It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam is an Advocate of Peace, Not Terror

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Muslims for Peace launch New York Bus Ad campaign

source

Muslims for Peace are launching a powerful bus campaign in the streets of New York City. The ad, pictured to the left and in the slide-show below, serves several purposes.

see the source link for the picture mentioned - it is a very lovely ad!

First, it establishes without question that Islam and Muslims stand for peace. Any act of terrorism or compulsion in religion has no basis in Islam. The 4th Khalifa of Islam Ahmadiyya states in his landmark book, Murder in the Name of Allah,
"As far as Islam is concerned, it categorically rejects and condemns every form of terrorism. It does not provide any cover or justification for any act of violence, be it committed by an individual, a group or a government..... I most strongly condemn all acts and forms of terrorism because it is my deeply rooted belief that not only Islam but also no true religion, whatever its name, can sanction violence and bloodshed of innocent men, women and children in the name of God."

there is no reason for anyone to discriminate, or hate, or fear Islam or it's adherents!

time to open our eyes and our hearts!!!!
time to quit believing what the fear-mongers and war-makers would like us to believe!
time to quite equating extremism with the name(s) it hides behind!

whether it be Islam, Judaism, Christianity, or anything else, we should not make collective judgments based on what we're told.

why not liberate ourselves from bigotry on this, the U.S. day of Independence!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Interesting to see what reception this gets. Just as I post a thread about Islam needing better PR, then Muslims start a PR junket in New York. And about time me thinks. Coming from the UK, the moderate Muslim voice is rarely heard except for some tv talk shows.

The thing is, I can see why one side to Islam has so much hatred for the West. Nearly ten years at war has seen a lot of Muslims killed and what has come from this. Hundreds of thousands of innocent lives have been lost and the world isn't any safer than it was ten years ago.

This is a really difficult subject. Abhorrent acts on all sides have been committed, but I can understand why certain Islamic groups take extreme actions. The killing on both sides will only perpetuate the problems.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
we should not make collective judgments based on what we're told.

Than we should we believe that propaganda?

It's basically the same #, just they say "we're peace loving and oh so great", which i also strongly doubt.
Best would be to simply destroy all religion. Nobody needs religion, especially not in the 21st Century.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

I have never felt the need for religion, but the institutions of faith aren't going away and in some way shape or form, religion affects all of us. I do believe we have a personal responsibility to understand better what Islam is. As one of the fastest growing religions in the world, it is going nowhere fast.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Great post queenannie.,

We need to start a reconciliation between our peoples and faiths.

We have fought many bloody battles over the centuries, but once we also had a great respect for one another. Muslims and Christians, it can be that way again!

We have a lot more in common then we have been led to believe.

Peace brothers.

S&F!

+22 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
This is the BEST Muslim apologist thread I have seen..........in the last 3 hours.

What's with the need to apologize for these people?

If Islam was such a peaceful religion, there would be no need for such a massive propaganda campaign. Who is funding this endeavour? Al-Queda?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
This is the BEST Muslim apologist thread I have seen..........in the last 3 hours.

What's with the need to apologize for these people?

If Islam was such a peaceful religion, there would be no need for such a massive propaganda campaign. Who is funding this endeavour? Al-Queda?

With respect, no one is apologizing for Islam and this thread is about understanding what Islam means. There are many roads to faith for Muslim people and yes, some are violent, but the vast majority are peaceful. There are many different Muhammads out there.

Ten years of war has ostensibly been fought against Islam.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

No one is apologizing for anyone.

There are bad apples on BOTH sides.

A reconciliation needs to take place between our two cultures/religions.

The ignorance, fear and hate has to stop now! It only leads to war, death and destruction.

Governments and those in power do not want peace between our peoples.

So we the people need to step up and make peace possible.

The era of lies, ignorance and hate have to come to an end, humanity demands it!

[edit on 4-7-2010 by kommunist]

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Islam is an advocate of Terror, Not Peace. Same with every other religion!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Islam is the No.1. enemy of Zionism.

Just listen to what the Israelis spew on about.

That means the Islam is the biggest threat to that disease called Zionism.

That's why Israels lovers like the U.S. of Israel hate it so much.

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Not all muslims are murder bombers, but why are ALL murder bombers muslims?

Religion of peace, yeah right.... I've got a bridge to sell also.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
Not all muslims are murder bombers, but why are ALL murder bombers muslims?

Religion of peace, yeah right.... I've got a bridge to sell also.

Last I checked it was 1 million killed in Iraq by US murder bombers.

But Cool Story, Bro.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/48effae32dd6.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 4-7-2010 by PunisherSupreme]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
[color=C6AEC7]Reminds me of that quote from Sue Thomas FBEye - Not all muslims are terrorists, but all Al-Queda terrorists are muslims.

Im never really sure what to think about things like this. So, these peaceful muslims are saying that the bad ones arent really muslims, or what? Thats not the impression Ive got from terrorist acts where the perpetrators scream stuff like `death to infidels` and `allah is great` etc etc.

Personally, I think all religions have the potential to be dangerous when taken the to extreme, but some are more dangerous than others.

I tend to agree with Roger Taylor (from Queen) - "I don't like religion. It tends to f--- people up".

