It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oakland Riots Live stream/Police Scanner

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
So are the riots over? I've been watching TV for the last few hours and haven't seen anything on the news about it.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
So are the riots over? I've been watching TV for the last few hours and haven't seen anything on the news about it.

Look mate when the lights go out it's a bulb or a power cut and when the TV goes off it's the TV's circuit board or a news blackout.

Maybe they have learnt from brevious mistakes and won't end up showing people walking through sections of the ship as happend after they release news footage of the ilegal attack on the gaza peace protestors this time.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Jeese louise!
that cop was way out of his mandate.
Usually we prefer to have a tiral, find the defendant guilty, and only then execute him .
Since when can a police officer become judge jury and executioner all in the act of making an arrest of a compliant subject.
What i saw on the film was cold blkooded deliberate murder.....
Nobody is gonna white wash this no matter how many excuses.
What is shown is clearly murder in the first degree.
How can you cop lovers even attempt to make excuses in light of the video.....get a grip, you have been brainwashed by the propaganda.
If the people DIDNT riot, id be even more concerned.
At least some can see the reality of the situation, no matter how the appologists whine, they cant whine loud or long enough to wipe out the stain that covers all of us.This cop should have gotten life in prison.
It will take a long time to regain any trust from the people at all......
This cop destroyed took much more than just one persons life........
There is NO WAY this can be made into other than what it apears to be.....
murder.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Just saw it on MSBC. They sure waited long enough! This is why I don't trust the MSM.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
to all of those who "just dont understand why somebody would destroy their own city"

the city of Oakland killed Oscar Grant.

and now the city of Oakland shall receive its justice.

its quite a simple concept when you think about it.i m not saying its right or i agree.

and i also do not think that Oakland pd would go to any lengths to start or agitate anything, Oakland PD is one of the brokest police departments in our state. so everybody trying to compare it to G20 summit, needs to consider the 1 billion dollar budget that Montreal had to spend on security and prepare for....oakland had neither a security budget nor advanced knowledge of the verdict...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
and to clear up why there so mad the cop claimed he was going for his tazer and ACCIDENTILY pulled his hand gun thats why there so mad i figure the least we can expect from our police officers is the ability to tell the difference between a loaded gun and a plastic tazer let alone shooting a complying suspect on the ground in the back

Too right. It does not matter if Oscar Grant was a bad apple, what his actions where that night, or how bad the crime situation in Oakland is. None of that justifies the cop's actions.

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
and part of the controversy is there were no black jurors in the jury pool it was ORIGINALLY 65 % Hispanic jurors but they switched them out for some reason to a almost 100% white jury

Not almost 100%. Seven white, four Hispanic and one Asian.

However...

One week before the jury was selected a Bureau of Justice Statistics report found...that a racially diverse jury weighed evidence and testimony longer and more carefully, brought different perspectives and life experiences to the deliberations, and made fewer factual errors. These are crucial factors in the rare cases where cops are charged with killing young black or Hispanics. A jury with no blacks, composed of mostly older middle class whites, and non-black ethnics, is much more likely to believe the testimony of police and prosecution witnesses than black witnesses, defendants, or even the victims.
Source

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mordant1
There is no reason why a single dry cleaner, liquor or electronics store should feel safe tonight.

Justice demands reparations until all are sated. Society is clearly at fault and society coast to coast must pay until it is considered finally achieved.
Really. Makes sense to me

By that logic, it would be perfectly justifiable for someone to beat or murder you then, as you are part of the system and society, right?

[edit on 9-7-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
um.. Why would a cop shoot somebody in the stomach in front of alot of civilians?

He wouldn't!

Police tasers look alot like handguns. The guy who got shot was already in handcuffs for doing whatever he did to disrupt the peace in the first place and then he still wouldn't stop so the cup pulled out his taser (or so he thought) to get this guy to calm down and stop acting like a fool. He mistakenly pulled out his handgun and the rest is history.

No cop with half a brain would knowingly shoot somebody in handcuffs in front of a bunch of innocent bystanders.

I agree with the verdict.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Manslaughter is a legal term for the killing of a human being, in a manner considered by law as less culpable than murder.

The law generally differentiates between levels of criminal culpability based on the mens rea, or state of mind. This is particularly true within the law of homicide, where murder requires either the intent to kill - a state of mind called malice, or malice aforethought - or the knowledge that one's actions are likely to result in death; manslaughter, on the other hand, requires a lack of any prior intention to kill or create a deadly situation.

