It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missiles in Poland, 46 Navy Ships Evac to Costa Rica, Tomahawks off China? Now I Get It. You Better

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I wonder if the US would have been able to do that with the Polish administration that had been in place. Possibly the reason for the Polish plane crash?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Are the patriot missile batteries still as useless as they used to be? Seems like the same old military movement news that the MSM likes to barrage us with.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
You know the more I read these kinds of stories (there's been a lot lately?) the more I really start to wonder about Fidel Castro's warning of a possible imminent Iran war.

He only said its possible, as he logically believes the US/Israel may not want to waste such a massive distraction as the World Cup 2010 final to have an incident happen in the Persian Gulf, or anywhere for that matter to escalate the prospect of war with Iran.

Now while that sounds totally absurd to most people, it isn't that absurd at all. Country's have been known to pull off events or start wars while some kind of other massive global event takes place (Sports and what have you).

It's a big call, but its only a warning at the end of the day. Just be open and psychologically prepared to possibly hear of a sudden middle-east war/some kind of big event take place very very soon.

As in World Cup Final soon. It can't hurt to just acknowledge the possibility just in case. You don't want to get caught completely off guard and succumb to panic.

Either way behind the scenes something is brewing without a shadow of a doubt

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Do we have any REAL confirmation of US naval movement to Costa Rica? I'm just not believing any of this. This ranks up there on my BS-O-Meter with last weeks "We are attacking Iran because there was 3 Carrier groups in the Persian gulf"... ended up being the normal 6 month change out.

Big O scraped the Missile Defense plan in Poland almost as soon as he got into office (actually not a bad plan, I think we need to stop spending our money overseas on military endeavors)

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by brutalsun
Do we have any REAL confirmation of US naval movement to Costa Rica? I'm just not believing any of this. This ranks up there on my BS-O-Meter with last weeks "We are attacking Iran because there was 3 Carrier groups in the Persian gulf"... ended up being the normal 6 month change out.

Big O scraped the Missile Defense plan in Poland almost as soon as he got into office (actually not a bad plan, I think we need to stop spending our money overseas on military endeavors)
Thank you for the reality post.
I have been sayin this for months,.. the people here are a bunch of chicken little clones. screamin the end is near.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
oops. new at posting.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by IScreamSundays]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Interesting hypothesis Astrogolf. It would be helpful to know what ports these 46 ships came from.
I passed through Norfolk Va last weekend and there were 3 carriers parked and no visible activity, even military air trafiic which is odd for that area.
I had wondered if they were moving all our assets offshore in order to clear the way for UN troops (which now includes china).
One way or the other we'll discover the truth soon enough I fear. Charlie Rangel just introduced a bill to reinstate the draft. They're not getting my kids! (I have 4 draft-age sons).
I'll be checking back on this thread to see what else comes up.
S&F

Rangel introduced this bill over 4 years ago. For the reasons he states below:

snip>

"I don't expect my bill to pass; my purpose in introducing this legislation is for it to serve as a constant reminder that we have lost 2,200 of the best, brightest and bravest Americans, have had thousands more maimed, and countless Iraqi citizens killed. As the President speaks of a national response involving the military option, military service should be a shared sacrifice. Right now the only people being asked to sacrifice in any way are those men and women who with limited options chose military service and now find themselves in harm's way in Iraq. A draft would ensure that every economic group would have to do their share, and not allow some to stay behind while other people's children do the fighting.
snip>

www.house.gov...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by fuse360

The MSM/Bush widely promoted 'Axis of Evil' is double speak for the USA/ISRAEL CABAL. The MSM and the Cabal play the same sinister games with words.

There seems to be serious doubt that Iran has WMD - remember Saddam? I read recently that pressure had been put on the UN body concerned to get them to exaggerate the intel on this. Remember Iraq?

Surely people aren't going to fall for the same garbage twice.

