It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missiles in Poland, 46 Navy Ships Evac to Costa Rica, Tomahawks off China? Now I Get It. You Better

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
You know 46 US ships are not going to Costa Rica all at once right? The agreement allows 46 US warships to visit Costa Rica over the remainder of the year. So you may see a few there at one time at most. Just though that should be cleared up.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by Reign02
There is nothing to be concerned about people... We have a huge barrage of Patriot missles in Quatar pointed right at Iran and have had them there for a damn good minute. We used to store nukes all over Europe, some bases still have them. We also send missle and radar batteries to Israel as well as Poland. If you are America's ally we will help arm and defend you. This means nothing, no war planned, nothing but security.

As for the ships off Costa Rica or w/e that is nothing really either. There isn't much for the NAVY to do in a war in the desert with a bunch of towelheads that have no NAVY or ships.

And as for the activity on a military base picking up could be 1 of 1,000 things....
Maybe they have an ORI coming up (Operation Readiness Inspection) Maybe they are having exercises ( We have them ALOT in the military)
Maybe there are transient planes from other bases located at a particular AF base.
A military base is always busy and there is something always going on, take it from me.

All paranoia, fear mongering, and propaganda. Nothing is going on other than the media and internet brainwashing people to make them scared or worried because that is how they keep us in control.

Sounds like your the true supporter of the forces then

If you are America's ally we will help arm and defend you. This means nothing, no war planned, nothing but security.

You said it like a sheep, sorry but a war with russia has been planned since the end of the 80s and 90s.

As for the ships off Costa Rica or w/e that is nothing really either. There isn't much for the NAVY to do in a war in the desert with a bunch of towelheads that have no NAVY or ships.

Oh really? is nothing really either really? sending 46 navy ships is really something and something we should be following not toying it away in the closet.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

Well since I am American and in the military YES I support the US 100% because they pay me to.

And just because we had an arms race "Cold War" with Russia does NOT mean we are planning a war with Russia...... I am in the military and we have Russian cargo planes stop all the time at our bases in England as well in Iraq. I didn't see any when I was in Afghanistan though. We are keeping a close eye on Russia but NOT planning a war with them... And I am really sure that I would know more than a civilian like you about things like this. Since I would be doing the fighting......

OMG 46 ships WOW..... Could be relocating because of the oil disaster, or like they said they are helping the war on drugs. Which they do all the time with the Coast Guard.... You need to do a little more research and learn how and what the military does. When we train, we train to fight our future enemies and we are not preparing for war with Russia, because we are training against guerilla tactics not an all out war (like what we would have with Russia). Just because someone posts some crap on the internet doesn't mean it's true.

Once again I am pretty sure that someone like me who is in the military and is on the frontlines and is always training to go back downrange. I am pretty sure I would know a lot more than you about this stuff, since I will be the one doing the fighting while you sit at home fear mongering and writing propaganda.

Good day

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CalibratedZeus

www.welovecostarica.com...

You're right on the patriot deployment coming earlier, but his article is from
July 2, 2010 on the ships. I found others on the Costa Rican government ok'ing entry from earlier in the year. So it was in the works a while ago, but it's still worth pondering what's up there and it all falls in the recent span of the oil blowout and the Iran buildup and ship movement too. I don't think it should be ignored, because a number of moves have been going on within a span of 3 months that all are the kinds of things that can be both business as usual or related to larger geopolitical moves, but good catch.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

Well aren't you just a war hero savior bad-ass.

Your a pawn buddy. Your brain's been painted with your American flag and sold on the idea that guns are awesome and it'll be fun just like the video games.

It's going to be funny when your nation collapses

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Missiles in Poland? Sweet Jeebus!!

Hmmmm...and how many armored divisions, mech infantry divisions, fighter squadrons, etc, were in Europe for years during the cold war, and nothing happened?

NO, no Jericho this is different.

They new phrase is the "Empire" and load as much BS as possible into every mouse fart in the world and blame the US and Israel.

It's the latest FAD.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
reply to post by Reign02

Your a pawn buddy. Your brain's been painted with your American flag and sold on the idea that guns are awesome and it'll be fun just like the video games.

Is the nation collapsing again? America collapsing since 1776. People have been promsing that for over 200 years. I suppose some one has to get it right some time. Not in any of are life times but, some day.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Try "you're" instead of "your". Works better.