From what I know the Officer Shot the kid because he thought he pulled his taser and instead shot the kid with his pistol. He didnt INTENTIONALLY and WITH MALICE kill the kid...aka want-to-kill the kid.

People should look up the statutes of law before talking crap on everything...not everything is a dang conspiracy of the world. I enjoy being sceptical and seeing the big game being played...but I really dislike the fact that folks are quick to hate the cop...the dudes career is over and he'll have to live with the fact that in an instance...when he was supposed to pull his taser to arrest this kid..he pulled out his pistol and pulled the trigger....YEP...Dang...sucks and he'll have to live with it.

Really might want to look into law enforcement if you want to bash it and what they do. Alot of people act like because law enforcement has guns its to do the deeds of TPTB. Its to be defensive because everyday you dont know who is going to try and kill you because you are a cop. So its that same attituded people have "I hate cops" that get the cops killed and why they have to have guns to protect themselves so they can go home to their wife and kids...if they even have a family because the stress of the job leads to a high suicide rate...the highest of any profession.

Dont act like the cop is a dang thug and went up to this kid and shot him intentionally trying to murder him....so all you "He should be charged with murder" people need to chill...sucks all around for the family and the officer cause he was charged. With killing someone....manslaughter. And that sucks...I am very sick and tired of everyone trying to flame a police officer when he is a friggin human being out there trying to do good and protect people (98% of the time) and a crappy situation happens and everyone wants him to be hung.

Anyways...get back to the rioting not the kill the cop charge him with murder topic.

Just had to throw that out there....lol.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Here is a good artical...about the rioting and the case. The dude is getting 2 to 4 years in prison for this and had no record and was a good officer. Cops carry their taser on the opposite side of their body in a cross-draw carry so they dont confuse it with their hand gun like this Police Officer did. He had complete justification for tasing the kid but obviously not shooting him...which is the sucky part of this whole deal.

news.yahoo.com...

"Mehserle testified that he struggled with Grant and saw him digging in his pocket as officers responded to reports of a fight at a train station. Fearing Grant may have a weapon, Mehserle said he decided to shock Grant with his Taser but pulled his .40-caliber handgun instead."

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

Yaaawn yep,
The smart peoples of Oakland it seems did not feed the trolls.
God/Godess bless them for keeping relatively calm heads.
All of those poor Police officers that had to come into work early or work on a day boff just because their masters wanted some blood.
Well even if the officers never noticed that they were exploited, at least they got paid for their time.
Did you guys see all of that duct tape?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by russianbearap05
um.. Why would a cop shoot somebody in the stomach in front of alot of civilians?

Why would a cop punch a suspect twice in the face, unprovoked, then use a racial-slur in front of civilians?

Because it happened that night. Video evidence shows Officer Pirone doing just that to Oscar Grant. Eye-witness testimony confirms the police were the aggressors and mistreating Oscar Grant and other suspects before the shooting.

Police tasers look alot like handguns.

They weigh half as much, are a different color and on the opposite side of the body from their handgun.

No cop with half a brain would knowingly shoot somebody in handcuffs in front of a bunch of innocent bystanders.

Unless he was caught up in the heat of the moment and only after realized what he had done.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reconer
The dude is getting 2 to 4 years in prison...

Because the jury found him guilty of a gun-crime as well, his sentence will be increased by 3 to 10 years. The officer will serve anywhere from 5 to 14 years, roughly the same amount as a voluntary manslaughter conviction (3 - 11). Source

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

He is going to prison...and as a former cop...thats not good. Some Rape Offenders and other violent criminals are given less...I'll have to see what I can find.

Im also going to look for the vid I remember seeing it a while back but now that this topic came up I will check it out.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

He is going to prison...and as a former cop...thats not good. Some Rape Offenders and other violent criminals are given less...I'll have to see what I can find.

Im also going to look for the vid I remember seeing it a while back but now that this topic came up I will check it out.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reconer
Here is a good artical...about the rioting and the case. The dude is getting 2 to 4 years in prison for this and had no record and was a good officer. Cops carry their taser on the opposite side of their body in a cross-draw carry so they dont confuse it with their hand gun like this Police Officer did. He had complete justification for tasing the kid but obviously not shooting him...which is the sucky part of this whole deal.

news.yahoo.com...

