It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7,000 US Troops to Costa Rica and 46 US Warships?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Liberty call in Costa Rica will be fun for a lot of sailors.

There is no more friendly country in central America then Costa Rica.

There cops are not corrupt like other central America countries and many locals speak English along with french and German.
Its long been a winter tourist haven for people from the EU.

its also a Excellent place to base ships to stop arms shipments from South America to the cartels in Mexico.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by ANNED]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonified Ween

To make a minor correction, Costa Rica is part of the US .. they are a Territory but not an official state (yet?)

But anyways.. I suppose it depends on what kind of boats.. when I see 46 warships, I think destroyers and aircraft carriers.. but if it's small coast-guard sized patrol boats, then I suppose that makes sense, no?

I'm sure Costa Rica will enjoy the nice boost in the economy from these 7k troops being stationed there.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Eva Golinger? She writes for the same paper that the Russian spy wrote for. Even has a article saying hes not a spy. Russian Venezuelian spy connections? I wouldn't trust to much from her she will mix truths in with lies to make a good story about how the US is evil and Russia Cuba and Venezuela are victims.
www.rebelion.org...

Strange Eva Golinger a Venezuelian who calls her self an attorney but only sues the US government and files FOIA and writes about evil CIA and government is lying to you.

Sounds formiliar?

Orly Tiatz a Russian who calls her self an attorney but only sues the US government and files FOIA and writes about evil CIA and government is lying to you.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

NO, THIS IS WHY.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Originally posted by rubbertramp
i was having trouble believing this, until i found this which seems to me like definite confirmation.

military.com

[edit on 8-7-2010 by rubbertramp]

From page 1 - verified true. The troop movement anyway. I don't about all the other stuff Eva said.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by FearNoEvil]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
mayby there not going there to fight drugs but secure fresh water reserves.....water is FAR more important to us and the world then oil would ever be just my opinion......but 46 seems kinda harsh for piracy

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The thing is a movement so that venezuella, chavez ,does not shoot at the oil wells and launches missles towards U.S.A. HE is IRANS BUD and we will be going into iran. 1st of all, why send a convoy of 46 warships to fight off drug cartels. YOU DON'T. U.S WARSHIPS, 46. WHAT,,, are we going to bomb the cartels, TALK ABOUT WAY OVERKILL. WE are there for like i said. AND YES, that is my opinion. Well see how it turns out, im pretty sure i'm right.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
My mistake please delete if necessary.
2nd line.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by g146541]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

July 8, 2010

NATO Orders 7,000 US Marines To Costa Rica As Gulf Oil Disaster Quake Fears Grow

By: Sorcha Faal, and as reported to her Western Subscribers

Russian foreign military intelligence directorate (GRU) sources are reporting in the Kremlin today that NATO has ordered over 7,000 US Marines to begin deploying in the Central American Nation of Costa Rica [map 2nd photo left] over fears the disastrous oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is about to rupture the fracture zone lying between the North American and Caribbean Plates and potentially unleashing upon the America’s a catastrophic earthquake.

As we had previously reported on in our July 4th report titled “NATO Orders All “Critical Assets” Moved 100 Miles Inland From Gulf Oil Spill Region”, NATO’s current Chairman of the Military Committee Admiral Giampaolo Di Paola has taken defacto control over the Gulf of Mexico oil disaster from President Obama who continues to this day leaving this unprecedented catastrophe in the hands of his intelligence services and BP.

Admiral Di Paola’s fears, this report continues, lies in the massive amount of abiogenic oil and methane gases being released from the Gulf of Mexico which many experts are warning could destabilize an already weakened earthquake zone and which Russian scientists are holding responsible for the 5.0 magnitude trembler that hit the Great Lakes region barely a fortnight ago and the 4.6 Virgin Island and 4.7 Guatemala quakes occurring during the past 24 hours.

Equally potentially catastrophic for this region is this massive oil spill occurring during a predicted above average hurricane season as another storm begins churning these troubled waters, it occurring during a time of a total solar eclipse due to occur on July 11th, and as our Sun begins throwing off a number of massive flares, all long associated with earthquakes in both modern and ancient lore.

