It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Theory on Our History

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Disclaimer: This is a theory of mine. Or more along the lines of thoughts that have ran through my head and speculation.

After being a member and visiting ATS for close to four years, you run into a lot of stories, theories and speculation regarding these conspiracies that we research. Sometimes it's hard to seperate one from the other, which brings me to this theory.

EVERYTHING that we know is a lie.

We have seen UFO's pop up in the Bible, religious paintngs, cliff walls and in old texts.

We have speculated about ancient and lost civilizations such as Atlantis, Lemuria and the origins of Puma Punku, the Pyramids of Giza and many other ruins.

We have fought over and debated just how long our human species has been galavanting around this earth.

And as a paranoid society, we doubt and second guess our governments.

As the story of Atlantis and Lemuria goes, they were an advanced ancient civilization that had wonderful technologies, but was destoyed either by a natural disaster or by their own hand inadvertantly. Who is to say what type and how advanced these technologies were? Were they a space fearing civilization? Did they have space vehicles?

To this day when someone thinks about Atlantis, we think of a highly advanced civilization, much more advanced that our race today. If this were true, and they were more advanced than us, I would asume that it's safe to say that they had explored much more of our solar system than we are capable of today.

With that said,..........

I would speculate that all ancient astronauts theories and UFO sightings are merely the sightings and craft of ancient humans who escaped the fate of those on earth at the time of this supposed civilization destoying disaster that took place on Earth and wiped out MOST traces of the civilization.

Stories of star people decending to Earth to teach humans cultivation, and building and so forth are nothing more than these ancient humans trying to jump start human civilization again. And when there were seen at that age as coming down from the Heavans, were looked upon as Gods.

Realizing this, who wouldn't go with the flow and pretend to be a God and be worshiped?

If Atlantians had anything similar to our International Space Station and could more easily than today, go to and from space, it would be easy to escape this natural disaster and hide in space. Maybe they had a permanent base/station or inhabitable area not on earth. If so, It would be a perfect place to reside untill a more structured civilization on Earth was formed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry, but I have to quit here. I'm at work at the moment and my thoughts are starting to trail off. This isn't as put together as I would have liked for it to have been, but I wanted to get a debate on this theory started.

Run with it ATS!

JackCash

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Well Jackcash, that are some interesting thoughts you got there. My thoughts have come up with almost exactly the same thing... Weird huh ?

I'm thinking about the chance of this coincidental ? similar thinking, isn't so coincidental at all.

I do not think our history happened as we got told it did. I'm absolutely sure about older civilizations that walked the earth. There are to many similarities in both archaeological finds and the stories of our known ancient civilizations.

I hope you will add the next part of your thoughts soon.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Thank you, and yes, I agree with you. I do believe that things happened differently than what we are tought. Not saying that this is truth, I'm just speculating and theorizing here.

I would have liked this thread to be a little more put together and thought out, but it's one of those things that I needed to jot down quickly and get out of my head. I have a few other things that I will try to add in the next 24 hours.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JackCash

Originally posted by JackCash
We have seen UFO's pop up in the Bible, religious paintngs, cliff walls and in old texts.

As the story of Atlantis and Lemuria goes, they were an advanced ancient civilization that had wonderful technologies, but was destoyed either by a natural disaster or by their own hand inadvertantly. Who is to say what type and how advanced these technologies were? Were they a space fearing civilization? Did they have space vehicles?

This thread might give a more realistic theory for Atlantis.

To this day when someone thinks about Atlantis, we think of a highly advanced civilization, much more advanced that our race today. If this were true, and they were more advanced than us, I would asume that it's safe to say that they had explored much more of our solar system than we are capable of today.

There was no mention of any truly advanced technology (as we would know it) in the tale of Atlantis. That is a common mistake.

As for your theory, it's an interesting one. It is not impossible that at some point in the very, very distant past there was an advanced civilisation that fled the earth in the face of annihilation.

It's more the stuff of fiction as far as I'm concerned but the idea does fascinate me.

It would be nice if you could maybe present some additional evidence to back up your theory.

Interesting

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I don’t want to insult you, but I read the line “everything we know is a lie” and that was enough for me to stop reading because it is a paradox therefore not everything we know can not be a lie.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

No insult taken. As I stated above this is just speculation and random thoughts that were bouncing through my noggin.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

little advice.

Next time try writing your thread in word or anything, where you can save it.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that there were advanced ancient civilizations that used technology which did not harm Mother Earth. There is plenty of archaeological evidence of artifacts found in South America that continue to baffle Archaeologists and the contemporary world of science.

The questions we need to ask is, who or what is hiding this apparent and proven knowledge from the public?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
You should check out this site
It talks about what you're kinda saying, be ready to choose between the red or blue pill though.

Double post. sorry.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by leira7]

top topics

join