It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missiles in Poland, 46 Navy Ships Evac to Costa Rica, Tomahawks off China? Now I Get It. You Better

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Hell, we've planned war with Russia since WWII, and that's if you don't count the time we invaded for a short time after WWI, but Russia is big, scary place to fight and we simply don't have enough free resources for that right now. Besides a few Patriot Batteries and a hundred troops in Poland are not much of a deterrent to nuclear counterstrike which is likely possibility with any real conflict with Russia. I don't think that's it.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by astrogolf

I'm no longer in but I've still got buddies that may have some info. I'll check.
The missiles in Poland seems the oddest to me. Obama made such a big deal about NOT doing it even when the Poles were practically begging him to deploy them...
Maybe Obama's famous temper got the better of him after the "spies" were outed?
Another weird thing... I was scheduled to go back to Afghanistan in Sept. with a private contractor. I got a call yesterday asking about "re-scheduling" that deployment to next month.... I asked for details and was told in no uncertain terms, "Don't ask any questions." I asked if I could discuss this with family/friends so I can make arrangements and he said (he's actually a buddy that I was in 'stan with last time who is now a desk jockey - a bullet through your knee does that) "do what you gotta do."
Maybe all you conspuracy "nuts" :-) are onto something.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Hey all, I just stumbled on this, which is probably just fodder for another thread but I thought I'd post here too since we're sending the navy out and down the coast to Costa Rica.

www.cbsnews.com...

Can't quite imagine why the navy would respond to this, so I don't think it has a role, but something to tuck in your hat band.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

Interesting are you with the US army or PMC?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Could this stuff have anything to do with the troop movements down to the south a few months back? Getting them staged to move out?

And of course the question....why?

Interesting times indeed.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by brutalsun

The other thread to this I linked you to earlier went into that to some detail.

Do you guys actually READ posts here?
Making a habit of not doing so? Well lets just say...you'll miss stuff. There are at least two thread on ATS from the last few days where people have covered the topic of possible military movement to Costa Rica in pretty great detail. ATS is always a great place to start in cross-referencing facts about a lead. But carry on....

[edit on 7/10/2010 by ~Lucidity]

I read plenty, and being former military I can read between the lines.

In that thread you said yourself that Military.com and Sorcha Faal were reporting the same story so what do we believe? As I recall 99.99% of what Faal reports is garbage. There are a few little tidbits here and there but nothing of real consequence other than permission from the Costa Rican Government, nothing about actual movement of sailors and marines. Let's see some real proof, let's see some ship names pictures SOMETHING.

Look guys, 7000 troops is NOTHING for an invasion force. Be worried when we amass 100,000 troops at a border, that will be a key indicator of feces hitting the oscillating blade. Gulf War I, 150k troops in Saudi, Gulf War II 100k troops in Kuwait.

Ok let's pretend that we are trying to flex towards Chavez... why Costa Rica? We own Puerto Rico, it's right there, it's a direct shot to Venezuela. From a Military standpoint, it makes no sense.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by astrogolf

This sounds like a prelude to the attack on Iran. Either the 46 ships with 7,000 marines are being evacuated or they are being put into position as a fast reactionary force (expeditionary) to maintain the panama canal, but maintain it from who? And then the missiles in Poland and also the Tomahawks off China, why is that. I think this is being done to bare teeth at both Russia and China saying that if you go and support or help Iran we will attack. But it's only a bluff, because I really don't see the US going to war with China and Russia over Iran. So it's basically being done to remind them that we will fight but we won't fight if you don't interfere. So the ball is in their court. Now for the ships I believe it's for the Panama canal also, but what if it's not to protect it from china or russia but from some third party going into the canal and blowing up.

But there is evidence that they blacked out the tsunami info for the gulf recently and then this move. Something major is going to happen very very soon either war or catastrophe or both.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

i consider to say "dollar clans want to take over Russia & others" is more suitable
but oiligophrenic children gonna get nice surprise on their head

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Don't know if this has been posted.

" (Reuters) - Russia criticized on Wednesday the United States' deployment of Patriot missiles in Poland, saying the move did not help security or trust."
www.reuters.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
That's a very good point on why Costa Rica if we're going after Venezuela. Colombia, which is close enough ally to agree to help stage for a strike on Venezuela would be a more logical choice. The Dutch also control the island, I forget its name very near Venezuela where Chavez was taken to in the last coup in the early Bush years. But we don't know where the ships are really heading at this point - at least not until word comes that somebody's spotted them or they arrive. They might be heading further south. Damn, just know about this stuff at this point. BTW, I've found Sorcha Faal to be right on at least a full 1% of what I've seen!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostpigeon
That's a very good point on why Costa Rica if we're going after Venezuela. Colombia, which is close enough ally to agree to help stage for a strike on Venezuela would be a more logical choice. The Dutch also control the island, I forget its name very near Venezuela where Chavez was taken to in the last coup in the early Bush years. But we don't know where the ships are really heading at this point - at least not until word comes that somebody's spotted them or they arrive. They might be heading further south. Damn, just know about this stuff at this point. BTW, I've found Sorcha Faal to be right on at least a full 1% of what I've seen!