The connection with catastrophic earthquakes upon our Earth and their association with solar eclipses have long been known and was last evidenced by the January 12, 2010 7.0 magnitude quake that destroyed the Caribbean Island of Haiti killing over 250,000 and occurring 3 days before the January 15, 2010 solar eclipse. Hurricane type storms are also said to be cause of earthquakes by scientists as well as solar flares.

Admiral Di Paola’s decision to move these 7,000 US Marines from their American base in North Carolina to Costa Rica, this report continues, is based upon his need to have “viable forces” positioned on either side of the North American and Caribbean Plate Zones should disaster strike.

Under pressure from NATO, Costa Rica this week granted the US military a six-month window to bring the 7,000 Marines, five planes and 46 warships into its territory by a vote of 31-8 vote by its Legislative Assembly with some lawmakers warning that their Nation was giving up its sovereignty.

And in what could possibly be one of the greatest ironies of all time, (and we’re not making this up, check the links) the American government is saying that its rapid movement of these 7,000 US Marines to Costa Rica is to help this Central American Nation “fight drugs”, while at the exact same time it not only refuses to protect its own drug infested border with Mexico, it has actually sued one of its own States for trying to protect it themselves.

Though the US government continues to blackout nearly all the news of this historic catastrophe from reaching the American people, the same cannot be said of the hundreds, if not thousands of this beleaguered Nations citizens who continue their brave mission to inform their fellow citizens of the dire straight they are all facing, such as:

The New Orleans families that traveled at great peril to the Gulf dodging roadblocks to gather their own samples of the water which show the waters are totally poisoned.

A small, but very brave, American woman named Marguerite Cravatt who at 4’11” stood up to a 6’4” police officer trying to stop her from filming one of the many workers falling ill and having to be taken to hospital.

The Sea Shepherd environmental group whose pilots have braved flying over the Gulf in fear of being shot down to document the catastrophic extent of this spill from the air.

The Archangel Project which has documented the thousands of buses being secreted into the Gulf region for possible evacuations when the true extent of this disaster becomes known.

The Florida Oil Spill Law website that has documented the hundreds of BP oil spill workers falling ill as well as reporting on the deaths occurring there too.

The anonymous BP contract worker who agreed to be interviewed and explained the meaning of the “red flags” and “black flags” being used by cleanup crews.

Though these are but a few of those seeking to tell the truth of these events, there are so many more doing the same thing that it perhaps signals that the power of the propaganda American media that exists only to serve the elite classes of the United States may, in fact, be crumbling as viewership levels have hit record lows among the United States top network newscasts.

But be warned, and as history has proven time and time again, these elite classes will not go down without a fight and care not at all how millions have to die to protect their lives of wealth and privilege.

© July 8, 2010 EU and US all rights reserved

So I guess we can throw another propaganda writer in Sorcha Faal.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Is Faal taking an actual event and embellishing? Are we sending troops and ships there or not? What about that military.com link? Did they read the story from Faal?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
ugh. I cringe whenever I even see the name Sorcha Faal.

I agree the US is going to the Costa Rican region in anticipation of action towards Venezuela. Whether it is just to make them "behave" while an Iran offensive is launched by Israel, or it is to actually try to remove Hugo Chavez from power, I don't know.
But I bet we all find out eventually.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
From a spanish source translated

Most of the ships are frigates and have a length of 135 meters , with capacity to carry two SH -60 helicopter gunships or HH- 60B, or Black Hawck and 200 marines and 15 officers each.

Other ships , such as Making USS Island have the capacity to carry 102 officers, 1449 sailors , are armored , and can carry 42 CH -46 helicopters , five AV-8B Harrier aircraft and six helicopters Blackhawks .

They may also arrive at national waters catamaran ships , a hospital ship and reconnaissance vehicles with capacity for transportation both by sea and by land.

