It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7,000 US Troops to Costa Rica and 46 US Warships?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth
reply to post by Bonified Ween

this is very well articulated. good job. maybe they are going to shut down Jurassic park
I kid

Jurassic Park really wouldnt surprise me at this point.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
46 war ships to "fight drug trafficking" LOL./..

How damn gullible does the US military think the world is?

Yeah, because we in the military obviously make the decision to move ourselves wherever we damn well please.

Grow up.

Focus on the politicians not us.

Also, we get ordered to move a smidgen of our military power down there and some of the stuff you guys are coming up with as to why really has me in tears. Really.

God I love this site.

Keep the conspiracy theories coming....

[edit on 8-7-2010 by mf_luder]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
What if this has to do with the BP spill and keeping US citizens 'in' if they declare martial law?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
[edit on 8-7-2010 by Gakus]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
46 war ships to "fight drug trafficking" LOL./..

How damn gullible does the US military think the world is?

Yeah, because we in the military obviously make the decision to move ourselves wherever we damn well please.

Grow up.

Focus on the politicians not us.

Also, we get ordered to move a smidgen of our military power down there and some of the stuff you guys are coming up with as to why really has me in tears. Really.

God I love this site.

Keep the conspiracy theories coming....

[edit on 8-7-2010 by mf_luder]

heres one for ya there was a massive gulf oil spill and a major gm crop failure at the same time then no food for every one whos your closest neighbour with lots of food?

this show of force will be a "hey buddy remember me" if you guys have a catostrofic gm wheat failure and the gulf is not fished how ya gunna feed your families

this is no joke my freinds think that america must accept help from everybody now or they will destroy the oceans for all nations

food wars ensue culling the population through starvation

one of the bad ways to go slow and lingering

your policies and polititions block help?

WTF?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Well if Marines are going to be used to fend off drug-traffickers. I say that's good. Do you have any idea what kind of crap drug-traffickers wield to protect their shipments of coc aine and other resources, etc? They're better armed than most anti-narcotics agents. Not just with AK47s but they got aircraft and other military-grade hardware that they buy off the black-market. Among some of the things they get their hands on, they buy AH-1 Cobra Gunships and vintage F4 Phantom fighter-jets. They don't screw around. And neither should anybody who plans to take them on. Anyone who begs to differ is out of their mind.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Ok so all jokes aside...What is the real story behind this? Its really going to keep me up all night trying to think of what is the motive behind all of this. The Panama canal is RIGHT next to Costa Rica so....???

Phase 1: Send In US Troops
Phase 2: ?
Phase 3: Profit

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
i just recieved a e-mail from my ex-pat buddy down there. he said they've known about it for a few weeks, and the marines are gunna' crack down on their 'communities' and 'stronghold'. he says there's a few thousand of them dug in and ready for a fight. says the drug thing is just a cover, costa rica is small time compared to many other countries.
he also said it's very similar to the u.s. going against noriega, we locked him up due to his threat of shutting down the cia-military connection smuggling cocain. they were landing cargo jets full of drugs in panama for refueling.
said they've been doing the same at an airstrip in c.r. and everyone found out about it.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by rubbertramp]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

what is "ex pat" ? Sorry - don't know the abbreviation

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bonified Ween

ex-patriot, americans who move abroad, usually for political reasons, many give up their citizenship and become citizens of the country they move to.
some have duel citizenship.
costa rica has welcomed these guys and gals for years, a high percentage of them are ex-military.

ex-pat

sorry bout all the edits, struggled on that one.

damn still didn't work, google expatriot costa rica

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp

Originally posted by Bonified Ween

ex-patriot, americans who move abroad, usually for political reasons, many give up their citizenship and become citizens of the country they move to.
some have duel citizenship.
costa rica has welcomed these guys and gals for years, a high percentage of them are ex-military.

Wow - that's pretty screwed up...... I think its pretty much a show all to all the mainstream followers that are still out there. Why isn't this in our news, at all?? Hmmmmm.....

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonified Ween

ex-pats are far more common than most people want to admit. thailand has welcomed many going back to the end of the vietnam war.

i added a bit to my last reply if interested.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Ignorance of an operation is really no reason to make up stuff about it. When we stick to the facts it is still just the US down in that region of the world we still care about doing what we do. That is of course protecting the drug trade routes and keeping down the small fry that get in our way and do not pay us our cut.

