It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help learn meditation and more

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Etherguide

I agree, I think lucid dreaming is really as simple as keeping a journal and thinking about it when you need to. Meditation seems like something I can do to just relax and settle down after work and in the mornings. Maybe make for less stress on the weekends.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GummB

Do you know castanedas books? Very interesting and full of truth and experience... There is a very nice one, called "the art of dreaming"
Wonderfull!

Peace love and light,
let u guide by higher i

Jim

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GummB
reply to post by Etherguide

I was actually attempting the mnemonic memory thing you mentioned in your thread there last night, and low and behold I know I had a dream but I woke up to my cat spilling a box of treats all over my floor and by the time I realized what I was attempting to do all memory of the dream was gone. I know it happened but i don't even remember one scene

Dream memory is a very fragile thing. Recalling your dreams immediately after waking up will help. Any activity (physical or mental), like in case with your cat, may erase a good portion of your dream memory.
Some people like to use a dream journal. I've used to have it too, but it was consuming too much time in the morning. Just recalling dreams works ok for me.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JimIrie

no
I never have heard of castanedas books.

It looks like I might be in for a lot of good reads, lol if I keep up I better master this stuff.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I am also very curious to learn why Astral Projection is considered dangerous by some, Maybe I’m naive but I thought these were all relatively safe practices.

can someone explain why it would be considered unsafe, or why any one should avoid it?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GummB
reply to post by Nixes

no i have not read any of that material. I was kind of hoping that was where i'd go from here so thank you for the good authors.

and what are chakras if i may ask?

These links will explain them better than i could
there's many ways of working with them be it if they're too open or close..

yoga.org.nz...

www.healer.ch...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GummB

The astral planes are full of energies and entities. Not much are benevolent...

If you leave your physical body with your energybody (hard enough) other beings are able to embody your physical body...
Then you wont be able to come back and have to stay in astral plane...
Some would call it, to be obsessed by a demon and the only way to get this out of your physical body is by your STRONG AND TRAINED WILL (and some secrets you still have to learn...)
OR exorcism (if catholic or not) from outside world...

[edit on 15-7-2010 by JimIrie]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JimIrie

wow... now I see. Astral projection was the one thing one the list that I really didn't understand yet. OOBE's are still a bit unknown to me but when the time comes I'm sure it will be understandable.

Do you think there is a time or level when astral projection could be appropriate? It sounds like something that one would most definitely have to work up to.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Nixes

thanks for the links
I will look into them asap, there is currently a barrage of material hitting me. and its a good thing

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GummB

Generally i would recommend first to learn about protection on the astral planes, then you only should do when you achieved a certain level of spirituality...
When you are strong enough they cannot harm you as you know the universal rules and so on...

There are nice books from a old women, maria szepes (hope i remeber the right pronounciation): "Accademia occulta" I and II and "The red lion" you should read!

But again all of this will follow inside my thread series when its time...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JimIrie

I think your thread will be a good one to follow, it has already been added to my subscription list and I look foreword to reading your later threads. There is almost too much good information for me right now so I'm glad we got a chance to have these discussions. Also everyone else's sources have been helpful as well. It it obviously best to start at a beginner point at some of the simpler threads have made yours much more understandable, for me that is.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GummB

Sure! Never trust ONE source!

Second one is also on...

Your Spiritual Revolution II: Basic knowlege I: Your Body

And don´t forget to star and flag...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimIrie
reply to post by GummB

If you leave your physical body with your energybody (hard enough) other beings are able to embody your physical body...
Then you wont be able to come back and have to stay in astral plane...
[edit on 15-7-2010 by JimIrie]

This is a very popular idea because it seems logical, but there is no evidence of this ever happening to someone.
I believe that you are the absolute owner of your physical body until destruction of the silver cord.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Thanks to all for the reply's. They are greatly appreaciated.

I am off to bed for now and then work for the night
but I will be keeping frequent track of reply's on the thread and the sources you put foreword. Although I may not get a response to you it does not mean I didn't read your input. I will take them all into consideration in my learning process.

edit.

hopefully tomorrow I will have some positive feedback on the methods suggested. I'm not going to get my hopes up on any lucid dreams or successful meditations today though. Patience is key

[edit on 15-7-2010 by GummB]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join