[edit on 4-7-2010 by tappy]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I agree, the people who have unending loathing for Muslims are themselves filled with hate. I imagine it was similar to how Nazis acted towards Jews during WW 2.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

The basic fundamental of this thread is the most important when understanding and combating violent Islamic extremism. We have to stop viewing the entire Umma as advocating what we in the west call “terrorism”, I prefer the term “violent Islamic extremism”, however that is a tangent more appropriate for another time.

I don’t think a bus ad campaign is going to work on it’s own, its just not enough, what we need is understanding. How can anyone expect to fight an enemy they do not understand? We in the west sometimes adopt this notation that “they hate us because they are jealous” or that their hatred is the result of a “violent religion”. The opposite is arguably true, that is not to say I am condoning their actions. Developing true understating of the Islamic people is very difficult to achieve. For example we use allot of terms like “Muslim” and “Al’Qaeda” very loosely, the media do not even spell “Al’Qaeda” correctly it should be “Al-Qa’ida” this further highlights our ignorance. The truth is this is so complex that it can never be summarised effectively in one thread as a summary will never do it any justice.

S&F

[edit on 4-7-2010 by kevinunknown]

[edit on 4-7-2010 by kevinunknown]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
do not compare arab PR to israel PR .......................
WHY ?

Israel have lost all religion good sense its no more a religion its now a criminals policy extremist state
why ? .. this is why
1)many rabbi told that 1 jew = 1000 arab
2)continu to provoke wars
3)wants a total domination control over the ME
4)many false flag operation was done by them (9/11, USS Liberty)
(why some israelis cheering and dancing in the street just after the twin tower were blown up to piece)
5)israel think of arab are subhuman
thats why they dont care about stealing the land of other
continu to make settlements
6)making a prison for gaza with walls
7)use phosphorus shell and uranium shell on civilians
8) shooting 5 time in the head at close range an american turkish 19 years old boy because he was filming proof
9)regime is constantly lying and denying
10)25$ rocket bomb landing in israel open field = air force strike on gaza killing always more then 30 people with each 100000$ bombs
11)the regime is always unfair unjust and wont accept any critic
12)telling no to israel = antisemitic labelled automatically
13) 60 years israel have and already 200 nuclear bombs .. WTF
thanks to the usa and with their billions of dollar given freely to the israel regime each year.. while marines vets are homeless
14) having nuclear bomb israel feels invicible and not scared provoking
15) gaza war = 15 IDF killed (10 by friendly fire) on gaza side more then 1500 killed with their infrastructure totally destroyed to dust
lebanon war was the same unjust and unfair behavior

and many more logic reasons
me im only racist to people who are racist to other
NO religion can act like that unless its a evil sect religion
i have listen to both party reading jpost,debka,haaretz,ynews
and i can absolutly garantee who is acting badly and who are the innocents

the iran president told .. the correct traduction was
ISRAEL REGIME POLICY MAKING MUST BE WIPE OFF THE MAP
israel traduction
ISRAEL MUST BE WIPE OFF THE MAP .. like kiling everyone destroying
all holy site
why would iran say this .. many arab would have killed him for telling that

i would never accept israel to be wipe off the map it would be evil thinking ... but israel regime (netanyahou and liberman nutjob group)
those are to be removed
not the entire country itself many jew are very good
i knew in montreal a jewish lesbian girl and she was very nice
i had a friend salesman collegue who was jewish with a big fur coat lol
opinions was diverging sometime but we were like friend even smoking joints together lol
israel have a history of making false accusation and THAT NEED TO STOP

peace and love to everyone comments are welcome

hope israel someday can be GOOD ... REAL GOOD

choosen people of God = do no killing do not steal do no abuse do not bombs anyone do not have nuclear bombs do not make false accusation

no more lies
no more antisemetic accusation

PEACE IS THE REAL WEAPON TO WIN
wars will never ever acheive any of that
wars are the weapon of evil
in 200 yrs never iran have attacked any country
usa have used nuclear bomb in the pass
israel have almost wipe off the map their neighboor
but they keep threatening iran to strike them
if a country that want to wipe off someone off the map its israel ..

PEOPLE NEED TO OPEN THEIR EYES AND HEARTS
before its to late :S

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Ben81]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by PunisherSupreme

Touche'

I enjoyed that.

Excellent response!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

No problem and I believe it. Now they need to convience the ones flying planes into buildings and launching indiscrimanent attacks on civilians to stop doing it and we can all sing kum by ya together.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
If Islam was such a peaceful religion, there would be no need for such a massive propaganda campaign.

since when is a few bus ads in NYC a "massive propaganda campaign?"

Who is funding this endeavour? Al-Queda?

real clever.

no, "Muslims for Peace" appears to be affiliated with the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community.

you could always call 1-800-WHY-ISLAM and ask them where they're getting their funds.

on second thought, scratch that. we're trying to make peace, not ruffle feathers!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
There are thousands of threads on ATS of either "Pro Muslim" or "Anti Muslim" intent. And they ALL lack Discernment. A muslim is neither "good" nor "bad" but comes from all ends of a very broad Spectrum. The "bad apples" are in a very small minority indeed, but this very small minority makes a lot of noise and needs to be dealt with.

Furthermore, Abrahamic Religions goals are not necessarily "peace" but some form of religious fight.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join