It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing UFO Over NY

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Why would she be driving down the road snapping photos of holes in the clouds? That doesn't even make sense to me. People driving take photos of unusual things, not mundane things.

Again, what would be so special about a break in the clouds that would cause her to share that photo with her coworkers?

The fact that she snapped a photo and claims she didn't see the object tells me that it wasn't in the sky.

link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Blender

Refer back to the OP.
"She" didn't see the UFO at all. This was all initiated by the coworker who she gave the camera to.

The guy that downloaded the pictures off of her camera to his computer would, I'm assuming, have shown her the picture of what he thought to be a UFO.

link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Because condensation always forms symmetrically

Bro, you really need to get glasses... However it looks to me like it's a reflection from inside the car, almost like a wrist watch, and those rain droplets would not be hard to photoshop to make it look like the object is on the other side of the glass and in the clouds.... To me the perspective of the UFO appears to be closer and in focus more than the clouds are, which makes me feel it is in fact a fake.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by porschedrifter]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by minute2midnight
Reflection of one of the the cars speakers off the window. This isn't rocket science, just common sense.

[edit on 7/4/2010 by minute2midnight]

I second that.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Blender

You are assuming something that is not stated. Just as people seem to be assuming that the hole in the clouds she was taking a picture of was the "UFO" rather than the actual hole in the clouds which is more centered in the image.

Do you really think she would not have noticed the "UFO"?

[edit on 7/4/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I haven't read every post, nor will I, because it doesn't look real to me. It looks EXACTLY like the circle on my windshield left over by the suction cups of my GPS.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The important thing to note about the picture is to observe the blurr of driving, the blurr is in the trees the clouds but NOT on the SPOT, therefore it must be traveling at the exact same rate and direction as the driver.... ie... its apart of the vehicle!

It is something on the window not in the clouds.

Looks like an oil spill.
smudge anything but whatever it is, it is not in the sky.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravisT
I haven't read every post, nor will I, because it doesn't look real to me. It looks EXACTLY like the circle on my windshield left over by the suction cups of my GPS.

Do me a favor and take a picture of said suction cup mark. I can't see residue from something stuck on the window having the marks that people are calling "bolts" in such a uniform way.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Interesting.
I wonder where exactly this took place.
I was in NY while this happened and we had one day of tornadoes touching down in the middle of town.
This looks like it might've been in the same area.
It's too bad they don't say where this took place.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet11
The important thing to note about the picture is to observe the blurr of driving, the blurr is in the trees the clouds but NOT on the SPOT, therefore it must be traveling at the exact same rate and direction as the driver.... ie... its apart of the vehicle!

It is something on the window not in the clouds.

Looks like an oil spill.
smudge anything but whatever it is, it is not in the sky.

The further away an object is the less its going to blurr, it's a good photo but rather not see it dash into the hoax section.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure we've heard just about all the conjecture we can possibly come up with given that all we have to look at is a picture and a story.

Neither of these two items can be validated.

So until someone leaves the comfort of ATS to go dig up some more info on this story, NONE of us can say conclusively what we're looking at. And we may never find out, as is usually the case, but the point I want to make is...

None of you can say with any certainty what we're looking at. We need more information. Some of your interpretations have been interesting and well founded, but just be sure that you don't try to come across as "having the answer" because you don't.

So if you want to get anywhere near the truth, go find her number, or address, or email, or something... and get more intel!

Otherwise, this is just a fun and entertaining exercise in futility.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by DamaSan]

link   
Wait a minute. That's not the windshield. Look at the frame. It stops before it bottoms out on the left.

link   
Fake!

Why didn't anyone else see this?

You cannot convince me that something this big and obvious was only seen by one person.

Get some common sense!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Violet is right, trees and clouds and road are blurred, but the object is not...there it is a reflection...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
If it was a Jeep Wrangler this is what the dash looks like.

Could those dash speakers reflecting on an angled piece of glass create an oval? I think so, but they are not lighted.

I should note I do not think these speakers are causing this anomaly.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Sf18443]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Violet is right, trees and clouds and road are blurred, but the object is not...there it is a reflection...

The ground, road, trees, and other nearby objects would be blurred.

But the clouds would NOT be. They are too far away - a thousand feet or so at least.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Sun visor? Photo taken with right hand, arm extend, pointed towards upper left side of windshield...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
maybe it wasnt visable to the naked eye but turned up on the pic ?
why didnt she stop to take the pic ? if i saw a strange break like that id stop and then take the pic then look at the pic...
what sort of phone was it she used and dose she still have the pic on her phone ? to me looks fake tbh

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Wait a minute. That's not the windshield. Look at the frame. It stops before it bottoms out on the left.

and what is the black object down below where the window "bottoms out" on the left? A wiper?

Looks more like a back window to me now that you mention it.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Blender

If it is the back window, then the driver is in the wrong lane!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join