It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WE ARE EVACUATING - Gulf Shores, Alabama

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
There will be no widespread evacuations. All just dramatics and fear-mongering.

I tend to agree. No widespread evacuations of these areas. The government will just let its citizens suffer in silence (or even in protest) as they did after Katrina.

The sceptic version is that the toxins in the air would have to get MUCH worse to force an area wide evacuation.

The scary version is that this might happen before long, but I think this scenario is extremely unlikely.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Barry Soetoro says, Everything's ok. Calm down sheep.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I would wager to say that the poster is an isolated case.
I have been hearing nothing from the local channels in that area.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skid Mark

Originally posted by 5senses
reply to post by indigothefish

FYI this is not a SPILL it's a LEAK!

Thank you. I've been saying that all along. There is a big difference.

There is a massive oil spill which was caused by a leak. We have a leak and a spill, as the leak is causing oil to spill into the gulf. That should satisfy the linguistics of the matter.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I have not heard anything about people leaving either. Of course, who knows what would be printed and what would not...at any rate, my husband and I live in Pensacola. We have not smelled anything yet, which is good. I pulled out a map and did a rough calculation based on the scale listed and discovered that I live about 11-13 miles , as the crow flies , from Pensacola Beach. My concern is that when I go back to work in August ( I am a teacher ) my school is significantly closer to the water, and is on the west side of town. I hope this will not present a problem. When school ended in June, I did not smell anything , but who knows what it will be like by early to mid August....

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
There are currently four tropical waves in or near the gulf. One has a very good chance at the moment of becoming a tropical storm soon. Keep your eyes on these distubances.

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

[edit on 7/4/2010 by darkelf]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5senses
reply to post by indigothefish

FYI this is not a SPILL it's a LEAK! Methane is at at least 40% - Normal is 5%. Check out other posts in the Deepwater forum. It'll give you more info. The OP could be right on...Bad news to hear I know but there it is.

So on a Scale of 0 to Uncle Bob just came out of Toilet, 40% would be?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I could not find this clip on CNN, saw it on another site.......This should tell us something about our "transparent" hope and change....

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Oh take a pill and stop scare mongering theres lots of people looking out for you i'm sure if it was time to get out there would be some sort of WARNING!!!

Feel free to pack up and leave tho wont you

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by F.A.Williams

See ya! Have a good stay - wherever!

Why bother to announce it to ATS? You think it will get you some flags and stars and that will make you feel better?

I live in southern Louisiana. The air is fine. I'm not going anywhere!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
like i told my sister in florida- might want to gather up the gold and guns and gas up the boat. the volcano of toxins is nowhere near fixed..but you can count on bp and the experts to do whatever it takes.
hey- lets toss a nuke down the hole-maybe that'll work.
halliburton makes money preparing the fema camps -
and then has a part in creating the disaster.
IT'S NOT A SPILL-ITS NOT A LEAK-
i spill a beer-i take a leak-
ITS A FLIPPIN VOLCANO OF OIL AND TOXINS-
git while the gittin is good.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Anyone seeing any live cameras as of today showing the oil still spewing from the header? i have gone to 9 different sites and still can't see a camera showing the oil still spewing from the header. Even went to CNN where they display the 12 cameras but none are showing the oil header with the oil coming out like we are use to. maybe they have stopped showing it.... Thanks

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic

There is a massive oil spill which was caused by a leak. We have a leak and a spill, as the leak is causing oil to spill into the gulf. That should satisfy the linguistics of the matter.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f8ecbad3b7b5.png[/atsimg]

linguistics of the matter? words fail to provide us with appropriate terminology.

i live some distance away from this leaking spill.

i have only driven my car twice in over the last month. does this help? i dunno.

i wish there was someway of verbalizing or finding the words i seek to quantify or define this level of incompetence, but looking for the words...

Dear B.P.,
please pucker up,

this entire GulF Of Mex.. scratch that... this entire Gulf Of British Petroleum
almost exceeds the limits of my wildest imaginations' abilities to comprehend what would have to be going on...

if things get much worse, next thing we know the dead may be rising from their graves.

yep yep, dead rising from their graves, but surely such an obsurdity could never occur.....

this whole situation is making more than just the animal and plant life

thoughts things and stuff,
ET

plug a hole!

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by glitchinmymatrix
reply to post by F.A.Williams

See ya! Have a good stay - wherever!

Why bother to announce it to ATS? You think it will get you some flags and stars and that will make you feel better?

I live in southern Louisiana. The air is fine. I'm not going anywhere!

LOL!

I just read your signature...

***"Be aware Nature is the greatest power on this Earth,
and nobody escapes when she comes for them"***

Thanks for the laugh!

I think someone may be coming for you.

LOL!

[edit on 4-7-2010 by illusions]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
So be "We" you mean yourself and your family, not the entire Gulf shores of Alabama>?

Just to be clear.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Are people or pets dropping dead? Are birds falling out of the sky?

The OP clearly doesn't want to stay to find out. If he stays there that long, he or she themselves might drop dead.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Well not that I am trying to cause fear panic etc ..but wasnt there a post about a bunch of white vans buses etc in Florida that someone found on google maps way before this oil situation happened ?

Well a friend put this on my facebook today .
(Do a search on youtube with the below TITLE to find it cause I still cant link right yet lol )
STRANGE BUSES IN GULF SHORES, AL. BP OIL CRISES. PROJECT GULF IMPACT

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Simplynoone]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
No matter which way you cut this one, the EPA has publicly announced that it cannot be trusted to make the correct safety call in dire emergencies; evidenced by Ground Zero environmental complications.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Here ya go;

For those who ridicule the op, if I was seeing an ordered media blackout from the oil spill, a cease in methane level measurements, or maybe just a halt in releasing such information, and just generally not knowing what is exactly going on in the gulf and how it would affect you, then I would leave too. Truth is, he may be wrong but you aren't in the position to tell him he's wrong to leave for sure, as nobody really know how bad this whole thing really is. Better safe than sorry.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FermiFlux

Thanks for that video.

If I was in Gulf Shores, I think I'd rather take my chances on getting out in my own vehicle than being taken to only God know where in those white buses.

That looks like evacuation preparation to me!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join