
You can go to my thread (Basic Oneironautics Guide) in my signature.
Lucid dreaming is definitely the best way to start your deep spiritual journey.

I will be glad to help you and answer any questions.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Etherguide]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Etherguide

I will be looking into that thread very soon here and thanks for the reply.
I was just told by another user that meditation was the best place to start, I'm not saying you or him are wrong i'm just curious of why.

Origionally I thought lucid dreaming as well just because i thought it would be easier, but meditation seems rewarding and really not that difficult either.

any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Maybe you also wanna check my newly started thread series "Your Spiritual Revolution"?

All the things you where talking about will bw covered and much more...

Here is the first one:

Your Spiritual Revolution I: Introduction

And the second was started yesterday, here:

Your Spiritual Revolution II: Basic knowlege I: Your Body

Peace love and light,
let u guide by higher i

Jim

[edit on 15-7-2010 by JimIrie]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Etherguide

I was actually attempting the mnemonic memory thing you mentioned in your thread there last night, and low and behold I know I had a dream but I woke up to my cat spilling a box of treats all over my floor and by the time I realized what I was attempting to do all memory of the dream was gone. I know it happened but i don't even remember one scene

---------------------------------------------------------------------

JimIrie

I began by looking into that thread but I wasn't sure if that was the info I was looking for or not. If you think that will be helpfull than it will be added to my list of threads to read. It did sound very interesting though, I think I just need a little more introduction first because it was a little over my head.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GummB

Astral projection maybe a bit difficult practice and a very confusing experience, so I won't recommend to start with it.
However I don't see any reason why practicing meditation and lucid dreaming at the same time is somehow wrong.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join