The Dutch own the Antilles.
That is pretty interesting stuff about the patriot batteries, I'm guessing the spy scandal had a lot to do with the decision to place them there as he was so adamant about taking the radar station away last year...

Ok, ok so she's wrong 99% og the time

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I believe we are going to strike IRAN and IRANS buds might come into play. So when we strike, we don't want any loose missles flying around to hit oil wells or the gulf states of U.S.A. Coasta rica is in good firing range to hit venezuella. ALSO, we are in good fire range to hit IRAN. I also believe NORTH KOREA will come into this maybe later or right away. I see alot of missles flying around soon and IRAN and parts of AFGHANISTAN and VENEZUELLA will be lit up like a cristmas tree. I definately don't recommend going over there in the next month.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by nite owl]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

try this:

www.insidecostarica.com...

Legislators Appeal To Constitutional Court To Stop U.S Warships From Entering Costa Rican Waters"

The decision authorizing the patrol of Costa Rican waters by U.S. warships is being contested by a group of legislators, headed by Gloria Bejarano, who filed an action of unconstitutionality with the Sala Constitucional (Costa Rica's constitutional court).The legislators believe the authorization that was voted on and granted last week for the entry of 46 naval warships, 200 helicopters, war planes and 7.000 Marines as confirmed by the president of the Legislative Assembly, Gerardo Villanueva, violates Costa Rica's Political Constitution.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
The war machine has started. Has anyone heard any new news from NORTH KOREA and what they are diong?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Why would you start a war on iran in summer ? Must be pretty damn hot there.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I"ll say again. The main US asset in the local area of Costa Rica is the Panama Canal. Tere is little doubt that this is the cause for 7000 Marines being deployed to that arena.

In 1989 Bush sent a blended force of all combat services to invade Panama and capture Noriega. Combined forces totaled nearly 4,000.

Panama invasion revisited

Now 21 years later with equipment and tactics upgrades, not to mention combat experience. A force of Marines with the capability of at least twice that used in the Panama invasion is going to be used in the interdiction of drugs...NOT

They are there to keep the canal safe. From Venezuela and any other forces that may determine to assist Iran.

I can see no other explanation. BTW one item not mentioned in above posts or OP is the release of previously highly classified information on the US Count of Nuclear warheads.
Was this information released in order to give pause to other powers about our ability to implement MAD?

Speaking of MAD. I was talking to a friend yesterday about Obama may be having a breakdown...going against the majority of Americans on several different issues. Handling of GoM disaster..
This itself may be a ruse to other leaders witnessing these crazy actions..Is he crazy enough to launch?

Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by brutalsun

thanks and thanks again on the Antilles prompt. That one just blew right out of mind when I was posting. I have to read the thread since I took a dinner break, but I"m watching this pretty closely and will post anything else that seems to contribute later.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrogolf
From Appearances, this move indicates that the navy is moving most assets from the gulf, out of fear of a methane release/tsunami. A national disaster of this magnitude would be an inviting opportunity for our enemies to make a move (never let a chrisis go to waste, as the admin. puts it), hence a bold defensive statement to both the Russians and Chinese, in anticipation of such.

Whatever time I just spent reading this thread got killed in your second post.

Don't tell me you've bought into this lunacy... Methane Tsunami? Really? I thought we were done with that nonsense already.

Maybe they're going to bomb the other side of the Earth exactly as it happens to keep the methane tsunami from "blowing the Earth out of orbit" as some of our heavily tin-foiled members have suggested, right?

This is just getting silly now. I'm pretty sure a lot of you make threads by throwing darts at boards with random things stuck to them and put them together as some kind of informative revelation.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by awakentired

The Panama invasion was to arrest Noriega and very little else. Costa Rica's not a big country and 7000 marines might be sent to fight drugs, but we simply don't send in the marines as "DEA agents in force." And I'll say it again, check out the history of the CIA and drug smuggling. We're not going to wage a drug war in the CIA's backyard (see senate hearing S Hrg.100-773, 1988). I don't think it's likely the marines are going in to stop drugs, but it's always possible.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by awakentired

You read my mind. I was thinking the same thing; protect the canal during the upcoming thing/conflict/military action/war...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join