It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oakland Riots Live stream/Police Scanner

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
So what do you do when pecefull protests don't work ?

The farmer does not listen to his flock unless a bull runs him over before having a quite word in his ear.

Our police are not peacfull and arrest people for not jumping when told and call it obstructing the pavement or some other silly name. i won't jump just because i'm told would you.

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
The amount of racism in this thread is staggering, the fact it's being allowed disgusting.

Your so yesterday thinking you can throw the race card and everyone will crumble.

We had that for the past 30 years and i've got news for you ! it's not working.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LieBuster

if it was such a black problem and a black riot why did live tv show almost all people arrested were white? the black buisnesses even took some creative preemtive measures to prevent there stores from being hit by posting pictures of oscar on there walls saying black owned black operated and those werent hit the problem with the rioters were the outsiders(ie people NOT from okland) that shows up just to cause mischeif the racist nonsense needs to stop we are all humans regardless of skin pigment figured by now most biggots would have gone the way of the dinosaur but i guess realization hasent clicked yet

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LieBuster
Our police are not peacfull and arrest people for not jumping when told and call it obstructing the pavement or some other silly name. i won't jump just because i'm told would you.

Hey, if you find enough people to change the laws then I'll dutifully enforce it even if I don't agree. But until then, when police tell crowds to get off the street citing it as an illegal demonstration, you jump or go to jail.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
And this is where congresswoman lee and the mayor of Oakland say they support the rioters ...

Lee said she stands with Oakland Mayor Ron Dellums, the City Council and community leaders in supporting people who want to express themselves.

So, what about government officials being in favor of law and order instead of rioters?

[edit on 7/9/2010 by centurion1211]

Funny Cent...right above that in the article she stated..

"Understandably there is grave concern in the community," Lee said. "However, during this time our city must come together peacefully so that we can begin to heal."

Are you capable of not bsing?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mordant1

Nppe, all wite people are to blame, anywhere on the planet. They have had the benefit of being wite even if they were born in a coma for life or held in a cave in lapland their whole lives. No, I'm not joking, i've been told this, yep benefit of being wite, ie benefit of not being black. If you fail to understand the wisdom of this now proven intellectual construct , you are a helpless racist, at least according to dear leader and added to the list for purging after november.

It is obvious you are the racist here "buddy"...

You make no sense whatsoever and at the same time you want to blame all "white people" for the deeds of a few...

So according to you, if people don't agree with your racist, blatant exagerations we are all racist...

I fail to understand not only your syntax, but also your idiotic argument...

Please learn to make an argument because all you did was to post incoherent, racist ramblings as well as inciting violence against people who are not black...

[edit on 9-7-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

There's a part of me that thinks they're trying to be sarcastic but the post is all over the place.

I'd really like to hear from them, in a coherent manner, what they're trying to get across but if that's not a possibility then they'll get the invite to my ignore list.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

No doubt if I apply the same standards to you that I do for myself you'll call me a racist, and if I apply your standards to me you'll call me a racist. Wut up wit dat?
In actual fact I dont give one tiny iota of a feces what one think is or call rasiss. I think one should take some time and clean up they own home and continent and make it heaven on earth before g be tell me to clean up mine's. Some got the wrong dog reppin youre offended, and whatever wolf tickets you sellin nobody buyin no more and more folk are growing a spine and dropping any sense of guilt for what's not their rap. By the fruit will one know the tree, so I suggest making your own fruit for a change.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mordant1

Welcome to my ignore list guy. I gave you numerous chances.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Put yourself in the young officers shoes. Your in one of the nastiest gang ridden towns and your confronting several gang member, the guy was Obviously scared and lost control of his thoughts and grabbed the wrong gun.

This is why Tazzers should not be carried by police.

Second, If the guy AKA gang scumbag thug had not been causing trouble then this would not have happened.

Then again most these people in Oak town will never understand that one.

Some cops are bad but most are just like you and me trying to make a buck with families to feed.

The officer should not have to pay for 10 years of his life because someone else put him in that situation. Its the gangs and bad police tazzer policy period, end of story.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

"White Guilt"

Because all the media outlets are trying to be politically correct and not show the obvious criminals. When was the last time you saw a commercial for a home security system, where the person breaking in to the home, was not white?

[edit on 9-7-2010 by RicketyCricket]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
Put yourself in the young officers shoes. Your in one of the nastiest gang ridden towns and your confronting several gang member, the guy was Obviously scared and lost control of his thoughts and grabbed the wrong gun.

This is why Tazzers should not be carried by police.

Second, If the guy AKA gang scumbag thug had not been causing trouble then this would not have happened.

Then again most these people in Oak town will never understand that one.

