It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Comes Trouble For Everyone!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Well, my computer still works. I guess we dodged the bullet once again. I'll wait until 2400 to see if this solar flare happens.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I think we still have a chance of a little "freak out". Two sunspots now and they have turned considerably toward the earth the past couple of days. Also if you live in California or AZ you might loose electric - Palo Verde Nuclear plant has shut down (see other ATS thread for info on this).

[edit on 12-7-2010 by crazydaisy]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
A solar wind stream flowing from the indicated coronal hole should hit Earth's magnetic field on July 13th or 14th. Credit: SDO/AIA

They Keep Moving the date up. This is not out of the norm but a prim time for a CME to hit us.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
reply to post by camaro68ss

I think we still have a chance of a little "freak out". Two sunspots now and they have turned considerably toward the earth the past couple of days. Also if you live in California or AZ you might loose electric - Palo Alto Nuclear plant has shut down (see other ATS thread for info on this).

Ya that AZ nuke plant post was from 05,.. So I'd say dismiss that post as valid..

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
look at Spaceweather.com

The Coronel hole in the sun spans almost the entire length of the sun. Its amazing

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I have Comcast, and our TV and cable have been going in and out periodically all morning.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I will learn not to post before my first cup of coffee, lol. There was a thread on ATS that I can no longer find re the closing of the Palo Verde plant - I mistakeningly called it Palo Alto. Sorry about that - still puzzled

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I did not read the 7 pages of posts, but I am sure I am not the first to mention that these solar flares are not all that large. A c-class is fairly common, especially as the sun "wakes up" toward it's solar maximum (11 year cycle).

With that said, I have been toying around with a theory that this solar cycle is a little bit different. To me, geoseismic activity increases during good solar flares during this solar cycle. Unfortunately this cycle has been VERY slow to start so I have very limited data to play with, but I guess that would be a good thing if I am actually correct.

Anyway, no flare is gonna take out the electric grid anytime soon unless sunspot 1087 manages to send out a good sized burp in the next few days.

...but in the light of a prediction thread, I will go on a limb and say that since we have two sunspots traversing our side of the sun right now the likelihood of a good sized earthquake is high. Let's say a magnitude 6.8 or higher before the end of the week (July 18).

I know it is a loose/weak prediction, but my theory is not mature yet so I am just playing around with it.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join