That is the US has to maintain the appearance of combating the flow of drugs by making life tough for the competing freelancers down there in Costa Rica. Freelance drug operations that do not pay the expected protection fee are dangerous and conspire with alCiada against the United States Inc. We got to put them interlopers down and preserve freedom. Go team!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

BINGO, old sock. My thing on Friday is to get one more five-pounder of
cheap rice, and a tre of water filters if I can afford it. No way not to this
week... maybe an extra screw in for that NATOface too. Y' never know.

signature
The rule of the color of law is tyranny

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex
This is an excellent find OP!

Hugo chavez is still in power, and his form of Bolivarian government is increasingly popular in the face of increasing US militancy, along with the continuing rise of fascism around the world. There is a regional standoff developing in South America.

Brazil, Venezuela and Ecuador (to a lesser extent) have essentially aligned themselves in an anti-banker, anti-western stance. Colombia, in which the government clings to power through military might aided by the US, has become a stooge for the bankers and the western alliance. Along with Panama, Mexico, and (after this thinly veiled coup) Costa Rica.

The chess pieces are still moving - Venezuela is a continued, eminent, and persistent threat to US economic-military hegemony.

The invasion / blockade can't be far off.

Parallex.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by Parallex]

Your post only shows either utter ignorance or a desire to spread lies.

First of all Chavez is at his lowest popularity ever, Venezuela is living one of its most difficult crisis thanks to the bolivarian economy, food shortage, electricity cuts, high crime rates, etc, name a disgrace and you will find it in the bolivarian regime.

Lula in Brazil is on his way out, he did a wonderful job, but may I remind you he always mantained close ties with the U.S., he will be replaced with a right wing regime.

Ecuador is close to Chavez, a member of the ALBA, but still mantains close ties with the U.S. and Correa learnt from experience what can happen if you get too close with the bolivarian terrorists.

And Colombia...

Alvaro Uribe is by far the best president Colombia has ever had, he had records of popularity not only in his first term, but in his second, in fact, if he was allowed to run again for the presidency he would have won by a landslide. He couldn¡t because Colombia is a democracy, unlike Venezuela, and the Supreme Court forbade him to do it.

Guess What??.

His succesor is his former minister of defense, Juan Santos, and he won by a record in votes, more than nine million, in a country that has never seen such a high participation in the political process, and do you by chance now what he did to get such a victory?. He fought Chavez' allies, the FARC, his bolivarian guerilla army, even did so in Ecuador, that is the reason why Correa has distancenced himself from Chavez.

Even more, Santos will be sworn into office in a few days, and Chavez, Correa and Evo will be attending.

It is easy to spread lies from afar, but come to Southamerica and see for yourself.

The Kirchners in Argentina will also be replaced by the right, and the right won in Chile, South America will be left by this time next year with only Bolivia, Uruguay and Ecuador representing the left.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
THIS JUST IN!: Barack Obama has won the nobel peace prize!!

what a crock of duck pellets... Obama LOVES WAR!!! morons..

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

So we know she's truthful anyway!

Costa Rica is not an official US territory, at least not in the same way Puerto Rico is, at least not that I know of. What I do know is San Jose has a very large ex-pat US population and a substantial portion of it IS CIA. And BTW, the CIA has does nothing but oppress Central Americans, overthrow governments down there, support right wing rebels, death squads and essentially might as well jackets with the emblems of a dozen US corporations rather than an American flag. We are not now, and never have fought for "freedom" for the Cost Rican or any other Central American country, but we have definitely fought often for United Fruit, Chase, JP Morgan, Anaconda, ITT, etc. Read some real history books if you want to claim we've been anything but what we've been accused of .

Costa Rica has also been a stop over for CIA drug smuggling operations from Europe (heroin) in the 50s, Opium from Southeast Asia in the 60s and 70s, Coke in the 80s and 90s. This all fact, many Congressional Investigations, DEA and FBI reports etc. to back that up. I have a lot of them and they're not too hard to find yourself on an internet search. I don't have time to track them down tonight because I have a possible riot in development not far away and want to monitor the situation. And I apologize if I'm a bit snappy, but I am also a professional historian and I'm still amazed how this stuff gets buried by our press all the time and people have to go buy the books many years later to find these things out sometimes.

I support this country when it's doing right for people but that has been subverted so many times, you can never assume that we do.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostpigeon

are you saying some of the ex-pats are still cia, or ex-cia?
if they are still working for the agency this is news to me.
if they are ex-cia i'd say it's very likely.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I have always wondered the same thing ever since they started using drones on the U.S. and Canadian border over the great lakes last year.

(Sorry new and still learning, the comment was made in reference to keeping U.S. citizens within borders).

[edit on 8-7-2010 by DirtyGirl]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Don't forget that China is down there in Central America. Plus we have alot of warships over in the Pacific watching China.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join