They may also enter national waters as the ships USS Freedom, With capacity to combat submarines.

www.nacion.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Look's like someone's upset..... so I'm going with true....

www.etaiwannews.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Coast Guard dispatching ships and personnel to Costa Rica to threaten Nicaragua
By Wayne Madsen
Online Journal Contributing Writer
Jul 8, 2010, 00:20

(WMR) -- After conducting its successful coup d’etat in Honduras against President Manuel Zelaya, the imperialistic Barack Obama administration is now bent on ousting Nicaraguan President Daniel Ortega by massing a huge U.S. Coast Guard and Marine Corps presence in neighboring Costa Rica, a base of operations for Reagan administration-backed CIA operations in the 1980s in support of the Nicaraguan contras.

Costa Rican government officials, including President Laura Chinchilla, Vice President Luis Lieberman Ginsburg, Security Minister Jose Maria Tijerino, counter-narcotics Commissioner Mauricio Boraschi, and the Costa Rican Congress agreed to Operation Joint Patrol, which will see 7,000 US Marines, 46 mainly U.S. Coast Guard vessels, and 200 helicopters and 10 combat aircraft descend on Costa Rica, which does not have a military force, from July 1 to December 31.

At a time when the Coast Guard vessels could be used to assist in the clean-up of the Gulf of Mexico oil disaster, they will be used in an operation widely believed to be targeting the Sandinista government of Nicaragua, which incurred the ire of Israel and its Zionist ally in San Jose, Costa Rica, Vice President Lieberman, by severing relations with the Tel Aviv regime over the Israeli attack on the Gaza aid flotilla.

The official reason for Operation Joint Patrol is to combat drug trafficking but few in the Costa Rican opposition and in Nicaragua believe that to be the sole reason. The Joint Patrol operation is being likened to Plan Colombia, which has targeted the governments of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez and Ecuadorian President Rafael Correa from Colombian territory. The Costa Rican opposition has denounced Chinchilla’s government for militarizing Costa Rica.

It is also believed by WMR’s sources in Costa Rica that Costa Rican Vice President Lieberman, a noted Zionist, has arranged for Israeli special forces to enter Costa Rica in order to participate in operations directed against the government of Nicaragua.

Wayne Madsen says its an Israeli plot?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
OIL SPILL IN THE GULF. this is why we send troops, what a CROCK. To fight off the drug cartels, WHAT A CROCK. WHICH IS IT NOW, JUST PICK A STORY. WHAT A CROCK. I told my thoughts and i'm sticken to it.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
*SNIP*

[edit on 8-7-2010 by freetree64]

[edit on 8-7-2010 by freetree64]

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/7/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Costa Rica will Re-institute Military to Keep Out Rush Limbaugh
March 14, 2010 | frog | Comments 9 Print This Post
SAN JOSÉ, COSTA RICA – Calling it the “greatest threat our nation has ever faced,” President Óscar Arias Sánchez has announced that Costa Rica will re-institute the military in order to fend off an invasion by American radio entertainer Rush Limbaugh.

Costa Rica President Óscar Arias Sánchez surveys the rants of U.S. radio entertainer Rush Limbaugh from an unusually fortified position.
Costa Rica has not had an active military since 1948. However, President Arias felt a very real sense of urgency given the latest developments.

“We can sit back and wait to see if the U.S. passes health care reform, or we can act now,” said Arias. “We don’t want our answer to come in the form of a mushmouth cloud.”

Arias was responding to recent comments from the entertainer, who said he would move to Costa Rica if health care reform passed in the United States.

www.costaricafrog.com...

I think I found out what is going on in Costa Rica?

““This is the greatest threat our democracy has ever faced,” said Arias. “If Limbaugh gets in, then Glenn Beck, Michael Savage, Sean Hannity and Ann Coulter will surely follow.

“We cannot allow these weapons of mass distraction (wmd) come and ruin our nation as they have worked so hard to do in America,” added Arias.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
This story is not going over well with the internet world, and spreading like wildfire.... so much for a smooth operation....

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by freetree64
This story is not going over well with the internet world, and spreading like wildfire.... so much for a smooth operation....

it's kinda' funny, i posted this on another board. it hasn't hit the mainstream yet and people even said the military.com article i posted was a conspiracy theory.
it took some convincing that the military itself, on one of their own websites was not promoting a conspiracy theory.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Ha,ha yeah the military usually doesn't post their own conspiracies.... guess it will take awhile to sink in, it's all over now...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join