Some cops are bad but most are just like you and me trying to make a buck with families to feed.

The officer should not have to pay for 10 years of his life because someone else put him in that situation. Its the gangs and bad police tazzer policy period, end of story.

So much racial tension on the streets now that those constrained by the appearance of lawfulness have PTSS. Few outsiders can fathom the subtlties of street life far removed from their upbringing or tolerate the us vs them atmosphere where satisfaction whatever the circumstances seems impossible and coup is counted by those that feel dissed in any way. Few understand that in polite suburban culture, life is something trending toward genteel consistancy, quite different from the inner city where style and behavior and culture much more closely mirror that of the more common experience of prison, underground economy and the thin skin of civility underlies vast pools of violence and indolence that eddy in the more hidden places.
Under these circumstances one can only wonder why anyone normal would apply to work in those conditions, where any coping mechanisms are likely to be negative and life changing. It's gotten so bad everywhere that even the accusation of perception of impropriety is automatically followed by severe punitive measures degrading in their severity as they are in their assumptions, and those that really want to screw things up and have no interest in honest dialogue know well how easy it is to upset the applecart. The perhaps well intentioned kneejerk reactions tend only to obscure that while demanding unilateral understanding the complaining side offers nothing in exchange and as such has no responsible standards to achieve, and all epiphets become only a matter of perception, where the more sensitive and vocal claim greater insult even as they reply in kind. Sad fact is that any legitimate discussion is now unacceptable and unrefereeable, in oakland, or anywhere else, even here. In the face of inability to slowly and constantly relieve societal pressures bu allowing both sides to make their boundries evident and find a middle ground based on reality and a reasonable degree of desenitization, the buildup of pressure to and past the busting point is ensured and the results inevitable and while it always takes at least two sides to discuss and debate, it only takes one to destroy one or all

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
wow its getting out of hand here we as a people need to do something before times runs out and what we know as ours, will be theirs, happiness will be nothing more then just memories, life, love and health is our source to be sane and not insane but sometime ones got to be insane in order to bring out the sanity of others Albert Einstein said "Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding." we as a people need to understand one another if not misunderstanding will lead to our destruction

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by killuminati88

Peace is established only by voluntary consensus, common goals and a significant perception of predominant common ground.
The lack of encouragement of leaders to ritualize the same behaviors and responsibilities for all make perceived realities, and subsequently perceptions so different in interpretation as to make peace impossible.
That some enforcement by authorities is necessary is a fact of life as some deviancy will always get out of hand. That even with an army of law enforcement peace and safety cannot be expected tells that general turmoil is not far away as acceptable and unacceptable behaviors overlap too much.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by killuminati88
wow its getting out of hand here we as a people need to do something before times runs out and what we know as ours, will be theirs, happiness will be nothing more then just memories, life, love and health is our source to be sane and not insane but sometime ones got to be insane in order to bring out the sanity of others Albert Einstein said "Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding." we as a people need to understand one another if not misunderstanding will lead to our destruction

You're a few punctuations short of a coherent post guy.

What's exactly getting out of hand?

Is it the events on the platform of the BART station that January morning, the actions of the few last night in Oakland or the content of discussion in this thread?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mistafaz

Funny he make de perfect sense to me, as far as he goes, of course I have not had the benefit of a flatfoot edjumacation, eschewing that to enter servics as a comissioned officer, so I cant say exactly that I wasnt a paid-for go-fer biatch at some point too, although I did eventually choose to pursue my ideals rather than kiss a$$ til pension time.
Since you seem to be in charge of passing judgment here, exactly what's yer point, occifer?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
What that cop did wrong and he knew it. He is just trying to save his ass. I am all for defending cops, but this sh~~ is uncalled for. He is well trained to know the difference between a gun and a tazer gun. This sh!! causes racism to increase even more.

The human race experiment has failed!!!! Our 200,000 year reign must end!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

That is BS. There is a difference in weight between a gun and a tazzer gun. My white friend was the one who even stated this. he believes the cop was in the wrong in this one.

Why is it always a white cop shooting a black man and it always happens that the black man is cuffed? The same thing happened a few years back in Chicago I believe. Why can't it be a white on white crime or a black on black crime? I can never understand this shi!!

I feel as if things like this always finds ways to just increase tensions in racism. I feel some mysterious entity wants us to keep on fighting amongst ourselves.

Bah FFFFFFF the human race.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted

Powerful stuff

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Aristophrenia

That was a terrible incident made worse by the blatant disregard of applying first aid immediately after the shooting.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Pictures i saw showed most were blacks but thats more than likly just what the media wanted people to see.

Don't shoot me i'm on your side with this one.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join