It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does God allow the existance of people who go to hell?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
Plus, God did not "create" evil. Evil is simply the result of OUR choices , and those of Satan and the rest of the demons, to break God's rules. WE cause evil.

wrong
that's not what your bible says!

Isaiah 45.

I make peace and i create evil.
I the LORD do all these things.
there is none here but me.

who is the pot to ask the potter, "what do you make?"

God DID create evil!!!

you didn't cause anything - you are but a limp wad of clay waiting for the wheel.

From one family of limp wads of clay to another limp wad of clay "nice job queenannie". Why others think they have to come to God's rescue using misinformation when God himself claims to be the Creator of all things, because it is the truth, is wellllllll oh hey he created LadyGreenEyes thoughts to. So their is no judgment on our part towards her thoughts because we would be judging God's creation.

God doesn't defend himself he just tells it like it is. Why we thinks we can defend God by denying God in saying we are the Creators instead of him? Don't figure. But wait a minute, didn't he create that way of thinking also? If one can get beyond our ignorance and realize we are ignorant and by knowing better can be thankful and realize those that don't, need to have us understand one thing. They don't know any better so we can't hold it against them. We can only be a good example for them with an understanding heart and hope that the Lord will use us to open up their hearts, minds, and eyes. Thanks for pointing out the facts, God did create all things whether anyone understands what that means or not, don't ya think?

[edit on 7-7-2010 by The Riley Family]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
reply to post by sirnex

Thank you for such a quick, thoughtful and complete insight into my character!

Your welcome, and I also thank you for your belief that you are above the laws of your mythology that you half ass follow.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeySEEmonkeyDO
I've always questioned why God, who is omni-present, allows the existence of people who will never make the decision to become "saved", and will go to hell.. According to the Bible, we all make our own decisions, and we are responsible for those decisions. But, if God KNOWS our decisions will place us in hell, then why would he allow us to come into existence? How can God "love us all" if God knows we are destined for hell?
What about the people who are born in total seclusion, and never have the chance to even hear about the Bible? Why would they be equally responsible compared to the ones who willfully ignore the Bible?
It all doesn't make sense to me...

Which is why God does not exist. Simple really!

The existence of God is illogical and fails the mathematical test for a proof.

God allows believers to lay blame and/or take credit for good and/or bad whenever or wherever it is convenient to do so. The classic being "It's God's will, who knows God's will", what a cop out. Or the other "God gave us free will" (except when it's a miracle ie a good outcome, ha ha !!!!)

Your life will be far simpler. clearer and under your own control the day you accept no God. (Hint - face up to your own inevitable death first).

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
To the OP,.. That is an interesting question since I can't answer that how about one for you.
Doesn't god forgive all as we know not what we do?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
To the OP,.. That is an interesting question since I can't answer that how about one for you.
Doesn't god forgive all as we know not what we do?

Well since you brought it up. I actually heard that there is 2 types of sin. One in which you fully know well in your heart what you are doing is bad (conscience)
and the other one in which you don't know that what you are doing is bad (innocence)

I think it would be only fair for God to be the judge of these 2 things....

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

AS you wish
but that really isn't an answer

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

You have your answer, you just aren't reading it. The innocents are the ones who will be forgiven for not knowing what they do. At what age did you stop being innocent?

Oh and I wish nothing, only for you to live your life positively and remain true to yourself. this is how you come to know god. It isn't through another man's teaching of it.

(edit to clarify intention)

[edit on 7/7/2010 by The Endtime Warrior]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior

remain true to yourself. this is how you come to know god. It isn't through another man's teaching of it.

words to truly live by. Have a good day sir.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

"Your argument of hell being painful is flawed and outdated."

Think about the logic of that statement. It assumes that just because the thinking about something changes, that means the reality changes?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex

Originally posted by adjensen
reply to post by sirnex

Thank you for such a quick, thoughtful and complete insight into my character!

Your welcome, and I also thank you for your belief that you are above the laws of your mythology that you half ass follow.

Lot more truth in here than you might think accept it could be relayed a bit more lightly and made to be sure it is understood in the proper context. It needs to be understood there is a difference between the words of the bible and the words of Christian doctrine. Your are right, Christianity follows a God of mythology, or fables as stated in the scriptures and they don't follow after that very well either, as a matter of fact. Even Atheist can see that. If a thief tells you stealing is wrong than you should heed their advice and stop doing it instead of continuing to do steal while condemning Atheists to an eternal life in the fire of hellaciousness.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by The Riley Family]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior

remain true to yourself. this is how you come to know god. It isn't through another man's teaching of it.

words to truly live by. Have a good day sir.

Interestingly many said that of the "men" who were God's prophets. They didn't listen to them either. As a matter of fact they said the same thing about the "man" called the Christ/Messiah. However they sure do like to follow after the teachings of a "sculpted figure of a man" and anyone who doesn't bow down to this lunacy goes to the fiery place of Hellaciousness? So you admit you won't listen to God's two witnesses either ehh?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by The Riley Family

In my opinion,.. man is easily corrupt and swayed to deceit. the statement above for me are words to live by. Follow your own heart and believe with your own faith. I don't believe one needs words of a preacher to see the light unless one is lost.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

reply to post by The Riley Family

In my opinion,.. man is easily corrupt and swayed to deceit. the statement above for me are words to live by. Follow your own heart and believe with your own faith. I don't believe one needs words of a preacher to see the light unless one is lost.

The Lord says to test all things and hold firmly onto that which is good. According to the bible with God man can overcome his corrupt nature because with God all things are possible. God expected the people to listen to his prophets. God expected people to listen to his son. God will expect people to listen to the two witnesses as well.

The Lord talked of the one that would come in the spirit of Elijah for this generation as did John, who baptized, was the one who came in the spirit of Elijah back in the time of the previous generation. Why the two witnesses then? No one believes him and without people turning from their corruption he knows the whole world is in danger of being cursed. What would one do? Obviously this one that comes in the spirit of Elijah understands the seriousness of the matter and since he is a man of understanding, since God gave it to him, he knows since no one would believe him when he tells them who the antichrist is just what needs to be done. He knows this because he knows what is in a man's heart and knows the corruption of it because he remembers where he came from. Knowing that no one can be judged with the testimony of only one witness he is granted another and so with the testimony of two or three witnesses Revelation 11:5 And if anyone wants to harm them, fire proceeds from their mouth and devours their enemies. And if anyone wants to harm them, he must be killed in this manner.

This is what the one who comes in the spirit of Elijah understands to be true.

Matthew 18:15 “If your brother sins against you, go, show him his fault between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained back your brother. 18:16 But if he doesn’t listen, take one or two more with you, that at the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.* 18:17 If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the assembly. If he refuses to hear the assembly also, let him be to you as a Gentile or a tax collector. 18:18 Most certainly I tell you, whatever things you bind on earth will have been bound in heaven, and whatever things you release on earth will have been released in heaven. 18:19 Again, assuredly I tell you, that if two of you will agree on earth concerning anything that they will ask, it will be done for them by my Father who is in heaven. 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there I am in their midst.”

And yes the Lord will be in the midst of his two witnesses. The people who call themselves Christians do you think they will believe the two witnesses the bible talks of?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeySEEmonkeyDO
I've always questioned why God, who is omni-present, allows the existence of people who will never make the decision to become "saved", and will go to hell.. According to the Bible, we all make our own decisions, and we are responsible for those decisions. But, if God KNOWS our decisions will place us in hell, then why would he allow us to come into existence? How can God "love us all" if God knows we are destined for hell?
What about the people who are born in total seclusion, and never have the chance to even hear about the Bible? Why would they be equally responsible compared to the ones who willfully ignore the Bible?
It all doesn't make sense to me...

The answer is in your body.

A wise teacher once told me, "in order to know god you must know yourself first".

She was correct.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Everyone has the chance to leave evil behind and turn to God.
I was a "closet atheist" because my whole family were believers but i just couldn't, i tried but couldn't i just didn't believe the Bible was truth (i'm close to tears right now for writing that, i swear) now i feel ashamed of my old me because i was so blinded by the system and you'll know you've come out of the matrix when you know the Bible and God are real. So i didn't tell my family i didn't believe, cause i was afraid of rejection. I was so cold and guided by reason and logic alone, i was arrogant but 2 years ago i found the truth, i found the answers to all the questions or doubts i had about the Bible and God, it took some time and i'm still learning and my whole life has changed: my priorities are completly different, my character and personality are different, i'm still fighting with some "demons" of my old me but i know i can overcome them because God knows we can and he believes in us to change. My faith is stronger than ever and it gets stronger everyday so i really doubt i'll turn to be an atheist again.

Someone wrote a comment that said something like only the ones that sin because of ignorance are going to be saved, that's a complete lie!
King David desiered the woman of another man and so he sent that man to war so he would get killed and he did, then David had sex with that woman and took her as his wife. It took some time for him to ask God for forgiveness, David knew that doing was really wrong (he broke the 10 comandments, he was the King of Israel so he knew the 10 commandments) but God forgave him because he prayed to him in tears for forgiveness.
If you are a sinner even knowing that you are doing something bad, you have the sacrifice of Jesus Christ to ask for forgiveness, if you do it with your heart God will forgive you!

P. S. Sorry for my writing, english is not my mother language.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by orumlight

My faith is stronger than ever and it gets stronger everyday so i really doubt i'll turn to be an atheist again.

Cute story.

You do realize that you are either polytheistic by believing the biblical mythology as in order to do as God commands, to reject all other Gods is to accept that other Gods exist in which to reject, following your deity of choice instead.

Or, you are still bound to Atheism if you do not accept the existence of other Gods and so see no need to reject them. Yet, that only creates a thin separation in belief between you and I as I also reject the existence of those other Gods, the difference being that I also reject yours. Once you understand why you reject those other Gods you will then understand why I reject yours.

Logic and reasoning is a bitch.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
[edit on 8-7-2010 by FiatLux]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

reply to post by FiatLux

Instability within the persons mind is what makes them kill, not the religion.

That only works if we assume that all persons who kill are not mentally sound, and we both know that is a crock of sh*t, right?

Though I admit I was a little hasty in what I said, one thing we can agree on, it doesn`t matter if it`s religion, war, greed, a job, drugs, booze or mental illness that causes people to take the life of another, in the long run, it is wrong, and drags humanity down to the lowest level of being.

With your thinking, everyone who kills in this world has to be a Christian.

What an entirely ill thought out statement and devoid of any meaning. I have not said anything of the sort.

For that statement, I apologize. I was not feeling well from the heat, and was not in a good mood at the time I made it.

Not everyone kills because of a religion.

A person who kills because of their mythology is a person who kills because of their mythology. Your not too bright are you?

"Christianity and it[s followers are the worst religion this planet has seen thus far."

I added the quote above in relation to what you said about me not being too bright.

You lump all Christians under one banner, meaning that all Christians are bad people in general, like the religion they follow. Do you know any Christians? If you do, are they bad people? Not in the light that you put them. They are like everyone else in this world, they have their flaws. Just like me and you.

When you generalize an entire group of people as being bad, how bright does that make you?

The next time you feel that you need to tell someone else that they aren`t too bright, please, go look in a mirror first.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

reply to post by adjensen

Wonderful, so now we can rightfully conclude that you are of the group that has decided which parts of biblical mythology are to be followed and which parts, that you may not personally agree with, that should not be followed at all.

Yes, part of the group that includes Catholics, Lutherans, Methodists and probably 90% of Christian denominations. The group that believes in the simple message of Christ, believes that our relationship with God is a personal one, not one mired in managed behaviours that bear no relevance to that simple message, and that believes that the Holy Spirit guides us to the truth of that message.

For the past three months, I have endured the worst emotional and spiritual suffering that I ever have, and hopefully, ever will. Through it all, I have felt the real presence of God, his comfort and his strength, that have helped me to survive this. I truly, sincerely, feel bad for those who have no relationship with him, but, for me, it's proof enough that I'm on the right path.

As for you, I'm done responding to your bigoted, insensitive and angry remarks. Regardless of whether you are right or wrong, I can assure you that treating people and their personal beliefs with as little respect and regard as you do, that makes you petty and ignorable. For all the decrying of Christian injustice you claim, your words demonstrate that it is you, not I, who is the intolerant one.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

Hell, is a temporary place, designed to snap you out of your delusions whatever they may happen to be...it's not the same as getting blotted out, which is ceasing to exist entirely.

Only satan is condemned to being blotted out right now, the rest of His children still have free will to choose.

And Yahweh would like killing His children as much as any normal person would, not at all, so He wants to give them a chance.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join