It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oakland Riots Live stream/Police Scanner

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Funny how they always march on the Foot Locker and not City Hall.

Usual suspects, usual behavior, usual posts.

Personally I thank god we have the police and the Second Amendment to keep these thugs from our throats.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jdills1196

Im amazed that the police in Canada and the USA are still using open frequencies. The UK and much of Europe has adopted the TETRA radio systems which are encrypted and can't simply be listened to (yet).

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Just remember, the whole thing started because there was nobody to keep the police from our throats...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

No, this started because the animals don't know how to act on BART.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I am going to repost this because I feel it is important. Especially for the people who want the officer convicted of a higher charge.

Jurors in the trial of former BART police Officer Johannes Mehserle will be given the option of convicting him of second-degree murder, voluntary manslaughter, involuntary manslaughter or nothing at all, a judge ruled Wednesday on the eve of closing arguments.

source

**Second-degree murder is ordinarily defined as 1) an intentional killing that is not premeditated or planned, nor committed in a reasonable "heat of passion" or 2) a killing caused by dangerous conduct and the offender's obvious lack of concern for human life. Second-degree murder may best be viewed as the middle ground between first-degree murder and voluntary manslaughter.

**Voluntary manslaughter is commonly defined as an intentional killing in which the offender had no prior intent to kill, such as a killing that occurs in the "heat of passion." The circumstances leading to the killing must be the kind that would cause a reasonable person to become emotionally or mentally disturbed; otherwise, the killing may be charged as a first-degree or second-degree murder.

**Involuntary manslaughter usually refers to an unintentional killing that results from recklessness or criminal negligence, or from an unlawful act that is a misdemeanor or low-level felony (such as DUI). The usual distinction from voluntary manslaughter is that involuntary manslaughter (sometimes called "criminally negligent homicide") is a crime in which the victim's death is unintended.

Now for the questions -

What would you like to have seen him convicted of, considering the evidence on video and the circumstances of the crime?

Why?

Do you believe that the officer involved intended to kill Oscar Grant, in front of 200+ people on video, or could it have been a horrible mistake?

Do you feel that if Oscar Grant had just let the officers handcuff him instead of fighting the officers by trying to hide his hands under his body, would this have happened?

Now, to really toss a wrench in it.

What if your father or brother was that officer? Would that change your viewpoint?

If Oscar Grant was your part of your family, would you want people from out of town tearing up your neighborhood AFTER you had specifically aked that the only protests you wanted were to be PEACEFUL protests out of respect for the memory of your family member?

Just trying to get people to think before they speak out about something that is happening in my neighborhood. I hope I have made a few people think about what they are going to post by reposting this and adding the questions.

~Druidae

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Druidae]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

In the halls of the slavery nation clearly the cry resounds:
"Let my sneakers GO"!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by doctorwork

Oh, I get it now......if you dress a certain way, act and speak a certain way...then the laws don't apply to you. Instead of working you can just take what you want.......as long as it's from white store owners. Two wrongs don't kmake a right and having Christmas in July really doesn't address the issue at hand. It only confirms the fact that animals are always gonna be animals and opportunistic people from certain races will use any excuse to act up. Sorry, big face palm.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by silverbullett
I live here. It's not as bad as it sounds. Very peaceful for hours. Just some opportunistic morons looting some stores for personal gain.

Yea, that's what makes it so bad. A man gets killed and all some of these idiots think of is stealing some shoes. But they would take any opportunity to steal as some people are like this. They should have listened to what the boys family and attorney told them, no more violence....

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctorwork
Oh, I get it now;

if you dress in a (usually) blue cop costume, wear a name tag and a badge and label yourself as security or police, you can kill, rob, and rape at will with pretty much no real consequences. And, you and your gang buddies can attempt to cover up your crimes without being charged with obstruction.

Now I get it.

Aren't costumes powerful.
Read "Adventures in Legal Land" if you still have doubts.

It is a puzzlement that in DOJ crime statistics tens of thousands of black on white rapes and essentially zero white on black rapes. Oh sure, people can burn the town down and loot it, but they be afraid to report being raped by the evil whity rapeforce dressed in their dreaded uniforms. Their are not afraid to fight them on the sidewalks with dozens of polices on streets but afraid of the phone.
** PuLEEze, there is already a race war on, and it is chronicaled in the DOJ violent crime tats for all to see

[edit on 9-7-2010 by mordant1]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druidae
I am going to repost this because I feel it is important. Especially for the people who want the officer convicted of a higher charge.