"Mehserle testified that he struggled with Grant and saw him digging in his pocket as officers responded to reports of a fight at a train station. Fearing Grant may have a weapon, Mehserle said he decided to shock Grant with his Taser but pulled his .40-caliber handgun instead."

Fact? Obviously an accident, lack of training, adrenaline surge, stress and fear. Yeah the flatfoot screwed up, but without intent to kill, actions have effects. Stupidity kills too. Chargin a cop with a guncrime is stupid, the thinking mans perceptions that there was a simple mixup and use of a firearm was unintentional. As for the dear departed, he takes part of the blame for essentially behaviing in an unsocialized manner in public. Somehow many allegedly oppressed people of color avoid being arrested and handcuffed every day. Surely it must be more than just oppressive slavery by the ptb that keep them going to their jobs and homes. Freedom of expression was intended to allow normal behavior in the pursuit of supporting oneself in a responsible manner. Representin g-style on a platform against other troop members is not protected speech by any definition outside the law of the jungle. WHy oh why cant some seem to get beyond that. I for one refuse to buy into believing that a separate culture which thrives and trades primarily on criminality, intooxication, violence and intimidation and generally 3rd world behavior whereby they involve the entire community in their immature and limbic behavior is acceptable by any estimation.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Yep, at the end of the day they are #-throwing their own neighborhoods and making life harder for themselves.......way to go!

Well, it is the weekend. I guess they had to loot the footlocker for new sneakers.

I love one news report called them "protesters" and it's a "protest". Looks like any excuse to loot is good for them.

Nuke the site from orbit. The only way to be sure. That town, and Chicago, needs to burn.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Blaming the police for these animals actions is just ridiculous. Face it it's Christmas in July for them.....they riot, get new clothes, t.v.'s etc, and get to "stick it to the man". Then they go back to their pathetic lives. Only, their life is now more pathetic because yet more businesses close and leave the area, not to mention raised prices due to insurance claims etc. The only real down side is now the animals must leave their pen to come into the normal peoples world to shop/lift. I guess having the idea that no one suffers from this and they are entitled is just taught as a part of their upbringing. Wonder when Obama will stop this and explain to his voter base that this is wrong?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

They are not the police??? How do you know???

These same anarchists are at every protest you can imagine, and we have a lot here in the bay area with all the different conventions. I myself have gone fisticuffs with a few of them more than once protecting myself, my workers and property. These clowns come to the protest to cause trouble, and that is what they do. Most are young, white, and come from an upper middle class family. They protest because they have nothing better to do, or so their girlfriend thinks they are cool. They run around in mobs of 10-15, 1 or 2 with a video camera taping the destruction they cause, cheering each other on. I have seen this first hand. Also, Oakland P.D. is broke.. and I mean broke broke. They are laying off another 80+ officers in the next month or so because of budget problems. This is not G20. They do not have the budget. Also, plain clothes police, or your "agent provocateers" would get rat packed pretty quickly if they tried that crap Oakland. Like I have said in 2 previous posts. It is not Mayberry.

Stirling - I suggest you read both of my posts on page 2. The first has a few questions I posed to other members here about what and why you would want a greater charge, and does the evidence support it. The second is an explanation of the charges and what each means. I challenge you answer to the questions honestly after reading both of the posts on page 2. Please read both, and U2U me if you need more explanation. I would really like to know your answer to these questions.

Lurkerman - How is destroying small business owners businesses justice for Oscar Grant? How is lighting trash bins on fire justice for Oscar Grant. How is disrespecting Oscar Grants parents wishes for a non violent protest justice? How is tearing up a city and stealing shoes justice? How is smashing the windows out of business and cars justice for Oscar Grant? How is spray painting buildings justice for Oscar Grant? The only "city of oakland" that killed Oscar Grant was the city that raised him in the "No-Snitching/Gangster" culture. So who is to blame from the city of Oakland? The People? The Schools? Mehserle did not work for the City of Oakland, he was a BART police officer (and yes, they are real cops), not Oakland PD. People need to place blame where blame is due. If you want to blame the City of Oakland, why don't they protest the other 150+ killings there a year in the same manner? Because it was a white cop? So you are saying black on black crime doesn't matter?

** To add -

If the "City of Oakland" is so up in arms about this killing, why not protest THIS as well? 2 more people shot and killed in Oakland last night. Where is the community action on this? Where are community organizers on these 2 killings?

~Druidae

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Druidae]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Wonder when Obama will stop this and explain to his voter base that this is wrong?

This is part of his "spread the wealth" plan!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join