I think it's going to be funny considering how many countries will be crying the blues since they won't be getting any more money and aid out of the US. You might want to try sucking up to Russia and China; see how far that gets you.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

might shed alight on the FLeet of ships issue but of course it could all be propaganda but there calling it the biggest drug bust in history might explain why they needed the navy+ marines help. Opinions?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Stop teasing me and let something happen already.....

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

A Marine Task Force is going to take down a country in that area. With air support, it will be quick and very bloody. But, I think it is a ruse just to position the troops for protection of the vital asset ..panama canal.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

You forget the Navy is giving 7000 Marines a ride along with their equipment!

Well since I am American and in the military YES I support the US 100% because they pay me to.

And just because we had an arms race "Cold War" with Russia does NOT mean we are planning a war with Russia...... I am in the military and we have Russian cargo planes stop all the time at our bases in England as well in Iraq. I didn't see any when I was in Afghanistan though. We are keeping a close eye on Russia but NOT planning a war with them... And I am really sure that I would know more than a civilian like you about things like this. Since I would be doing the fighting......

You are likely washing dishes and yet you should know more. I probably had more time in grade as a Sgt than you have in service. You know less than what your are told and can learn more reading Time magazine. Been there done that.

Once again I am pretty sure that someone like me who is in the military and is on the frontlines and is always training to go back downrange. I am pretty sure I would know a lot more than you about this stuff, since I will be the one doing the fighting while you sit at home fear mongering and writing propaganda.

Once again you say your in the service..give rank and mos.
Let us determine your worthiness to discount your superiors. When I was in a civilian outranks generals! Most servicemen, regardless of service know less about current events than the squeeks on the floor of the local cathouse.

Not impressed with your service. You dare to use that as a mark of expertise in an area. Bah. get over yourself.

Read the thread and you may learn something other than thinking civilians are ignorant.
BTW my history is 9 years USMC and family of lifers that go back to WW2. Advice given me was to stay low. Listen to orders and think. They will tell all that they want you to know and no more.

You owe an apology!

[edit on 7/12/2010 by awakentired]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by awakentired

You forget the Navy is giving 7000 Marines a ride along with their equipment!

You are likely washing dishes and yet you should know more. I probably had more time in grade as a Sgt than you have in service. You know less than what your are told and can learn more reading Time magazine. Been there done that.

Once again you say your in the service..give rank and mos.
Let us determine your worthiness to discount your superiors. When I was in a civilian outranks generals! Most servicemen, regardless of service know less about current events than the squeeks on the floor of the local cathouse.

Not impressed with your service. You dare to use that as a mark of expertise in an area. Bah. get over yourself.

Read the thread and you may learn something other than thinking civilians are ignorant.
BTW my history is 9 years USMC and family of lifers that go back to WW2. Advice given me was to stay low. Listen to orders and think. They will tell all that they want you to know and no more.

You owe an apology!

[edit on 7/12/2010 by awakentired]

TSGT USAF TACP in for 8 years...... Happy now bud....

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

America wants take over russia and maybe the entire world, after all why do you think amercia has 800 bases?

You forgot the one on the moon with a death ray and our 1,000,000,000,000,000,000.00 dollar request to not only end our debt but put us back ontop! (finger to mouth) muahahahahaha

Paranoia people, simmer down.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

reply to post by 35Foxtrot

Interesting are you with the US army or PMC?

PMC. Since 2005-2006 and this is the first time they've "adjusted" movements (in my experience) that whole time. When they set a date for me to go somewhere, it never changed.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by astrogolf
Only a few months ago Obama reneged on his promise to put defenseve missiles in Poland. Now, without fanfare, there they are.

Patriots are short-range. The original shield idea that freaked out the Russians involved long-range missiles in Poland and radar based in the Czech Republic.

And the original agreement was made in August of 2008 - before Obama was elected. So it was BUSH'S promise, not Obama's.

www.usatoday.com...

Obama's decision Wednesday to scuttle a costly and technically challenged long-range missile-defense system in Europe marks his most significant reversal of a Bush foreign policy priority. It could change the dynamic of what has been an increasingly tense relationship between the U.S. and Russia, which viewed the Bush plans for missile defenses in Poland and the Czech Republic as a threat.

Speaking to reporters at the White House, Obama was careful to portray his decision as a revamping, not an abandonment, of European missile defense. He said he would replace the long-range system Bush envisioned — which had a spotty testing record — with a more reliable defense system aimed at countering what Obama called a more imminent threat from Iran's short-range missiles, which can travel up to 5,000 miles and potentially strike continental Europe.

