It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

did aleister crowley summon the loch ness monster ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
once more pardon my lack of research on this subject ,for i have very little time right now but i am a big fan of aleister crowley and i have only just begun my research on this mysterious man . but watching a video i came across leads me to ponder what if the great beast is responsible for the birth of the loch ness monster ? i need to look more into this and i wll but i was hoping to get some thoughts on this befor i do ..so here is a link to a video i found that gives a good insite to witch i speak of ...

thank you for your thoughts and forgive my spelling a lack of research on this
also if this is in the wrong place mods please move it thank you so very much

Love

Nephi

vodpod.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
the loch ness monster is a marketing myth or at best an elephant walking under water with it's trunk acting as a snorkel which is something real and within an elphants capabilites therefore in answer to your question and in my opinion only the answer is no.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

Has anyone even proved that there is a lochness monster? They keep proping that lake with sonar and they never find anything but rocks and logs.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Only beast I ever heard Aleister Crowley raising was in his pants, with many many ill-reputed ladies. Also a famous story of when he went into the desert in Egypt with his apprentice and summoned an ancient destruction spirit, which possessed him and nearly killed his assistant.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ZuluChaka

who knows maybe it bounces in and out of this world ...will we ever know ? most likely not but put a little research into it and you will start to wonder just as i

thank you friend

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
no there was nothing there it's just a big lake and thats it.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

How is it going to bounce in and out of this world? Its supposed to be pretty huge and I dont even see Chihuahuas bouncing in and out of this world or anything else for that matter.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by markygee

i am not denying what your saying but however you feel fit to try and convince me otherwise ..it will not happen ..can you prove to me that there was never a creature there at one point ? if there was i dont think its there now ..but i cant convince you of this just as you cant convince me ..all i can say is research his work and the strange mystery behind his trip to the loch ness

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZuluChaka
How is it going to bounce in and out of this world?

Probably the same way I do every Saturday night......copious amounts of alcohol.

link   
Well, I have to admit I was thrown off a bit by the title, and got a little chuckle. It seems Scotland has many intriguing aspects when it comes to science, invention, history, charm and mystique.
The lochness/Crowley connection is a new one to me but thanks for the link, I enjoyed the vid. I have always been fascinated with Crowley and his magiK. I think he is misunderstood sometimes, but certainly a powerful and influential figure.
So it sounds like he left the gates open during a ritual. I would think if the lochmonster(if there is one?) was a product of his summoning, there would be some deaths or tragedy related to it. Then there is the dimension aspect, as in the gate open allowed beings from another side to come through? Hmmm....

I would like to hear from some Scots on this subject of lochness connection, if there is any.

Peace

[edit on 14-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

link   
reply to post by ZuluChaka

i have no idea ,it was a simple thought , i was looking for somone out there who has more to offer on this story then i do and it seems that i have not found that yet

thank you for your post my good man

Nephi

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

and you my good man is what i was looking for ,thats how i feel about it ill just have to research a bit more but ya his work was left unfinished at loch ness ..time to research

thank you my friend

Nephi

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

www.sciencebuzz.org...

elephant pal, not magically created or summoned dinosaur, and if it was this what was the point of summoning it?
In my opinion of course.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
If Crowley summoned an archetypal plesiosaur arguably it would be through a gate to another time rather than another dimension. I would think he would be disappointed to receive a dumb beast through his incantations as I am sure he was looking for an intelligent conversation and perhaps some knowledge of the beyond from his summonings rather than a lesson on Triassic biology.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by slane69

then maybe thats why his work there went unfinished ? and whos to say it was what you say it was reports are projecting it to be possibly that ,but no one has ever seen it fully have they ? i dono i am just trying to look at it from both sides
also ide like to say that i could be wrong .. like i said it requires more research

thank you for your post

Nephi

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by markygee

my good man your so very convincing ! sheesh ! however i love the thought

thank you kind sir

Nephi

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Not sure if I believe the Loch Ness Monster is real or, if it was, still there.

I seriously doubt he would summon something so stupid on purpose.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Crowley had an estate on the edge of the Loch. He was supposed to have done many summoning rituals there. Jimmy Page the guitarist of Led Zeppelin fame later bought the house and then things started happening to the members of Led Zeppelin and their families. Like you, many have speculated that the banishing ritual was not completed before Crowley went off on a trip somewhere. Jimmy Page is also reputed to have made the same mistake.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

How is it going to bounce in and out of this world?

Well, maybe only things that don't belong in our current time-line
can bounce in and out, hence maybe why things that belong here do not.
Because they are from the past. present, or future things cannot do this
because of obvious reasons. The past has happened and maybe the information
is stored in some energy that sometimes burps, so to speak, and boom a prehistoric sea monster appears.
Maybe it only happens in Lochness because that specific region has a glitch in the "energy".

Who knows, just letting my thoughts run, don't mind me.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

As great as that would be, I dont think so. The legend of the beast was first mentioned(in writing anyways) sometime around the 565-570 A.D.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join