The Plymouth Argyle Thread.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hadrian
what is all this? is it uk footballer nonsense?

There's always got to be one hasn't there? Go pick your egg up and waddle on over to an armoured wankball thread eh? Talk about how manly men in tights fondling each other is

Anyway, Albion fan here. Ultimate yo-yo club and about to do it again heh
edit on 7-1-2011 by ridcully because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
reply to post by Sparta

Good to see yet another citizen of Plymouth on ATS, quite a few of us here, so hello from sunny stonehouse.

So Argyle, yes well erm.....ahhh...hmmm, it's not good is it.

Maybe a Russian billionaire will come to our rescue.

Good to know theres more of us here! Got to give a shoutout from the lovley land of estover!

Yeah lets just hope one does haha, well we had go the other night from 2-0 down! I swear on the news it said we were almost out of our debt now! I've still got faith we can win the league... pah

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Maybe a Russian billionaire will come to our rescue.

I think you'll have to make do with Peter Ridsdale.

Good luck with that...

Although I'm not a Plymouth fan, I'm glad that you've taken a step towards paying off the HMRC debt ( which, incidentally, reportedly amounts to about three weeks wages for Yaya Toure
).

Any true football fan doesn't want to see another team going bust, and I hope that Argyle make it through these precarious times.

Also, since Hull City's promotion to the Premier League in 2008, that leaves Plymouth as the largest city in the UK that has never had a club playing top-flight football !

There's certainly potential for Plymouth to be bigger than they are, as they have quite a big catchment area for fans in Plymouth, Devon and beyond.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ridcully
There's always got to be one hasn't there? Go pick your egg up and waddle on over to an armoured wankball thread eh? Talk about how manly men in tights fondling each other is

Less of that ''egg'' talk, if you don't mind !

By mentioning the ''egg'' shape of the ball, you are linking the sport of rugby with the ridiculous, and comical, sport of American Football.

While rugby mightn't be everybody's cup of tea, at least people can surely acknowledge that it is 80-minutes of hard-paced, passionate sporting action, and a cracking British sport, to boot.

I'm a big fan of rugby union and league, myself.

American Football, on the other hand, is a 3-hour commercialthon, interspersed with sporadic outbreaks of 10-second pieces of action.

Originally posted by ridcully
Anyway, Albion fan here. Ultimate yo-yo club and about to do it again heh

The bottom of the Premier League is very tight, and West Brom certainly aren't out of danger, but I feel that you'll pick up enough points to stay out of the bottom 3.

I think that Roberto Di Matteo is a good manager for you, but still, at times, inexperienced, so I hope that if things do start to go pear-shaped, that your fans don't start to get on his back.

Sadly, the current trend in English football seems to be that if a manager hasn't achieved instant success in three months, then some of his club's fans start calling for his head. Ridiculous !

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

lmao! the 'egg' bit comes from 'handegg'! i.e. foot-ball / hand-egg! Thats what NFL should be called! How can it be called football when you play with your hands, but occasionally kick it?
I would never ever ever ridicule Rugby, my old man played at a decent level and I love it. Pass the ball back and you have a sport. Throw it forward and you have a game, like darts. Mix that with points for every damn thing that happens on the pitch, armour, tights, drugs and barely veiled homoerroticism, and you have the mixture to realise why most yanks pretend to hate gays! (they just can't admit they'd secretly like to try it)

We'll stick by Roberto, no doubt. While there is high hopes from the fans, there isn't high expectations. Even if we go down the fans won't turn on the manager. We know the board too well, and they won't back the coach well enough to make a prem place stick. As much as I hate the fact we're sliding down the league, I'm more concerned that it's possible 3 midlands teams may go down this season. I was hoping for so much more, even from the dingles. Still, let's see what happens

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ridcully

You'll be fine, West Brom will pick their game up soon i'm sure.

Could be worse, you could be a Pilgrim fan like me and watch your team disintegrate before your very eyes.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
What a result today eh!

Afew of my friends went up to watch it too, poor guys haa

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Wow now there's a statistic i wasn't aware of...biggest city without a top flight team.

Doesn't surprise me though, it's a reflection of the lack of investment in the South West.

Lots of second home owners from the London area though, funny that, you might even call it a conspiracy!!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparta

Beaten by Bournemouth 3-0 !!!

I'm just going to start singing .."You're $#*t and you know you are"....what a bunch of useless (expletive deleted)!!!!

Cosmic...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Sparta

Beaten by Bournemouth 3-0 !!!

I'm just going to start singing .."You're $#*t and you know you are"....what a bunch of useless (expletive deleted)!!!!

Cosmic...

Haha bloody terrible eh

I think for some reason that might catch on!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
another loss! Reading tho so no shame!

GREEN ARMY!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum