It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WE ARE EVACUATING - Gulf Shores, Alabama

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Ok. So the OP states THEY are evacuating, not the whole state in which they live. EPA has Alabama at 500PPB on a methane count. So good call to the OP, even tho it's just the OP who is evacuating.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by InformationAgent
Ok. So the OP states THEY are evacuating, not the whole state in which they live. EPA has Alabama at 500PPB on a methane count. So good call to the OP, even tho it's just the OP who is evacuating.

Then what are these buses for?

www.youtube.com...

Personally, like the OP, I would much rather be buggin out in my own truck than those white buses.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by F.A.Williams

Remember the old adage, Look before you leap. Think first, then act.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Looks like he evacuated. I looked at his posts and his OP was his last post. We'll probably hear from him in a few days.

I think he really left. I hope he gives us more info.

The people that claim that all he's doing is trying to get stars and flags - you told on your selves. That's all YOU care about.

Who gives a crap about stars and flags? What are you, needy or something? Stars and flags mean you are worthy? What a joke.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

OMG BUSES! They must be evacuating. Why else would ANYONE park buses, if not for the purposes of a mass evacuation? Clearly they are preparing for the worst, considering the absolutely ASTRONOMICAL amount of buses there (4?). You know I drove by the Marriot in Milwaukee earlier, and there had to be about 30 buses parked there. HOLY CRAP, MAN!!! IT'S GONE AS FAR NORTH AS MILWAUKEE NOW!

And VANS! OMG GUYS! VANS! There could not in our wildest imagination be any other possible use for vans. There has to be some kind of cover up.

Need I go on?

[edit on 5-7-2010 by EnkiCarbone]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Hello, OP and thanks for telling us about your planned evacuation. It makes sense to me to leave. Even if everything magically becomes "ok" and the past two and a half months of deadly poisons being released into the ocean, air and soil don't end up making people sick--you can still take a vacation!
Can you describe to us exactly what you mean when you say that the air quailty has worsened? Is the air heavy with an obnoxius stench to it? Is it more difficult to breathe outside than normal? Are people eating the seafood down there!? I'm just wondering about that last one.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
There will be no widespread evacuations. All just dramatics and fear-mongering.

Hmm, possible conisdering some of the threads I have watched in the past on ATS. Unfortunately, I am a little worried about the Gulf Coast region because there are reports of people already getting sick on the coast line and of the fumes. When hurricanes go through there, which they will, I'm not really sure what will happen...

..% chance they disperse the fumes and oil.
..% chance they bring toxic rains and fumes inland.

Anyone know of any research on this subject?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by F.A.Williams
We are E V A C U A T I N G.
Air quality is worsening [methane gas] EPA is NOT monitoring [been working for BP]. The oil on the beaches is increasing, seeping underneath, soon to destroy our water table.
Methane gas could take you away in your sleep.
Toxic rain would contaminate the entire region, now a quarantined area,
and you would NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE.
It's time to leave. NOW.

Our government is NOT taking care of us and you CANNOT count on information. They would prefer to take me away in a body bag, asleep in my bed from methane fumes - you too, it's "easier than evacuation".

it's all MONEY honey.
Always remember that!!!

Think MONEY and you put yourselve in "their" heads.

I would like to know where you are getting your information from I was just at Gulf Shores and will be there again this up coming weekend and everything seems fine and business as usual, I think you need to control your over active imagination.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Any of you guys with a house on the Florida coast, I live in Northern Canada and would be willing to trade you homes straight across so you can get away from this inevitable oilpocalypse. Don't worry, there is ZERO chance of the oil spill reaching up here.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I wonder if the parking lot with white buses

is where the clean up crews meet

to get bussed to the beaches?

Peace and Blessings to the OP

[edit on 5-7-2010 by illusions]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Truly a sad state of affairs.
All while Oilbama continues to pick his nose, play with flies and get a free pass.

Where the hell is Kanye now?

Sorry to hear about the evacuation, if you think it's going to be permanent, you might want to consider moving to Texas.