These zionist/nazis are the real axis of evil.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
In order for Russia or China top start a war with us, our economy has to be bilked dry first. China alone has trillions of dollars tied into our economy and you have to understand why. Why is China so heavily invested in our country? Because their economy is growing by leaps and bounds because of our economy. As long as China can reap the benefits of a viable US and Western economy, they will not go to war with us. Now, if the Chinese know something that the American public does not, such as an immanent collapse of our economy, then they could possibly make a move but until then, I just don't see it happening. Even still, why would the Chinese make a move if they knew that the US economy was about to collapse? Why not let us take care of ourselves? There would be no nead for a military invasion if our economy was about to collapse. From where I sit, America won't be invaded by a foreign military anytime soon and certainly not unprovoked.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

You can probably take the Rangel bill out of any equation here. He has introduced this at least a couple of other times, noting the disparity of lower income troops in the professional army. A view which has some justified concerns about whose shoulder's our nation's defense lands on most heavily - mostly inner city (black and brown kids) and rural white kids. He does this knowing there's probably not 25 votes in either house that will back him up. I'm not trying to put him on pedestal but I think he has a point to make and this is the way he's making it. I'll read through the thread completely before further comment.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

With all do respect, America has no interest in taking over Russia. If they did that would have happened in the 80's with the fall. They have bases positioned globally because we are considered a superpower.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Military strategically deployed across the globe.
Israel given the OK to strike Iran with the US to help and defend our troops on the ground
3 Aircraft Carriers in the Persian Gulf to protect the oil routes
The coming destruction of the dollar www.worldreports.org...

This is what I see:
The time is right for a fight because the military cannot wait for logistic support to take care of so many troops on the trigger.
Foreign troops coming to the US for a fight of their lives and ours. Alot of people will be horizontalized.
Be ready sheeple!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by brutalsun

The other thread to this I linked you to earlier went into that to some detail.

Do you guys actually READ posts here?
Making a habit of not doing so? Well lets just say...you'll miss stuff. There are at least two thread on ATS from the last few days where people have covered the topic of possible military movement to Costa Rica in pretty great detail. ATS is always a great place to start in cross-referencing facts about a lead. But carry on....

[edit on 7/10/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Three or four times or more if you count the last almost identical "war drums" on Iran in 2007 and all the minor rumblings of the same that have been occurring since on about 1995 at least.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
There is nothing to be concerned about people... We have a huge barrage of Patriot missles in Quatar pointed right at Iran and have had them there for a damn good minute. We used to store nukes all over Europe, some bases still have them. We also send missle and radar batteries to Israel as well as Poland. If you are America's ally we will help arm and defend you. This means nothing, no war planned, nothing but security.

As for the ships off Costa Rica or w/e that is nothing really either. There isn't much for the NAVY to do in a war in the desert with a bunch of towelheads that have no NAVY or ships.

And as for the activity on a military base picking up could be 1 of 1,000 things....
Maybe they have an ORI coming up (Operation Readiness Inspection) Maybe they are having exercises ( We have them ALOT in the military)
Maybe there are transient planes from other bases located at a particular AF base.
A military base is always busy and there is something always going on, take it from me.

All paranoia, fear mongering, and propaganda. Nothing is going on other than the media and internet brainwashing people to make them scared or worried because that is how they keep us in control.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrogolf

So, in short order after the Gulf of Mexico BP disaster, we have Patriot Missiles in Poland, 46 Navy ships to Costa Rica (evacuated) to help with the "war on drugs" from a president who, judging from Arizona, isn't really all that much into the war on drugs,

It appears the "War On Drugs" is really a war on those Law Enforcement trying to keep drugs out of the USA.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by minigunner

I think you're right Agent, we are not after Russia at this moment, maybe sometime down the road, but that would involve NATO at the very least and I doubt there's any enthusiasm for that there. China, no way. We wouldn't send troops to China throughout World War II, except Air units, volunteers (flying tigers and the OSS) and NSC 68 is taken seriously for the most part about "no land wars in Asia). Any doubts about the wisdom of that were laid to rest by Vietnam.

