It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WE ARE EVACUATING - Gulf Shores, Alabama

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+45 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
We are E V A C U A T I N G.
Air quality is worsening [methane gas] EPA is NOT monitoring [been working for BP]. The oil on the beaches is increasing, seeping underneath, soon to destroy our water table.
Methane gas could take you away in your sleep.
Toxic rain would contaminate the entire region, now a quarantined area,
and you would NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE.
It's time to leave. NOW.

Our government is NOT taking care of us and you CANNOT count on information. They would prefer to take me away in a body bag, asleep in my bed from methane fumes - you too, it's "easier than evacuation".

it's all MONEY honey.
Always remember that!!!

Think MONEY and you put yourselve in "their" heads.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
hmm pensacola speaking here, so that'd be less than 50 miles further east... i can't say i'm experiencing what you are experiencing as far as air quality, still working in the garden as well as running in the morning and jumping rope without any respiratory problems, of course you would be closer to the epicenter of the spill, i hope you aren't speaking the truth for my sake

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by F.A.Williams

Good luck,

Be safe in all of your travels, and please keep us updated.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
You will have to evacuate a lot further than Missouri........I have videos from yesterdays rain........working on thread now.....will be up soon......

+34 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
There will be no widespread evacuations. All just dramatics and fear-mongering.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by F.A.Williams
Our government is NOT taking care of us and you CANNOT count on information. They would prefer to take me away in a body bag, asleep in my bed from methane fumes - you too, it's "easier than evacuation".

it's all MONEY honey.
Always remember that!!!

Think MONEY and you put yourselve in "their" heads.

You sir, understand the world we live in. I wish you good luck on relocating, it takes a lot of courage to leave one's familiar surroundings, even if faced with disaster. Just be wise and don't plan on coming back, it'll take decades before the flora and fauna there will be back to normal - it's a sad truth and those saying otherwise are probably not strong enough to realize the devastation.

It is more than apparent humanity cannot deal with containing and cleaning up now, it is not very likely we will learn how to do so for many years to come. In several years there will still be boats there sucking up the oil with many make-shift machinery, parts of the coastline will have black beaches for a long time to come. Long after the well dries up the government will just dump a lot of sand on top of the polluted areas and people will be living there oblivious to most of what happened.

[edit on 4/7/2010 by Dragonfly79]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Good luck to you.
I don't live near the Gulf, and if is a bad you say it is, then evacuating maybe a smart idea. Some people near the Gulf maybe waiting for a mandatory evacuation in order to leave. Our government may not be planning any evacuations to avoid a mass panic, that could possibly lead to an economic crisis.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
i agree, get out now.

When it hits the fan, nobody will want to be near a highway. It will be chaotic and more dangerous than Yemen.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
You might want to head to North Dakota. I hear they have more jobs than people to fill them.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

FYI this is not a SPILL it's a LEAK! Methane is at at least 40% - Normal is 5%. Check out other posts in the Deepwater forum. It'll give you more info. The OP could be right on...Bad news to hear I know but there it is.

+50 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
All just dramatics and fear-mongering.

You make fear mongering sound like a bad thing, ha. You know, if there had been a little more fear mongering back before Katrina, maybe fewer would have hung around and died.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

May I humbly suggest that you trade F.A.Williams houses and jobs? You live where they do and they'll live where you do.l

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Good for you my friend. Be safe.

Its a shame that tptb still clearly have a grip on the populous, or more would do the same,,,, or could it be that the majority simply dont know just how bad this is yet? Not everyone would know about ATS or privy to what is discussed.

I really do wish you all well over the pond, but you need to start making more people aware, many good people have no idea whats going on and it angers me big time. I dont know you and you dont know me but it doesnt change the fact that we are all in the same boat here. Divide and conquor is at work people and you still cant see it.
Its difficult to say where this will stop because i believe that this will effect each and everyone of us one way or another.
Heres a sensible question for you that know the definate answer, How far can the vapours and gases travel? Are they capable of reaching europe on winds etc?
Another thing if you all dont mind? wheres all the news? July 4th? Nothing whatsoever?
No mention about independance day, russian space cargo ship and the retry on docking, nothing about anything?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by F.A.Williams

Good for you. These are turbulent times and those who have wisdom and foresight and act decisively for themselves are ahead of the complacent and apathetic crowd.

No body bag for you!

All the best to you and yours,

Toni

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I wish you luck buddy!!

May God be with you

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
russian space cargo ship scratch that

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish
....running in the morning and jumping rope without any respiratory problems, ....i hope you aren't speaking the truth for my sake

I hope you are speaking the truth for the sake of the people in pensacola

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

We are E V A C U A T I N G.
Air quality is worsening [methane gas] EPA is NOT monitoring [been working for BP].

If EPA is not monitoring as you say, then how do you know methane gas is worsening? What would be your source of knowing this? Do you have a way of tesing atmospheric gases? Are people or pets dropping dead? Are birds falling out of the sky?

The oil on the beaches is increasing, seeping underneath, soon to destroy our water table.

This sounds like an imaginative prediction on your part. There has always been crude from the gulf. "Seeping underneath" of what? For years salt and brackish has "seeped" and nature has a way of adjusting and filtering. People within a mile of beaches have used wells for years and the water is not even salty. Imagine that.

Methane gas could take you away in your sleep.

No pain, so sickness, no sorrow....you couldn't ask for easier...

Toxic rain would contaminate the entire region, now a quarantined area,
and you would NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE.

I think your imagination has gotten the best of you. This is all supposition with absolutely no facts to back it up.

Before you do anything rash and life changing, why don't you track down some real people to give you answers? Perhaps someone involved in geophysical research, atmospheric gas testing, the petroleum technology council, mineralogists. Why not call a local college professor in the geological sciences dept. and talk to someone knowledgeable before making a decision based on speculation and internet rumors?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Truly a sad state of affairs.
All while Oilbama continues to pick his nose, play with flies and get a free pass.

Where the hell is Kanye now?

Sorry to hear about the evacuation, if you think it's going to be permanent, you might want to consider moving to Texas.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I remember watching the rain and knowing it was strange, 3 days later massive floods and evacuations. What did I learn? Listen to my intuition.

The only thing that will take care of you is you.

Much luck and safety wherever you go.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join