So you have a solution for the problem?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
The general response here on ATS reminds me every time of the movie 2012, the scene where John Cusack calls his ex-wife to tell them to get out and his wife looks at the TV where Arnold Schwarzenegger just said the worst has passed... Then the "big one" hit... There are gonna be a LOT of people running after the facts on this one real soon...

Its wise to trust the government... come one.. the Gov't also told us that seafood is fine (and we should eat lots of it...) The ignorance of those people is gonna cost alot of humans the ultimate payment for their errors...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by F.A.Williams
We are E V A C U A T I N G.
Air quality is worsening [methane gas] EPA is NOT monitoring [been working for BP]. The oil on the beaches is increasing, seeping underneath, soon to destroy our water table.
Methane gas could take you away in your sleep.
Toxic rain would contaminate the entire region, now a quarantined area,
and you would NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE.
It's time to leave. NOW.

Our government is NOT taking care of us and you CANNOT count on information. They would prefer to take me away in a body bag, asleep in my bed from methane fumes - you too, it's "easier than evacuation".

it's all MONEY honey.
Always remember that!!!

Think MONEY and you put yourselve in "their" heads.

Texas's air has been toxic for some 30 years. Why weren't you guys complaining then? Complaining for Texas?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by faceoff85
The general response here on ATS reminds me every time of the movie 2012, the scene where John Cusack calls his ex-wife to tell them to get out and his wife looks at the TV where Arnold Schwarzenegger just said the worst has passed... Then the "big one" hit... There are gonna be a LOT of people running after the facts on this one real soon...

Its wise to trust the government... come one.. the Gov't also told us that seafood is fine (and we should eat lots of it...) The ignorance of those people is gonna cost alot of humans the ultimate payment for their errors...

The seafood is fine. As long as it is from the unrestricted areas. Problem is, there are greedy Americans who will catch fish in the restricted areas.

Then sale it to other Americans. Isn't that the real problem? We will do anything for a buck.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5senses Methane is at at least 40% - Normal is 5%.

please clarify this claim

40% of WHAT ???????????

and what do you claim a " normal " 5% is ?????????

because i know that in air a 5% concentration of methane is the LEL lower explosive level

simply put - it will ignite at that concentration - that is NEVER " normal "

sources :

wiki primer

industry hazchem page

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

Well, you're right. Crude has been seeping into the ground for as long as we can tell. However, until now, it hasn't been along with a high concentration of incredibly toxic dispersant, which allows the petroleum, along with the dispersant, to fill nooks and crannies that it never could before.

What "petroleum"? It's crude oil that's leaking, you do realise petrol is basically just gasoline, right? It needs to be processed to become petrol.

I question the validity of the OP's post, although I will accept it warily for now, as I have no opposing views to go on. Anyone else from that area to back up the thread? I'll comtinue to read the rest of the thread before I make a decision.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean

The seafood is fine. As long as it is from the unrestricted areas. Problem is, there are greedy Americans who will catch fish in the restricted areas.

Then sale it to other Americans. Isn't that the real problem? We will do anything for a buck.

I believe you touched the real problem here... just like the OP mentioned everything is related to money... But the way I understand it seafood quality has been gradually declining for years... the GOM spill only sped up this proces locally.

Offcourse its logical that fishermen try and catch flocking fish who are excaping the dangers of this spill.. but the point isn't really that seafood might be dangerous or not. The point is that we CANNOT trust the Gov't when they say all is fine.. if all were fine they wouldn't show the effort they have to keep a lid on this.

When it sounds like a duck and walks like a duck.. it most likely is a duck... or at the very least its family of the duck

[edit on 5/7/2010 by faceoff85]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
It's better to be safe than sorry.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Your government will not be outdone with these scare tactics.

JFK is being evacuated right now! ... Alleged bomb scare.

Quick ATS go get the news!

That confused the hell out of me for a second. I was thinking, "Strange, I thought he was dead!"

Then I realised you were talking about the airport

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
Upstate South Carolina has some VERY cheap homes. Homes for under 100k. not a lot of jobs, tho.

Relocate to a nice area! Just in time for the NWO illumintai jeebus in flames to nuke the world!

Damn! I'm living in the wrong country!

$100k is about £66k, I couldn't buy a 1 bedroom flat for that over here!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join