War on drugs? I doubt it. Costa Rica is at best a stepover point and there are plenty of those throughout the Caribbean and Central America. Protecting the Panama Canal in case of other action though is quite possible. Besides, the CIA is too invested in supplying the Sina Loa Cartel right now to want to stop the coc aine pipeline up completely and the largest CIA presence in Latin America has tradtionally been in Costa Rica.

Gas Methane bubble concern. Maybe? Don't know enough about where the ships were based or what the consideration given that by the White House is anyway.

That leaves either Chavez or Iran. Chavez will take another false flag, at least, to justify massive military response and 7000 marines won't be enough to start something up there, I don't think, because it will go on for years even if Chavez is taken out quickly. Plus, are they really thinking a third conflict in another theatre of war other than Central Asia?

Iran seems most likely, and the point on missiles in Poland being primarily about a shield against Iran several posts back is solid and agrees with official statements. We are already building up and maybe built up there too, at least as much as we're going to be I think.

N.Korea; a pair of US academics from John Hopkins and U. Virginia have just issued a report on their findings on the Cheeon Sinking and they said adamantly that it was not caused by a torpedo. These guys were no flaming leftists either and they were invited by S. Korea to examine the wreckage. They said the remains of the torpedo found, were too far away from the ship, consisted of only a propeller and a piece of the nose cone with numbers still painted on it which wouldn't have survived an explosion, plus no sign of an outward entry to the ship. Explosion happened within. So I doubt we have a good reason to use that as an excuse for war at the moment.

So, Russa - no, China - not much sense, N. Korea - not at the moment, War on Drugs - not likely for a number of a reasons, Chavez overthrow - maybe, but seems kind of Quixotic, Merthane - maybe, Iran - maybe. It is a game of global chess going on here one way or the other as someone said above.

Good Thread!

Here's a post for the Korean "attack" on Voice of America.

www1.voanews.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02
There is nothing to be concerned about people... We have a huge barrage of Patriot missles in Quatar pointed right at Iran and have had them there for a damn good minute. We used to store nukes all over Europe, some bases still have them. We also send missle and radar batteries to Israel as well as Poland. If you are America's ally we will help arm and defend you. This means nothing, no war planned, nothing but security.

As for the ships off Costa Rica or w/e that is nothing really either. There isn't much for the NAVY to do in a war in the desert with a bunch of towelheads that have no NAVY or ships.

And as for the activity on a military base picking up could be 1 of 1,000 things....
Maybe they have an ORI coming up (Operation Readiness Inspection) Maybe they are having exercises ( We have them ALOT in the military)
Maybe there are transient planes from other bases located at a particular AF base.
A military base is always busy and there is something always going on, take it from me.

All paranoia, fear mongering, and propaganda. Nothing is going on other than the media and internet brainwashing people to make them scared or worried because that is how they keep us in control.

Sounds like your the true supporter of the forces then

If you are America's ally we will help arm and defend you. This means nothing, no war planned, nothing but security.

You said it like a sheep, sorry but a war with russia has been planned since the end of the 80s and 90s.

Oh really? is nothing really either really? sending 46 navy ships is really something and something we should be following not toying it away in the closet.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

"Charlie Rangel just introduced a bill to reinstate the draft. "

This sounds scary...until you do a bit of research and find out that good ol' Charlie has been introducing (and re-introducing) the SAME draft bill EVERY session of Congress since AT LEAST 2003.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Hey Lucidity, You're right that was/is a good thread and I read it up to a point - I think four pages in anyway. Good stuff there. Several posts out there on the middle east ship movements and Iran too. I just caught that VOA article on N.korea, S. Korea last night so posted that. This whole thing may be just what the post before mine above said as well. Not that much for the domestic navy to do right now except keep an eye on the western Caribbean/Canal Zone. The attack capabilities of the ships you listed seems more like relatively, and I use that word advisedly, ground support. May be a war on drugs thing, or a quick hit on Chavez, but I think neither really. If it's it war on drugs, it will be a light operation and limited goals and objectives. We simply don't send the Marines for that, or at least we haven't before.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join