So, this is completely in line with what Obama said at the time. Abandoning an unreliable long-range shield for a short-range one directed at Iran.

And 46, again FORTY-SIX US ships of war to Costa Rica to fight the war on drugs?

Still haven't seen anything concrete on these "46 warships." No names, no ship classes, NOTHING. Just the number, and the "warship" reference.

Carriers? Cruisers? Destroyers? PT boats? Canoes?

Anyone?

Okay, I'll throw a bone to the people who don't bother to research:

______beforeitsnews/story/94/525/US_WARSHIPS_headed_to_Costa_Rica.html

Allegedly ONE of the ships is an amphibious assault vessel: the USS Makin Island. Even if it's not true, at least they give more information than a total number of "warships."

But the, if we start saying what exact ships are going, we won't have the mental image of 46 old-school battleships heading down there. And harsh everyone's freakout.

Anybody else care to do any actual research, or are we going to continue repeating hyperbole from whatever sources we we like?

How many people are actually DENYING IGNORANCE on ATS now?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mothershipzeta

For your edification, here are a few of the ships sent.

www.insidecostarica.com...

The 46 ships carry some 200 helicopters and war planes and includes the USS Freedom, combat submarines and a hospital ship.

What kind of ships can you think would carry 7000 Marines? My guess is amphibious assault.

From wiki

USS Freedom is designed to be a fast, maneuverable and networked surface combatant for missions such as anti-mine warfare, anti-submarine warfare, surface warfare and humanitarian relief

Thanks OP for the post. I think we are going to hit Iran and all the mentioned preparations are indications of how serious the matter is.

Obama style is to decide and act without the blessing of public opinion. He has proven that he cares less for public opinion.

The country's citizenry will not have a chance to call for debate and protest like there was when Bush was building up to hit Iran.

Bush liked the UN blessings on action. Obama will shove the knife through the ribs into the heart. If there are objections he'll just say "Oh my bad! " After the damage has been done.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mothershipzeta

I think you're missing the original point. I'm not implying the movement of ships is for either offensive or defensive purposes, but to give them safe harbor from a methane release/tsunami. There are several safe harbors in the area to sheild the vessels from full impact of both the loss in boyancy and effects of tsunami. Normally, tsunami's aren't a real threat to large vessels, as they only perpetuate themselves (the rise of a large water column) as the depth shallows, however, large methane releases create a lack of bouyancy which makes it dangerous to remain in the gulf at depth.Therefore, the ships are being moved away from the methane release and to an area where they would have access to safe harbor from large waves.
Obviously, should this situation perpetuate itself, China and Russia may consider us vulnerable to attack, therefore the movement of offensive capabilities (missiles in Poland, tomahawks off china). That's the point I was trying to make. And sure, I could be wrong, but wouldn't all that be the prudent thing to do if you feared a methane release/tsunami?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

No. I am not satisfied. You are posting as if you are in a combat unit dealing with IEDs and insurgents as your mission on the front lines. While in truth you are an airman stationed in England.

quoted from you
"Once again I am pretty sure that someone like me who is in the military and is on the frontlines and is always training to go back downrange."
and from one of your posts.

". I live and work at an Air Force base in England, and Helos and jets take off all day long. "

You should realize that you know no more than the citizens on this website about current political strategy or war possibilities.

We try to share our research and opinions of that research
/rant off

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
In Politics nothing happens by accident. The US economy is a shambles. Politicans will not listen and do not care about the public. The public is beginning to see this. The economy is being looted and as people become less wealthy they begin to realize that they have been lied to. The supreme court is being loaded with gun grabbers. This is the end game. It is time for a population cull via warfare. The missiles that weren't supposed to go to Poland are now there. Subs loaded with cruise missiles are in Asia. The Israeli Prime Minister and President of Russia both met in Washington without a lot of press. Immediately after the Russian visit, the spy scandal broke to make Russia appear to be part of some new axis of evil. People are growing tired of seeing an old guy with a beard as the bad guy so instead we roll out a voluptious redhead. All this is leading up to something. Now we have aircraft carriers loaded with harrier jets doing humanitarian work in Costa Rica. CR just happens to be close to the canal. Could this be an accident or are we staging for something big. Apart from culling the herd a big shooting match would certainly take the public's attention away from the state of the economy. Is this the global Chess board that Brezinski spoke about?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join