Jurors in the trial of former BART police Officer Johannes Mehserle will be given the option of convicting him of second-degree murder, voluntary manslaughter, involuntary manslaughter or nothing at all, a judge ruled Wednesday on the eve of closing arguments.

source

**Second-degree murder is ordinarily defined as 1) an intentional killing that is not premeditated or planned, nor committed in a reasonable "heat of passion" or 2) a killing caused by dangerous conduct and the offender's obvious lack of concern for human life. Second-degree murder may best be viewed as the middle ground between first-degree murder and voluntary manslaughter.

**Involuntary manslaughter usually refers to an unintentional killing that results from recklessness or criminal negligence, or from an unlawful act that is a misdemeanor or low-level felony (such as DUI). The usual distinction from voluntary manslaughter is that involuntary manslaughter (sometimes called "criminally negligent homicide") is a crime in which the victim's death is unintended.

Now for the questions -

What would you like to have seen him convicted of, considering the evidence on video and the circumstances of the crime?

From a legal stand point he was probably charged with IM because thats all they were certain they could prove. Had they charged him with SDM they case would have been much harder to show and may have resulted in NG verdict.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

From a legal stand point he was probably charged with IM because thats all they were certain they could prove. Had they charged him with SDM they case would have been much harder to show and may have resulted in NG verdict.

The jury had the option of convicting him of ALL THREE of those charges, as well as letting him off completely. They convicted him of one of those three charges. Does the conviction fit the crime, based on evidence?

~Druidae

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mordant1

Spot on my friend.

I hear this gang banger (what a loss to the world) was going to be the new Gandhi.

Why is the media say when a black person is killed by a white that is 'racist' but when a white is killed by a black that is just a 'crime'.

The world is without one less gang banger.

Oh what a tragedy.

As i type this I am weeping fat crocodile tears.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mistafaz

Were you there? Because it is quite easy to sit in your armchair and ponder and pontificate about how cops wouldn't do that. I was there, and I can tell you, that if you look at the picture I posted of everybody smashing into the jewelry store, that train station right there was filled with cops, decked out in riot gear, who were just standing there watching everyone steal rings and grills to their hearts content. There were maybe thirty people breaking into the jewelry store, and the rest of the block was empty. The cops could easily have stopped them, and they chose not to.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

No offense guy, but... 'D-uh'.
To some children and to all adults, evaluation of the facts where the understanding of facts lead to a logical and impartial result shouldnt need explanation or appear inflammatory. That it does is what the problem has become and logic as capitulated to limbic based irrational justification of a desired emotional result.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by teamnick

Could it be the cops knew arresting these animals would escalate the violence, not to mention lawsuits against the city? Could it be that by allowing the animals to feed they know they will calm down and return to the hood from whence they came? I think the cops should have gone in and busted everyone of their heads..........however....we need to be pc or else the Al and Jessie show will arrive. These animals are just doing what comes naturally to them........perhaps the cops should react in kind and at least lend some sort of justification to the animals actions.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by teamnick

Couldn't be there since I was being held over in SF at my station waiting to see if the SHTF downtown, but I was in a computer chair with arms so you're close.

Property damage and looting are low priorities when executing a complex crowd control maneuver, unless there are immediate threats to human life. The main objective of the crowd control was just that controlling the crowd to certain areas and trying to slowly wedge them into a group where there is sufficient backup to coordinate a mass arrest. Cops chasing after the dozen people looting one store would compromise the integrity of the line.

OPD tried going after individual instances during the disturbance the year the Raiders went to the Superbowl and they learned from the mistakes they made during that night.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
GANGBANGER SHOE APPEAL !

I think we should organise a collection of new trainers from Nike / Reebok etc and then when the gang bangers riot instead of tear gas the cops fire from a big cannon sets of trainers.

This will then cause the rioting mob to turn their anger on each other, as opposed to shops / white people etc etc

Once those trainers start flying into the crowd the gang bangers will cease smashing shop windows / whining to the corporate PC media about 'wacism' and instead direct their energy at trying to find a matching pair.

The cops could have a stockpile of Nike / Reebok trainers etc ready just in case of another 'riot'.

In a really dangerous riot they could roll widescreen TV's down the street, buckets of KFC and spray them down with cannabis smoke.

I reckon we should organise a 'Donate A Trainer, To Keep The Peace Appeal'.

What do you think ?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Well, therein lies the problem. Most of the "animals" who went along with it weren't from Oakland, and they certainly weren't from the neighborhood. Everybody who lived in the area was urging the idiots to go elsewhere and trash their own neighborhood. The crowd was doing a wonderful job controlling itself until the black-hooded agent provocateurs started smashing # up, and the police charged in forcing everyone to disperse.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join