It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Plymouth Argyle Thread.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I thought i would start what will no doubt become the hugest thread ever.

Oh right, just me then, damn.

We're not called the Pilgrims for nothing you know, staunch.

Anybody out-there?

Only requirement is a sense of humor, lets face it, if your a Pilgrim like me your going to need it.

Looking forward to smug responses from Premier league fans on easy street.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

Looking forward to smug responses from Premier league fans on easy street.

Hmmmmm are smug responses allowed from a Championship teams supporter (or just teams in general who are higher...I repeat H-I-G-H-E-R- than you.
) as well Please!?!?

Btw This is a nice idea for a thread and it couldalso be really really fun...Well, depends how plymouth play really. lol

[edit on 6-7-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Erm, yeah sure, this thread is open to all supporters of all teams.
Even those in the CHAMPIONSHIP, that are now HIGHER than Arglye.
Now that i've stopped crying.
Who yo support then dude?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Good!

I'm a supporter of Doncaster Rovers btw which is mainly because I work and live there.

Hopefully though this season we're gonna be quite the team, Well, if anything at least better than 12th position like last time round, maybe even contenders for promotion especially with Billy Sharp up front...In fact he can easily tear this league apart this season IMO.

Should be reeeeeeeeeeaallll Interesting.

Anyway I'm sure Plymouth can get to the dizzying heights of championship football in no time.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Well good luck to Doncaster Rovers, i'm cool with that.
As for Argyle, we did gain something recently.
I refer of course to Peter Reid as manager.
I still can hardly believe it, Reidy, how cool is that?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

WTH!!

How did not know this??

Ohh Man, Watch out League One.....Reidy's in town lol

Anyway yeah, he should be a good influence on the team and he has good managerial experience now a well!
Especially after coming back from Thailand where he would have learn a thing or two.

We should have had a big name like Kevin Keegan at one point but wasn't to be.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

What kind of accent do you have in Doncaster?
Just reading the 50 reasons why Britain is better than US thread and they are onto Cumbrian accents.
Your in Yorkshire aren't you (should know this,long day).
Off tut Rovers an that.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

What kind of accent do you have in Doncaster?

You want my accent...This is my accent!!

[edit on 6-7-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Yes that's right my fellow football fans,

This is the Comedy Channel.

Feeling sad about your teams performance? let me cheer you up, it could be worse, some of us can only dream.

If you have something funny to say about referee's or teams then this is what i would like to hear.

We can have a riot here in this thread without the spillage of beer or damage to other peoples property(not that i have ever engaged in such criminal actions).

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Being a Newcastle supporter, I have a soft spot for Plymouth Argyle since your club and fans treated our team so so well when we were promoted back to the premiership, Good Luck and may you get promoted quickly.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
what is all this? is it uk footballer nonsense?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

what is all this?

It's a discussion about the 'correct' football yes.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

Good!

I'm a supporter of Doncaster Rovers btw which is mainly because I work and live there.

Hopefully though this season we're gonna be quite the team, Well, if anything at least better than 12th position like last time round, maybe even contenders for promotion especially with Billy Sharp up front...In fact he can easily tear this league apart this season IMO.

Should be reeeeeeeeeeaallll Interesting.

Anyway I'm sure Plymouth can get to the dizzying heights of championship football in no time.

Good game for you tonight then! Unfortunately, Norwich didn't turn up until the second half after you went 2-0 up. Was close towards the end, until the deflected free kick gave Coppinger his hat trick!

Can see Doncaster finishing in the play offs. Hopefully a top half place would be a good finish for Norwich.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Plymouth Argyle ?

Hang on a minute, let me recollect...

Oh yes, aren't they the team that had a fleeting chance at the big time, but bottled it, and are now consigned to mid to lower table mediocrity in ''League 1'' ?

By the way, has this thread turned into to the de facto thread to discuss ''The Championship'' on BTS ?

Oops, my apologies, I forgot it was about Plymouth...

edit on 14-9-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I reckon Donny will do all right this season, too.

They have quite a solid squad.

I think the fact that Blackpool got promoted last season with, in all due respect, a ''limited'' team, will put more and more pressure on the teams that expect to attain survival or stability in the division.

Chairmen of teams like Doncaster, Millwall, S#horpe etc. may start thinking: ''Hang on a minute, if 'Olly could guide a bunch of second division quality players into the Premiership, then why can't my gaffer do the same ?!''

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
LOL.

You can't even print the name of a Lincolnshire town, without the ATS censors intervening.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

OK we are rubbish and we know we are, sob sob.

Hopefully Peter Reid can sort this mess out and put us back in the Championship, i can but dream.

I am more than happy for this to be the de-facto Championship/League one thread, just take it easy on us poor Pilgrim fans....oh its just me...damn.

Surely a test of my loyalty, i shall be staunch in the face of adversity...got no choice really!

By the way , i put rubbish in there because of the T&C mods, you know the real words..hehe.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
OK we are rubbish and we know we are, sob sob.

Hopefully Peter Reid can sort this mess out and put us back in the Championship, i can but dream.

I am more than happy for this to be the de-facto Championship/League one thread, just take it easy on us poor Pilgrim fans....oh its just me...damn.

Surely a test of my loyalty, i shall be staunch in the face of adversity...got no choice really!

By the way , i put rubbish in there because of the T&C mods, you know the real words..hehe.

I am only joking in my mockery of Plymouth, as I haven't actually got anything really against the club.

Although, I know a few friends who took the long trip down to Home Park a few seasons back and said that some of the green-clad natives were far from friendly.

I'm a Forest fan, by the way, so I have no need to worry about the likes of you this year !

Seriously though, David Friio - who I believe is a bit of a legend in your parts - played fleetingly for us at the back end of his career, before he retired and became a scout for us.

He recommended Guy Moussi to Forest ( and Moussi is turning out to be a top drawer defensive midfielder for us ).

No offence, but I can see you struggling in League 1 for a season or two, and probably dropping in to League 2.

There doesn't seem to be anything about Argyle that makes it stand out from all the other clubs in that division, if you know what I mean.

I wish you good luck, but I don't think that even ex-Thailand boss Peter Reid will be able to save you from your lower league mediocrity !

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Plymouth Argyle best football team of all time, there current winning record is unreal!

In all seriousness made my day seeing this thread haha Green and white barmy armyyy

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparta

Good to see yet another citizen of Plymouth on ATS, quite a few of us here, so hello from sunny stonehouse.

So Argyle, yes well erm.....ahhh...hmmm, it's not good is it.

Maybe a Russian billionaire will come to our rescue.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join